• Welcome to Subliminal Talk!
  • The best in subliminal audio
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Bluetooth Speakers and Headphones
Thread Modes
Does using a Bluetooth speaker with Ultrasonic sub reduced its effectiveness as compared to wired speakers?
I plan to buy a stereo (with left and right speaker channels) Bluetooth speaker for use with ultrasonic subs since my two wired speakers I have been using for around 7 years or so have died on me.

Also what about using Bluetooth wireless earphones. Those cheap below $100 models. Airpods seems to cost so much.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Reduces quality, depending on what codec is used. Wifi has more bandwidth - haven't read but I'm assuming DLNA and similar have (little to) no added compression. 

For bluetooth, there is a baseline mandatory codec which is something like... googling...192-320kbps. Then, if your source and headphones support it, you can have better codecs e.g. AptX or AptX HD. The former of those is "CD quality". So you see that there is compression involved, more or less, so something from the audio file is left out. With wires, there is no compression. I suppose you could even get multiple compressions if some internal system would have to change from a format to another.

You asked about sub effectiveness, but that's hard to measure. You'll be relying on forum member reports, or just uttry it out for a while with BT headphones and try to get a sense of whether it's working better or worse.
Thoughts, opinions and beliefs subject to change without prior notice.

(01-08-2020, 09:30 AM)LionKing Wrote: Reduces quality, depending on what codec is used. Wifi has more bandwidth - haven't read but I'm assuming DLNA and similar have (little to) no added compression. 

For bluetooth, there is a baseline mandatory codec which is something like... googling...192-320kbps. Then, if your source and headphones support it, you can have better codecs e.g. AptX or AptX HD. The former of those is "CD quality". So you see that there is compression involved, more or less, so something from the audio file is left out. With wires, there is no compression. I suppose you could even get multiple compressions if some internal system would have to change from a format to another.

You asked about sub effectiveness, but that's hard to measure. You'll be relying on forum member reports, or just uttry it out for a while with BT headphones and try to get a sense of whether it's working better or worse.

Thanks for giving your input. It looks like I still have to stick with wired earphones and speakers for full sub effectiveness.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

Generally it's not recommended. In theory it 'can' reduce compression, but some people have said it's been okay for them. So because of that we can't really say decisively.

I'm using bluetooth headphones since 3years ago and it's fine with results. I'm using some cheapo Anker bluetooth soundsport

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bone conduction headphones UniversalMan 4 191 06-22-2020, 04:22 AM
Last Post: UniversalMan
  headphones review: Philips SHP9500 bits 3 1,587 06-05-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: tolgaocal80
Video Bone Conducting Headphones SexyMofo 2 675 09-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Shannon
  Cheap speakers seem to work better for ultrasonic silent subs (???) Zork 5 899 05-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Zork
  What Earbuds or Headphones are you guys using? lokko 0 679 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: lokko
Music Good headphones/earphones to sleep with? (For Masked) risingwarrior 4 2,051 09-25-2016, 11:01 PM
Last Post: jb20