Subliminal Talk

Full Version: The Adventures of the Mystic Pymp (currently AM6 second run)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hello everyone!

After my mixed experience with AM6 I decided to run Weight Loss program for 6 months or until I reach my goal. I will try to post updates weekly, less often if I'll be out on a trip or more often if I'll have something to talk about.

My goal is to go down with my weight to 70kg, and possibly even further. I'm 1.71 meters high (translate it to imperial units yourselves those of you living in middle-ages) so I think 60-70kg is a healthy weight given I don't want to build up a lot of muscle.

This is how my weight was changing during my AM run.
[Image: MqKqTPIl.png]

In the past I was trying to lose weight with rather bad results. My best attempt was a couple of years back, when I got from 82kg to 76kg, but soon I got back to 80kg due to yoyo effect and lose of motivation.

I will not be dieting during the run, I will just avoid candy and things like that. I will exercise though, starting with running and stretching with maybe more exercise down the road. I don't use any supplements right now except for caffeine pills I take before the runs.

As to the sub, I will try to maximize my exposure for the first couple of weeks, then I will keep it on the steady 8-12 hours per day. All with accordance to the instructions of course.

I think that's it for the intro, see you next week.
Good luck.. smash it Wink
Day 8

Weight: 83.7kg
Change: +0.2kg

It seems that my weight didn't change much this week, but it rose up to 85 at one point. I have no idea why, although I remember similar thing happening before so it didn't decrease my motivation.

As for the sub it's much easier on me than AM was. I am able to listen to it the whole day, although I limit myself to about 16h/day, otherwise I'm getting tired. On other fronts I scored almost 40km of run this week so I think I'm doing my share of cardio exercises. No diet so far, I'm just trying not to each candy and fast-food and I watch my overall calories intake.

There are a couple of more things I might have to mention, but there are mostly due to change of setting I'm in rather than the sub. Summer holidays begun so I can finally slack off and be non-productive. Also my sleep cycle got screwed up, I'm going to sleep at 5AM and getting up around noon. This is typical for me however.
I suggest you maximize your exposure during the whole run. :-) Especially if you're at all resistant.
Bodyweight fluctuates throughout the day, so don't let that get you down.

However, you really should be counting calories. It's simple physics, you have to burn more calories than you consume if you are to lose weight...and to gain weight it's the opposite. Even if you workout everyday but still consumed more calories than you burn, you're gonna gain weight (if you're lifting weights, some of it will be muscle). If you ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week, yet consumed 50,000 calories a day while you were running, you'd gain weight. Put air into a balloon faster than it leaks out, the balloon expands. Put air into a balloon at a lower rate than it leaks out, the balloon deflates. Subliminals don't beat physics. Maybe by you cutting out junk food would eliminate enough calories to put you at a caloric deficit, but you can't be sure until you calculate it.
(07-08-2015, 01:42 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you maximize your exposure during the whole run. :-) Especially if you're at all resistant.

Yes, obviously Smile The problem is it's not always feasible to do or man simply forgets to play it on during the day. So far I think I'm doing 16h/day though. Maybe I'll try to push it up to 21h/day, but I'm not certain it's the best idea.

(07-09-2015, 10:04 PM)TangoDelta Wrote: [ -> ]Bodyweight fluctuates throughout the day, so don't let that get you down.

However, you really should be counting calories. It's simple physics, you have to burn more calories than you consume if you are to lose weight...and to gain weight it's the opposite. Even if you workout everyday but still consumed more calories than you burn, you're gonna gain weight (if you're lifting weights, some of it will be muscle). If you ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week, yet consumed 50,000 calories a day while you were running, you'd gain weight. Put air into a balloon faster than it leaks out, the balloon expands. Put air into a balloon at a lower rate than it leaks out, the balloon deflates. Subliminals don't beat physics. Maybe by you cutting out junk food would eliminate enough calories to put you at a caloric deficit, but you can't be sure until you calculate it.

Well, I'm physicist so I know how thermodynamics of burning calories work, provided that biologist provide accurate numbers of how many calories human body uses Smile I'm also diabetic so I know perfectly well how much I've eaten because I keep track of my insulin doses, and if I ate too much I can see it on my glucose levels. So as long as I don't eat butter or other pure fat like crazy (cause those things don't increase glucose levels significantly) I can account for everything I ate.

About weight fluctuations: I always weight myself just after morning toilette, before breakfast. Even if I weight myself in different times of day for some reason I don't count those. I've learnt not to care about fluctuations thought and focus on trends in stead.

I'll be posting an update on Tuesday/Wednesday.
(07-12-2015, 02:52 AM)MannSchaft Wrote: [ -> ]Try apple cider vinegar. You'll lose the fat even if you do nothing. I read it also helps with sugar levels and has many other benefits. Just google it.

I am not fat but I gained some tummy fat lately and I have been on ACV for about 3 weeks now and it's going down.

Of course not any ACV in plastic bottles you find in supermarkets. Those are worthless. Choose only the organic raw unpasteurized ones with the mother.

Thanks, I'll do some research on that one. I have little confidence in such miracle solutions, but maybe it's worth a shot.
Day 15

Weight: 83.2 kg
Change: -0.6kg

I lost some weight this week apparently, but for most of the week it was stagnant at 83.7-83.8, which started to seriously really piss me off. I really hate my body sometimes when I was able to hold my weight while eating like a pig while now it's so hard to lose weight while running and being careful of what I eat. Makes me think that my metabolism is screwed up somehow. Or maybe I'm gaining muscle ... by running? That would be something new.

If I sound a bit angry or passive-aggressive in paragraph above it's because sub is putting quite a bit of emotional strain on me. It really makes me appreciate internal equilibrium I've achieved during AM, now undone because my past is coming back at me. It's nothing I can't manage, but it's just silly for me that I've been trying to deal with those issues for 9 months with LTU and AM and now they return.

At least my motivation is stronger than ever. Maybe it has something to do with this emotional strain, after all the reason why I started running all those years ago was to have a way to ventilate all my emotions connected to heartbreak I had at the time. Anyhow even if I don't want to because lazy or bad weather I somehow find myself going for a jog everyday (expect rest days of course). I've run around 45 km this week which is a lot for, and that includes my best 10k run this year. So at least on this front I find myself proud.
Not an update, I didn't even weight myself and after such a short time after last update it wouldn't matter anyway. I want to ask you guys a favor. On my research through the internet on some good supplements to aid in weight loss I've came across "African Mango". I've been using heavily my bullcrap filter (I just refuse to believe in miracle solutions) and this one looks actually promising, but there is still not too many places where I can find honest reviews which don't try to sell the product.

So if you know a place/review where I can find a honest opinion and not just marketing please let me know either here or through PM. I'd really appreciate that as I'm not in the topic and I'm not sure what sources I can trust.

I will post a link below, if it's against rules of the forums please delete link or whole post, doesn't really matter.

http://nutrinaafricanmango.co.uk/
I don't know that specific one but I wouldn't put much stock in it. It's predominantly the actions you take, eating well and exercise aswell as dealing with the emotional side (as the program is doing).

These suppliments aren't going to do anything magical, as I said about the ACV they may just give a little boost when you have everything else on par.

I take green tea extract to help burn fat, but it's very hard to say if it's done anything at all. It is pretty cheap though.
(07-17-2015, 05:04 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know that specific one but I wouldn't put much stock in it. It's predominantly the actions you take, eating well and exercise aswell as dealing with the emotional side (as the program is doing).

These suppliments aren't going to do anything magical, as I said about the ACV they may just give a little boost when you have everything else on par.

I take green tea extract to help burn fat, but it's very hard to say if it's done anything at all. It is pretty cheap though.

The reason I'm interested in supplements is that apparently I have very slow metabolism and my body has problems with breaking down fat that is already stored. I've heard about good properties of green tea and I've already started to drink it, albeit rarely as I'm not used to it and I forget. Also it doesn't taste that well to me.
Try adding honey, turmeric and cayenne pepper to the green tea.. that's how I have my green tea and it tastes pretty good. Though most people I say that to are like "ewww" haha.
Day 20

Weight: 82.7 kg
Change: -0.5 kg

Finally something's started to change. If I were to keep this pace of losing 0.5 kg per week I'd be happy, but I am yet to see if this trend continues.

As to more general stuff: I feel better overall. Emotional strain is still there but much weaker. There are some things I'm angry or disappointed about right now, but these are due to recent events. I keep running, if there is one thing this sub is good at it's keeping me motivated to exercise and keep my diet.
Day 31

Weight: 83 kg
Change: +0.3 kg

It's been a tough week. I got sick with some kind of poisoning and I couldn't go to the rock festival I wanted to go soooooo bad. I mean I could go, but thinking that I could be throwing up back there and feeling weak overall didn't sound like a fun, I didn't want to risk it.

I think I've gained some weight this week because I was sick I didn't run and also I've had my birthday and I ate like 1500 calories of cake. I think I was justified though as for two days I ate almost nothing during sickness.

I'm sick of this weight loss program. In the past with half the effort I'd see tangible results, but now I could run a marathon daily and eat only grass and still I'd be stuck with my weight. I'm seriously considering ditching all and any weight loss efforts (I'd still be running for example, but on the same rules as before start of the program) and running AM6 for a second time. I mean seriously, what's the point when my body simply doesn't want to loose the weight?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7