Subliminal Talk
What are the origins of the signal...? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: What are the origins of the signal...? (/Thread-What-are-the-origins-of-the-signal)

What are the origins of the signal...? - apollolux - 03-04-2016

I've been getting from girls a lot of the "brush your hair behind your ear(s)" signal for a couple of months. It seems to be evenly distributed between with earrings and without, so I disqualify that as a reason. As I type this the beautiful brunette woman sitting across from me at the coffee shop has been brushing her hair behind her ear for the past 5 minutes.

What are the origins of that signal? Is it simply a woman signaling that she's ready to hear/listen to what I have to say, or is it something else?

I know from experience that I could easily turn her ears into erogenous zones (and have successfully done so many times) but is there something more to this exposed ear signal?

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - Benjamin - 03-04-2016

Wow.. really a whole thread on that? That's overanalyzing way too much.

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - apollolux - 03-04-2016

It's more out of curiosity about the biological or social origins of the signal than the usual overanalyzing I tend to do. I've been wondering about the origins for a month or so and the occasion simply reminded me to ask about it.

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - MadTheReaper - 03-04-2016

Maybe it is a way women fidget.
Maybe they do it to expose their neck and cheek skin.

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - cashmerecat - 03-04-2016

Most of the time I do it just to get the hair out of my face. But if a girl is doing it in a way that exposes her neck, wrist and other vulnerable body parts, it's a sign that she's interested in you (making herself appear submissive to you, if you're wondering about the origins).

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - Spareness - 03-06-2016

(03-04-2016, 11:13 PM)cashmerecat Wrote: Most of the time I do it just to get the hair out of my face. But if a girl is doing it in a way that exposes her neck, wrist and other vulnerable body parts, it's a sign that she's interested in you (making herself appear submissive to you, if you're wondering about the origins).

Nice. I'm quite surprised, if otherwise (being aggressive) means it is a rejection signal ?. I read somewhere that it was not always, so I quite confused.

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - 4Kingdoms - 04-10-2016

(04-09-2016, 08:01 PM)Sky_Wolf Wrote: You're hair contains pheromones, they’re are theories that girls instinctively flick their hair to spread their mones for you to pick up.

This actually makes sense. Still you have to wonder??? Is it a conscious or unconscious reaction.

If it is conscious, then women are in the know that they are spreading their pheromones towards you.

If it is unconscious, then she could easily say, "I was just getting the hair out of my face."

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - HorizonPUA - 04-10-2016

its has evolutinary reasons.
They show off their hair aka good health and on same time expose their neck wide open to you, which shows vulnerability -> trust into u.

its unconscious all around the world if i girl gets attracted. But alot of girls know about it and do it conscious to flirt Wink

RE: What are the origins of the signal...? - apollolux - 04-10-2016

It seems even girls in hijabs (hijabi? What's the plural?) try to "brush their hair back" in my presence even though the hair is entirely under the thing. Astonishing the intensity of my more confident aura is even with low testosterone.