Subliminal Talk
A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G (/Thread-A-New-Way-of-Being-OF-V3-5-75G)

Pages: 1 2 3

A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-03-2021

I haven’t journaled in a long time but have found myself poking around the forum lately.  Thought it might be a good time to check in.  My last journal was for OF V2.  I didn’t run the sub for the recommended duration because I thought I could benefit more from E4.  However, a part of me wishes I would have kept going.  Upon completing my recent E4 run I decided to give OF V3 a chance.  So far it is a very interesting sub and seems like it will be worth keeping a journal.  Also, I have updated my signature to document my subliminal usage history for anyone that is interested.  I’ve been here for about 7 years and 6 of those years I have been actively running subs.

Before I start journaling about OF V3 I wanted to give some quick thought about E4 since I didn’t keep a journal.  I found it to be a vary taxing sub on me.  I often didn’t run it at the recommend number of loops a day.  In fact, in full accountability, I ran the sub for 9.25 months and only listened to approximately 77% of the number loops that the instructions would have had me complete in 8 months.  My original intent was to continue to listen until I had listened to the originally intended 840 loops.  However, after 9.25 months my subconscious seemed bored of the script, and I was becoming increasingly exhausted from it.  That being said, I did get some pleasant results from it.  The sub is titled Emotional Pain Relief and Healing Aid.  It did exactly that, I had a huge improvement in my emotional health.  I needed a real tune up in that department after getting out of a long-term relationship that hit me pretty hard.  However, I didn’t experience that much of the psychological/trauma healing that was listed in the description.  This may have happened if I listened to more loops per day or ran it longer.  Either way I’m running OF V3 now and seems to be helping with the psyche.

The OF series has had some of the most interesting descriptions on it’s store front pages.  What is fear?  What is life like without Fear?  Not what you expect?  I like this sub a lot so far, it is making very subtle but deep changes to me in just two weeks.  It is not building me up into super man or anything like that but removing a part of me that has always been there in the background that I need to outgrow while expanding my awareness of myself and how I operate at the same time.  Some examples:

1) I often have mental chatter that says I need to be rich or make a million dollars or something else similar.  Now increasing my net worth and being successful is important to me and I expect to continue to do so.  However, I had the realization that if I say these things, it is implying that I’m not good enough the way I am.  It is like I need the money and the success to validate myself.  I need to discontinue the idea that I need to be rich.  It is almost like it has become a prerequisite for happiness, women, freedom, etc..  A shift seems to be happing that is correcting this.  Hopefully this continues.

2)  I seem to be falling a sleep easier and spending more time in alpha/theta brainwave states throughout my day.

3) There seems to be insights coming about the classic idea of how people treat you isn’t a reflection of you but of them.  People that treat you poorly without respect or human decency isn’t always due to something that you are doing but usually a result of their own internal insecurities and programing.  I think most of us know this and/or have heard this before in one way or another but this sub seems to be drilling deep on this.  I have a particularly long-term friendship that is affected by this and instead of wanting to kill this person like I normally do (metaphorically speaking of course) I’m starting to see that he is just screwed up and that I should be less affected by it.

4) I seem to be having less self confidence concerns about my body.  No clothes on no problem lol.  Also, at the same time my motivation to workout is increasing.  I have been working out pretty hard lately. 

5) Also, my motivation to do other self-improvement activities like read or meditate have also increased.  I was binge watching a lot of Netflix/Prime during my E4 run, I felt pretty yin most of the time.  However, now I lose interest in watching TV pretty quickly and start looking for other more productive things to do.  Also seem to be having a hard time staying focused on video games too.

6) I seem to be less needy.  Almost have no interest in finding a new girlfriend/whatever at the moment.  This is usually an overwhelming desire/need that can’t be silenced.  This could be a good change if it continues.  In theory this should also increase my attractiveness when I do want to.  I was walking through one of my favorite local restaurants the other day and it was like everyone of both sexes were staring at me.  I’m like I just want food why is this happening.

I’m sure many more new things will come and things that I’m not remembering right now will be added to my journal soon.  I think this is going to be a great sub.  I really like that Shannon has used a zero-silence ratio on this sub and you can absorb so much in a 1-hour loop.  I usually want to run subs less than the required usage but this seems different and will probably use more.  I had already had the urge to start back on my loops a day early so I did a 3 day on cycle and it wasn’t to overwhelming.  I might look into increasing the number of loops over time as I see some users are doing.  I’ve always been about finding the optimal balance between not overwhelming my mental capacities and moving forward.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-03-2021

Trying new things. I just bought a juicer. I have always wanted to give juicing a try. Not sure why I haven't taken the leap before. Possibly fear, IDK. I was unable to watch TV to relax at the end of the day because it just didn't interest me. The only thing that seems to interest me in my down time right now is what I can do to better myself. Then recalling a chapter in a book I had recently read, it was obviously time to research juicing and buy a juicer. Amazon will deliver Thursday and I plan to go pick out fruits and vegetables after work tomorrow. Hope this drive to improve keeps up during the 6 month OF run. Plus hopefully the juicing will increase my physical and mental capacities to handle the sub with more ease, while continuing to feeling great.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Benjamin - 08-03-2021

I love my celery juice in the morning.. most people think it sounds disgusting but I actually crave it now.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-06-2021

(08-03-2021, 10:12 PM)Benjamin Wrote: I love my celery juice in the morning.. most people think it sounds disgusting but I actually crave it now.

Celery is one of the first juices I tried yesterday.  I have to say it was pretty good.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-06-2021

Started my fourth cycle yesterday. Besides some minor fatigue, I'm feeling pretty good. If I did this program for six months and it only maintained/made my current state permanent it would be worth the cost of the program. Everything seems pretty Zen like lately. However, I hope and believe that OF will keep digging deeper and better treasure will be found.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Jake2015 - 08-06-2021

I found your journal surprising easy and 1 of the more enjoyable ones to read on the forum, laden with logical insights and facts so I will be looking forward to your progress. Great start!

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - NOMAD - 08-06-2021

(08-03-2021, 03:18 AM)Tao374 Wrote: I haven’t journaled in a long time but have found myself poking around the forum lately.  Thought it might be a good time to check in.  My last journal was for OF V2.  I didn’t run the sub for the recommended duration because I thought I could benefit more from E4.  However, a part of me wishes I would have kept going.  Upon completing my recent E4 run I decided to give OF V3 a chance.  So far it is a very interesting sub and seems like it will be worth keeping a journal.  Also, I have updated my signature to document my subliminal usage history for anyone that is interested.  I’ve been here for about 7 years and 6 of those years I have been actively running subs.

Before I start journaling about OF V3 I wanted to give some quick thought about E4 since I didn’t keep a journal.  I found it to be a vary taxing sub on me.  I often didn’t run it at the recommend number of loops a day.  In fact, in full accountability, I ran the sub for 9.25 months and only listened to approximately 77% of the number loops that the instructions would have had me complete in 8 months.  My original intent was to continue to listen until I had listened to the originally intended 840 loops.  However, after 9.25 months my subconscious seemed bored of the script, and I was becoming increasingly exhausted from it.  That being said, I did get some pleasant results from it.  The sub is titled Emotional Pain Relief and Healing Aid.  It did exactly that, I had a huge improvement in my emotional health.  I needed a real tune up in that department after getting out of a long-term relationship that hit me pretty hard.  However, I didn’t experience that much of the psychological/trauma healing that was listed in the description.  This may have happened if I listened to more loops per day or ran it longer.  Either way I’m running OF V3 now and seems to be helping with the psyche.

The OF series has had some of the most interesting descriptions on it’s store front pages.  What is fear?  What is life like without Fear?  Not what you expect?  I like this sub a lot so far, it is making very subtle but deep changes to me in just two weeks.  It is not building me up into super man or anything like that but removing a part of me that has always been there in the background that I need to outgrow while expanding my awareness of myself and how I operate at the same time.  Some examples:

1) I often have mental chatter that says I need to be rich or make a million dollars or something else similar.  Now increasing my net worth and being successful is important to me and I expect to continue to do so.  However, I had the realization that if I say these things, it is implying that I’m not good enough the way I am.  It is like I need the money and the success to validate myself.  I need to discontinue the idea that I need to be rich.  It is almost like it has become a prerequisite for happiness, women, freedom, etc..  A shift seems to be happing that is correcting this.  Hopefully this continues.

2)  I seem to be falling a sleep easier and spending more time in alpha/theta brainwave states throughout my day.

3) There seems to be insights coming about the classic idea of how people treat you isn’t a reflection of you but of them.  People that treat you poorly without respect or human decency isn’t always due to something that you are doing but usually a result of their own internal insecurities and programing.  I think most of us know this and/or have heard this before in one way or another but this sub seems to be drilling deep on this.  I have a particularly long-term friendship that is affected by this and instead of wanting to kill this person like I normally do (metaphorically speaking of course) I’m starting to see that he is just screwed up and that I should be less affected by it.

4) I seem to be having less self confidence concerns about my body.  No clothes on no problem lol.  Also, at the same time my motivation to workout is increasing.  I have been working out pretty hard lately. 

5) Also, my motivation to do other self-improvement activities like read or meditate have also increased.  I was binge watching a lot of Netflix/Prime during my E4 run, I felt pretty yin most of the time.  However, now I lose interest in watching TV pretty quickly and start looking for other more productive things to do.  Also seem to be having a hard time staying focused on video games too.

6) I seem to be less needy.  Almost have no interest in finding a new girlfriend/whatever at the moment.  This is usually an overwhelming desire/need that can’t be silenced.  This could be a good change if it continues.  In theory this should also increase my attractiveness when I do want to.  I was walking through one of my favorite local restaurants the other day and it was like everyone of both sexes were staring at me.  I’m like I just want food why is this happening.

I’m sure many more new things will come and things that I’m not remembering right now will be added to my journal soon.  I think this is going to be a great sub.  I really like that Shannon has used a zero-silence ratio on this sub and you can absorb so much in a 1-hour loop.  I usually want to run subs less than the required usage but this seems different and will probably use more.  I had already had the urge to start back on my loops a day early so I did a 3 day on cycle and it wasn’t to overwhelming.  I might look into increasing the number of loops over time as I see some users are doing.  I’ve always been about finding the optimal balance between not overwhelming my mental capacities and moving forward.

Nice post. I'll be looking forward to your future journal entries.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-10-2021

Jake and NOMAD thanks for the feedback, I will try to keep my journal more up to date than I have in the past.

A little over two weeks into this run and I hit a bad phase. I went through a 5-day period of pretty bad choices. Mostly centered around a couple nights out drinking around the wrong crowd. It got me out of my routine of working out, reading, meditating, eating healthy, etc. My body and mind are mostly recovered now. I was reading a book last night and had a moment of clarity both mentally and emotionally. Sometimes I expect things to happen in a certain way or in a certain time frame. Life doesn’t always work this way. I need to renew my sense of faith/confidence and trust that good things are coming as long as I stick to my path. Feeling focused and motivated again today.

Cycle 5 starts tonight.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-12-2021

I just finished another cycle and I’m having incredible clarity right now. I did a high intensity workout on my elliptical for about 12 minutes while listening then drank some herbal tea. No not the kind a lot of you are thinking of, that wouldn’t help support my goals. After this I still had a lot of time left on my loop so I started reading a book. Every time I read while listening to OF V3 it is an amazing experience. I’m able to read and comprehend things better than normal. Which is completely different than most subs. Especially really heavy ones like AM 5G. Anyways a certain chapter hit me really hard, one specific section from this chapter:

“You see, there is an aspect of the problems in our lives that we often overlook. Sometimes when we can’t fix an issue in our lives it’s because there is something else going on. At times we can’t solve our problems no matter what we do because we’re getting such a pay-off from them that deep down we don’t really want to solve them”

People don’t actually want to change their bad programming because they’re finding reward in it. I was browsing the forum somewhat recently and saw Shannon give a member some pretty tough love. I don’t remember who it was off the top of my head but basically Shannon believed that he wasn’t getting better because he wanted the attention and sympathy from failing.

It hit me pretty hard when I read this. I don’t think that is the same problem that I’m experiencing. If anything I don’t want anyone to know if I’m not doing well. However, it made me question if I actually want to get better or if I keep running subs just to quiet the voice telling me I need to do better.

Subliminal usage has been a huge part of my self-development. It helped me to get a girlfriend, a better job, go back to school, finish my degree, get my own condo and achieve a net worth of over 100K with half of that being liquid in my early thirties. I got to a place that was really great and rewarding then everything seemed like it started following apart the last couple of years. I had the mind set that I had arrived at my goals. However, now I’m in a rut. I need to set new goals so I can continue to grow and progress, as life is just getting started and there is so much more to do. I think it is time to make some major life changes to get out of this funk that I have been in.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - RTBoss - 08-12-2021

Sounds like you're doing great, Tao! Keep up the good work. We all get in ruts. It's attitudes like yours that will enable you to grow more, despite them. If you're at a low, just think about how much higher you will go! Exciting times.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-12-2021

(08-12-2021, 06:37 AM)RTBoss Wrote: Sounds like you're doing great, Tao!  Keep up the good work.  We all get in ruts.  It's attitudes like yours that will enable you to grow more, despite them.  If you're at a low, just think about how much higher you will go!  Exciting times.

Thanks RT, I'm going to do some deep evaluation this weekend.  I think it is time for a career change.  I've been doing the same job for almost 7 years.  I think a new challenge and environment would help a lot.  Time to research what career options are out there and how much training/education is required.  My last two jobs I took out of necessity because I needed a paycheck.  They have both provided me with great opportunity but I'm ready to do something that I want to do.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-23-2021

I've had some ups and downs lately maybe even a bit of resistance but had something interesting happen to me psychologically over the weekend. One of my biggest fears with women is ending up in that dreaded friends zone. This happened to me more times that I would like to admit when I was younger. I think it actually screwed me up pretty bad because some of the girls I really liked and it seemed like I wasn't good enough for them. Anyways a chain of events happened over the weekend that revolved around this idea. I had been talking to this girl on and off for a few weeks and I was getting the hint that she just wanted to be friends. So I was like I’m not going to waste my time, money and energy here. Which makes sense because I wasn’t looking for a friendship. I ignored her for a while but she started messaging me again. I had a few drinks Saturday afternoon/evening then she messaged me asking what I was doing. Anyways I didn’t hold anything back I told her I wasn’t interested in being her friend and that I’m not that guy. She said it was her fault/issues that she was being that way and I think we are going to hang out sometime soon.

However, that is still not the point of this post. I think OF started doing something to me at this point. I got home from my day out and started reflecting on why I get so angry when women just want to be friends. At the end of the day they are just people. I think a combination of society, my friends and my family have created a belief system in my head that is no longer useful or needed. At this point I was still having a good day so I decided to call this girl that I used to have a thing with many years ago before I broke it off. She had reached out to me a few months ago saying she wanted to be friends and we should hang out. She is married now with seven kids. Not something that seemed to have much value or interest to me when she contacted me but Saturday was different. She wanted me to come over when I called and I went over to her house and we spend a couple hours catching up. I had no interest in having sex with her nor did I feel like I needed to. This was very strange for me it was like a certain pressure was gone and it felt liberating. It’s hard to put into words the experience and realizations that seemed to be going through my head that night but I knew it was a result of OF. Something seemed to change deep down in me and I strongly believe I’m going to have better and more successful relationships in the future.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Tao374 - 08-24-2021

Another observation that I've had over the last few weeks. I'm unable to sleep on my side anymore. I have slept that way for most of my life but it just isn't comfortable now. The only position my mind relaxes enough to fall asleep now is flat on my back. There was a time during the heart of my AM run that I recall sleeping on my back a decent amount. It was almost like something was trying to force me to be more confident and dominant. However, this is different. It just seems like how I need to lay and sleep.

RE: A New Way of Being - OF V3 5.75G - Kol - 08-24-2021

Same here #backgang. My theory is that sleeping on the side is defensive and laying on the back is fearlessly being ready and welcoming adversary.