Subliminal Talk
Am6 did not work - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Am6 did not work (/Thread-Am6-did-not-work)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Am6 did not work - Superman - 12-20-2015

It's Shannon's media, he can set the rules behind what he determines to be fair use.

Like some text book sites will sell you a pdf file that can't be copied and expires after a certain time. Or like pstec files which if they are shared can be traced back to the original owner who will then be tracked and banned.

You're comparing different types of media here with different laws regarding fair use. If Shannon decides he does not want to allow something and you agree to it in the terms and then still go and do it then you are in fact doing something illegal.

RE: Am6 did not work - TheRealJustin - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 07:59 AM)Superman Wrote: It's Shannon's media, he can set the rules behind what he determines to be fair use.

Like some text book sites will sell you a pdf file that can't be copied and expires after a certain time. Or like pstec files which if they are shared can be traced back to the original owner who will then be tracked and banned.

You're comparing different types of media here with different laws regarding fair use. If Shannon decides he does not want to allow something and you agree to it in the terms and then still go and do it then you are in fact doing something illegal.

I know he can have the AP Code in his subs if he wants to, but that doesn't mean someone who breaks the APcode is doing something illegal LMAO.

I'm going to write a book and say 'in order to read this book you need to stand on one foot and spin in circles' then people who read my book without doing that are doing something illegal? FUC* NO!

Look, this isn't the hugest deal on the planet, I'm still listening to my subs, but I prefer to not have that sh*t in my subs unless I'm getting the sub for free and I choose how much I want to pay for it.

I know Shannon can put anything he wants in his subs, and he knows I can switch vendors whenever one rises, and once subs get more popular, I'm sure there will be insane amounts of people with incredibly high quality subs that don't add any weird sh*t to their subs.

I've been using these for 2 years now and I'm fine, I still use youtube and watch movies I didn't pay for and stuff so it's all good, but idk if I'm going to buy anything more powerful like someone else on here said they used to actually do torrent downloads and they ran a 5g sub and stopped.

I'm not paying for these subs so they can play the moral police for me. I'll decide that sh*t for myself I have a mind of my own.

I run these subs for myself and nobody else.

If I can't get the quality and care I'm looking for here, eventually I'll find some where that has what I'm looking for.

Simple.

The way I type I probably seem wayyy more upset than I really am, if you were here with me the whole time you would see I'm just chill, but not seeing me it's probably easy to picture some super furious outraged guy like typing out all angry and bitter lol.

Square merged with Enix and I stopped playing Final Fantasy. That's their choice. If they ever want to give Enix the boot and become Squaresoft again, then I'll start buying Final Fantasy games again.

Simple. Sh*t happens, but it sucks when something you love so much just becomes, idk the word for it.

RE: Am6 did not work - AriGold - 12-20-2015

TheRealJustin, I understand you. I also think the AP-code is taking room within the sub that could be used in a different way.

But if you were Shannon, how would you protect your lifework? I mean, maybe you can come up with another solution that nobody else has ever thought about and Shannon might switch to your solution. So, give it a try Smile

(12-20-2015, 09:16 AM)AriGold Wrote: TheRealJustin, I understand you. I also think the AP-code is taking room within the sub that could be used in a different way.

But if you were Shannon, how would you protect your lifework? I mean, maybe you can come up with another solution that nobody else has ever thought about and Shannon might switch to your solution. So, give it a try Smile

If I were Shannon I would 100% no question about it have no AP Code in any sub, and if people pirate them oh well, that's just part of the game when you do business online.

That's my solution. Remove it.

I thought it would be crystal clear by now what I would do lmao.

RE: Am6 did not work - Darkness - 12-20-2015

That's like a home with doors without locks. Or a homeowner without flood insurance protection in a tropical region

(12-20-2015, 10:01 AM)Darkness Wrote: That's like a home with doors without locks. Or a homeowner without flood insurance protection in a tropical region

That's very interesting considering that there's thousands of online businesses insanely more successful than this one that do not have some subliminal copyright script.

There homes are doing better than this one with doors without locks and no flood insurance, so can I ask what your point is?

LMAOOOOOO

(12-20-2015, 10:25 AM)FrostedFake Wrote: I'm not even gonna read what you guys have to say anymore because its ridiculous. You guys are wasting Shannon's time.

Just stop posting, you're wasting everybodys time. Shannon already said how the AP code does less than he even thought. It doesn't even really stop you from pirating. All it does is educate you...

I'll bet 50 bucks you and the people who clicked like will all continue to read. I understand human behavior quite well.

(12-20-2015, 10:20 AM)FrostedFake Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 06:37 AM)TheRealJustin Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 06:06 AM)Womanizer Wrote: According to the law even if someone else wants to share the song they purchased with you a complete stranger and you download it then it's piracy. A huge number of the population does download songs without purchasing.
https://riaa.com/physicalpiracy.php?content_selector=piracy_online_the_law

The main problem is they don't teach this in school , and also the world expects everyone to know this , how can you know without a teacher to teach.You have to find it on your own. So if someone buys a song uploads it and someone else downloads it , in the eyes of the law it's piracy. If I rent a dvd and watch it with my friend , then that's a form of piracy too since my wife didn't Co rent or pay for the rent process? Because fair value was only attained on one side, so that would be considered as piracy to some degree would it not? Either way in order to better educate the general public they need to have a half hour discussion on this in all middle schools. To educate all future customers have a separate thread where users can easily access and read about the AP code and piracy.

Actually the law is it's illegal to share/seed not illegal to download if you're talking about actual pirating which is torrent downloads, even that is only half illegal, depends on if you're the seeder or the downloader because only the seeder is doing something illegal. I know this for 100% fact because I was at a friends apartment one day and we couldn't get on xbox live, checked his modem and the lights were RED and I have never seen red lights and neither has he so he called the internet company and they said he was sharing files illegally and then he asked if he had to delete all the files or if he could only stop sharing and they said they recommend he deletes it all but he only had to stop sharing/seeding. He unseeded everything and they instantly turned the internet back on and he didn't delete a thing and even the internet people said it's technically not illegal but they advice he still deletes the stuff but it's up to him if he does or not.

If it were illegal they wouldn't have turned his internet back on in like 2 seconds.

I'm not promoting torrent downloading but the laws aren't solid with that suff.

This whole time though none of us are saying we should be able to torrent download Shannon's subs.

Nope. I got in trouble for downloading a game off a torrent website.

Yea, I wasn't 100% sure on that, but I don't care if APCode mentioned torrent downloading because I don't do it anyways.

All I cared about was that it sounded like I would be affected from the sh*t I do because like I've said 100 times I do sh*t that the apcode would see as pirating.

I'll go to youtube, find a song I want, then go to vidtomp3 . com and I will get just the mp3 file from that youtube video. Okay that's not illegal and my concern was that I would be affected by the ap code thinking stuff like that is illegal.

I find it odd for Shannon to say how powerful the ap code is and this and that, and then all of a sudden he checks and realizes the apcode isn't as bad as he made it seem?

Hmmmm, smells like fish.

It's whatever though, I would like to see no apcode in future subs but I'm still going to continue with the subs I have, even if the apcode got removed right now, all of my subs will still have it anyways.

Btw, you were probably seeding your game, or else you tried using the game online and got in some sort of trouble but the trouble probably wasn't directly and specifically for the act of downloading the game.

RE: Am6 did not work - apollolux - 12-20-2015

(12-20-2015, 07:59 AM)Superman Wrote: It's Shannon's media, he can set the rules behind what he determines to be fair use.

Actually, no he can't. Fair use is explicitly defined and protected by federal law (at least in America) for protecting consumers from potentially malicious producers; it's what allows things like using movie clips in critical videos. Shannon is very much allowed to put AP code in the script, but he's not allowed by law to determine what constitutes "fair use."

The arguments in this topic are not necessarily about "is or isn't Shannon allowed to determine 'fair use,'" it's mainly "is or isn't the AP code fair" because Shannon does not make public the exact wording of it.

RE: Am6 did not work - Benjamin - 12-20-2015

Therealjustin I had warned you, I was letting Shannon deal with it but i've had several complaints about your behaviour. Yes we know you don't like it but you are really blasting out at people and going way too far with it. For now i'm locking this thread, it's a shame as it's someones journal but I can seperate the posts if needed.

Doing it in a way that is attacking nearly everyone who replies and also Shannon isn't on.