Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Money Bump - BASE 2.1 - Round 3 (last round in 2017)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I've been running BASE over the past week, but this has been in conflict with the washout period involved with UMS.
This really screwed up my focus and productivity, but it has come back slightly this past day. I'm slightly more optimistic, but nowhere near my usual productivity.

Day 7,

Currently involved in a Facebook group which has an intense focus on building a marketing/creative agency. My current focus is in becoming a really good copywriter. I've made some sales and made some money, but nowhere near the agency level

This past week, I've been second-guessing my willingness to stick through the bullshit, especially because I don't want the obligations involved with success. There are time of day obligations, time zone and geographic obligations, employees, constant phones calls, delegation. Sure, I wouldn't like the money, but it's equivalent to becoming an engineer solely for the money.

Last Saturday (the 1st), I started on a first draft for a mini eBook I had bouncing around in my mind. By using a new writing system (which I came up with), I was able to write just over 13,000 words in a 24 hour period. Yesterday, I put out just under 2,000 words due to my being in a funk.

And so, I could market and sell my own products using funnels and email marketing. Furthermore, I could leverage these same services to run affiliate marketing for other programs/products I believe in (and am knowledgeable about) and make residuals.

TL;DR; considering a change of marketing to earn money more on my terms, all while using a copywriting edge as my advantage.
Ampersnd,

I can comment on your goal since I have made the switch from software dev to marketing for more or less the same motivation than you.

I feel like you are in better position to succeed in the marketing/copywriting than I do. I'm saying this because I have followed your last AM run journal and I have seen the immense amount of written material that you created.

If you are a prolific writer, there is no doubt in my mind that you will succeed your endeavor.

Marketing isn't terribly complicated. imho, all that it takes to succeed is dedication and perseverance.
I have seen a lot of people starting and the vast majority simply just gave up. In an initial group of 40, AFAIK, 2-3 people max, including myself, did make it.

Was I better than the other? No. I just never give up and never count the hours or required effort to succeed. If on top of that, you are talented in writing, you are set for great success

To you success!
(02-09-2020, 05:26 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: [ -> ]I've been running BASE over the past week, but this has been in conflict with the washout period involved with UMS.
This really screwed up my focus and productivity, but it has come back slightly this past day. I'm slightly more optimistic, but nowhere near my usual productivity.

Day 7,

Currently involved in a Facebook group which has an intense focus on building a marketing/creative agency. My current focus is in becoming a really good copywriter. I've made some sales and made some money, but nowhere near the agency level

This past week, I've been second-guessing my willingness to stick through the *****, especially because I don't want the obligations involved with success. There are time of day obligations, time zone and geographic obligations, employees, constant phones calls, delegation. Sure, I wouldn't like the money, but it's equivalent to becoming an engineer solely for the money.

Last Saturday (the 1st), I started on a first draft for a mini eBook I had bouncing around in my mind. By using a new writing system (which I came up with), I was able to write just over 13,000 words in a 24 hour period. Yesterday, I put out just under 2,000 words due to my being in a funk.

And so, I could market and sell my own products using funnels and email marketing. Furthermore, I could leverage these same services to run affiliate marketing for other programs/products I believe in (and am knowledgeable about) and make residuals.

TL;DR; considering a change of marketing to earn money more on my terms, all while using a copywriting edge as my advantage.

Hey Ampersnd

I'm curious about your new writing method. Care to share? I can talk a ton but when it comes to writing it feels too slow and its as if I'm not in my flow. I was thinking about recording audios/videos instead and promoting those, or even getting them transcribed. I appreciate your input as, like Lano stated, your writing rate is quite prolific.

Cheers
13k words in a day is not really a huge amount, if you plan it out well. It's about 1.1k words an hour for 12 hours. Raw output, it doesn't take anywhere near an hour to type 1.1k words if you have any sort of reasonable typing speed. You just need to pace the writing and the resting properly in my experience. And I suggest building up to high output, or you'll probably burn yourself out.
(02-11-2020, 03:51 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]13k words in a day is not really a huge amount, if you plan it out well.  It's about 1.1k words an hour for 12 hours.  Raw output, it doesn't take anywhere near an hour to type 1.1k words if you have any sort of reasonable typing speed.  You just need to pace the writing and the resting properly in my experience.  And I suggest building up to high output, or you'll probably burn yourself out.

Agreed. That was actually a pretty lazy day where I was at the gym and on Tinder a lot. I spent probably 6-7 hours on my project. 2 hours from midnight to 2 am. 4 hours in the late afternoon, and 1 right after midnight.

My barometer for success is output/time. Of course, the more time the better.
(02-10-2020, 07:30 AM)Omni3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2020, 05:26 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: [ -> ]I've been running BASE over the past week, but this has been in conflict with the washout period involved with UMS.

Day 7,

This past week, I've been second-guessing my willingness to stick through the *****, especially because I don't want the obligations involved with success. There are time of day obligations, time zone and geographic obligations, employees, constant phones calls, delegation. Sure, I wouldn't like the money, but it's equivalent to becoming an engineer solely for the money.

Hey Ampersnd

I'm curious about your new writing method. Care to share? I can talk a ton but when it comes to writing it feels too slow and its as if I'm not in my flow. I was thinking about recording audios/videos instead and promoting those, or even getting them transcribed. I appreciate your input as, like Lano stated, your writing rate is quite prolific.

Cheers

Hey buddy,

My book project is literally on the topic of writing books quickly. Here's the cliffnotes:

1) Organize your book's ideas and then break it up into 200-word chunks;
2) Place those chunks into Microsoft Excel, one chunk/idea per row, summarized as a single idea/phrase. You will be writing roughly 200 words in the next cell.
3) Install a word-counter into the cell after that. It will count how many words you've written in the writing block.
4) Place a global word counter at the top of the document. Freeze the top row to always keep it visible.
5) Try to write 200 words for each idea you've listed out. Add new rows if your idea exceeds 250 words. In other words, you don't want a 400-word cell; convert it into 2x200 words.

If you follow this, it's easy to rack up the words. If you come up with 5 chunks, you've got 1,000 words. If you write for only 25 chunks, that's 5,000 words. 

It's basically a reframing of how you view writing. The Excel sheet also forces you to break down the project into chunks and also motivates you by showing you the word-count.

Hope this helps.
(02-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: [ -> ]

Day 7,

Hey Ampersnd

Cheers

Hey buddy,

My book project is literally on the topic of writing books quickly. Here's the cliffnotes:

2) Place those chunks into Microsoft Excel, one chunk/idea per row, summarized as a single idea/phrase. You will be writing roughly 200 words in the next cell.
3) Install a word-counter into the cell after that. It will count how many words you've written in the writing block.
4) Place a global word counter at the top of the document. Freeze the top row to always keep it visible.
5) Try to write 200 words for each idea you've listed out. Add new rows if your idea exceeds 250 words. In other words, you don't want a 400-word cell; convert it into 2x200 words.

If you follow this, it's easy to rack up the words. If you come up with 5 chunks, you've got 1,000 words. If you write for only 25 chunks, that's 5,000 words. 

It's basically a reframing of how you view writing. The Excel sheet also forces you to break down the project into chunks and also motivates you by showing you the word-count.

Hope this helps.

Even though I didn't ask for it, I find it very helpful and I appreciate your ideas and support. Keep up with your good work, I think you have a lot of people here who wish you a lot success and money and women. You are one of the entrepreneur candidates here whom I'd like to see run the BAMM program to push forward and succeed. Maybe Shannon can give you a free scholarship if you promise to become a millionaire and pay him back 10x, haha Wink
Stage 1, Day 14,

Been making good progress, but boy have I been slow at it.
I have a 3-day weekend, meaning that I've been taking advantage of the opportunity to write as much as I possibly can for my digital product (the one where I wrote 13 K words in a day out of sheer inspiration).
- Wrote 6.6 K words on Saturday.
- Wrote 7.5 K words today (Sunday).

The key lesson is... I need to shut off any videos or external stimuli, because it's undeniable that I type my words much more quickly when everything is turned off.

I've been training for a half-marathon; I ran 6 miles on Thursday, 4 miles on Friday, and ~5 miles on Saturday. I went to my judo class today and got my yellow belt! I'm avoiding pushing myself too hard during my martial arts to avoid injuring myself.

- Had 2 second dates, and even found myself on the coach/close to bed, but I was not attracted enough to either of them to make a move. It's the middle of winter, so it's tough to tell whether they have a rocking bod until they're in a house.
- Fortunately, I had a good looking date yesterday, and I'll have one tomorrow.

Overall, I'm getting a ton of inspiration to get off my ass and get moving on side businesses.
For one, I want to buy a good quality computer that can edit videos and quickly manage/render any video projects for YouTube (I currently have no such projects).
For two, I'm wanting to hire interns (through Acadium) to do a bunch of tasks for my businesses (I currently have no businesses).
For three, I'm wanting to buy a bunch of video equipment to be able to create these videos.
All the while, I want to push myself to be better at my instruments and my foreign languages.

How I get enough time to manage all of this? I have no idea. I figure that if I can monetize my ebook and build an email list, I'll have enough liquid cash to hire people to handle a lot of the lower end tasks, freeing me up for self actualization.

I'm realizing that people my age - I'm 27 going onto 28 - are already making much more money than me in their day jobs. I used to think that my income was hot shit, and I even felt bad for making that amount of money. Now that my living expenses have gone up, I've realized that it's not all that. And since my job recently gave me a raise of a whopping 1% - which means that I'm losing money year-to-year due to inflation - that's enough of a slap to the fact to make me realize that my job doesn't really give a shit. And now that I've actually read through parts of the book called Bull$h!t Jobs, I've realized that I'm both a boxticker and a kind of duct-taper. However, there are consequences for not ticking these boxes fast enough; in fact, it eats up my entire day. I actually laid out the relevance and impact of my daily activities on a scale of 1 to 10 and realized that my work has an impact of under 5; there's a lot of noise about what we do, but we ultimately do very little different. And this fact hasn't been more clear as it has been recently.

Take to make some changes.
(02-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Ampersnd Wrote: [ -> ]

Day 7,

Hey Ampersnd

Cheers

Hey buddy,

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this.
Stage 1, Day 15,

Added another 7.6 K words today on a day off; accomplished this in roughly 7 hours of writing time. Completed the first draft of my eBook with today's work. In 6 days, I wrote the full 38.1K words.

I anticipate that I'll be able to complete the formatting and second draft in roughly 2-3 workdays, but only if I don't go running. I may be able to create a sales page for this by the end of this upcoming weekend.
Stage 1, Day 20,

On the 3rd draft/review of my eBook project. It's now ~43,000 words total, making about 155 pages after my formatting.
I'm perfectly fine with this length, though I will be adding an extra section on fiction writing.

I've been on the Tinders, but I've been disappointed by the overall results.
The women I've met are alright, but it's either stalled out or the women aren't as attractive as I thought (it's winter and women have coats lol).
My matches agree to meet but then stall out the whole process.
Having these incel-like thoughts about how women have this part of life incredibly easy, while I'm putting in all this effort, yada yada.

There is one who I should follow up with though.
I'd love to be able to finish my ebook within the next 2-3 days, then create some kind of landing page.
Stage 1, Day 21,

Feeling even angrier than yesterday. But fully relating to dating.
28 is approaching and I feel that there are core parts of life where I've missed out, and the window is closing fast.
As I write this, it's slowly converting into a sick kind of motivation.
Stage 1, Day 23,

That anger reached a peak today while I was at work, but then the dam broke and I started to chill out by the mid-afternoon.

I'm starting to crush on one of the nurses at my job. She's in a relationship though. Blonde, skinny, hot soft-looking body, has big-rimmed glasses. Very chill. She's very curious about my love life, considering that I mentioned that I started dating online. Sound bad, but I want her to break up with her boyfriend so that I could fuck her. Or, that she discloses that she's in a poly/open situation.

Half-way through CopyHour (45/90 days).

About to buy parts for a new PC build. Will walk into the shop on Saturday, and will probably pick up pieces for the next Saturday.
Stage 1, Day 24,

Had this dream where I had a plane ticket booked to a faraway place. I didn't know where it was, I just knew its name; it was a strange name (let's call it "Tangene"). I'm waiting in the airport, thinking it was in South America, but then I see a map and find that it's in Eastern America, while my departing flight is on the Western Coast. I'm from neither place.

All the while, I have to decide whether I even want to board and fly there.
At the end of the day, I never made it to the plane.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5