Subliminal Talk

Full Version: newfiechic's sporadic USLM3 journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I could honestly write a novel right now but what my starting point was but I am going to be brief...yes, it will still be very long LOL. I had came to the forum seeking help on what sub to get for phobias (I was in a very dark place, feeling hopeless, and had suicidal thoughts because of my fear limitations) and Shannon recommended USLM3. So I purchased it.

I'm on my 13th day of the sub so far and I'm not really someone who does much journaling, but the changes I have been making so far have gotten me really excited.

The first week was a little rough. I started the first 2 days on Hybrid and felt so irritable and anxious. I thought it was too much so on my third day I switched to Masked and in the middle of listening I had a full-blown panic attack...which never happens at home. I am agoraphobic and normally anything that causes panic for me will be avoided, potentially forever Smile but after 3 or so minutes of calming down I popped the earbuds back in and finished, since I will never get anywhere by quitting. I had asked Shannon about it and he recommended US at night and I agreed, but didn't listen Smile

So since then I have been things have been getting better. Previously, anxiety pills would not help me at all. They'd make me drowsy, but I'd still be avoidant due to fear of "what if" the pills wore off, etc. I had (still three more to go!) 5 appointments coming up that I had been avoiding so out of the blue I got the idea to try the pills as a test run. Well...I felt so good that I went places, including to my therapist/mental health worker who I've never met before (my husband had always been the one to deal with her...yes, I was THAT bad). When I went to the mental health clinic it was like she had seen a ghost...she hadn't even known what I looked like. Although I was on medication and had a few twinges of nervousness, I felt good.

I've also went to the dentist and had no fear at all...that is probably one of the scariest places for me since I can't "escape" easily if I panic...and i fear vomiting in the chair (I also have emetophobia). Again, yes, I was on meds but I had no fear.

Now, yesterday has been one of the biggest deals for me...my son had a cadet biathlon tournament. In the 6 years he has competed, I have never gone to one due to fear. I went yesterday and watched my boy run outside and talked with other parents and cadets. I then went inside for the awards ceremony (this is a big one for me. I panic in crowds and there was no place to sit if I felt bad). I still felt anxious and like I wanted to leave but I allowed myself to stay with it. I watched him get his bronze medal and watched his team get gold. I joked that I should have gotten a medal too! Lol

As for the luck part...I don't know if the sub can affect luck in the lives of others in my family who are not listening to the sub...but my son was selected to go to Chile with the cadets. It was impossible. The stipulations were that he couldn't have gone on a international or national trip previously...and he just did a national in Alberta in September. He shouldn't have been picked and he was....oh...and I did go to the cadet center to find out about that too Smile

So....so far things have been AMAZING. Yes, I am still using meds as a crutch...but previously I couldn't even think to do that. My husband has been amazed at the changes in me...I am bolder and speak my mind more. This has only been 2 weeks. I still plan on going to counselling/therapy as I think it will help while I continue to do subs. I have had a lot of trauma since I was 5. Plus the sessions allow me to further test my ability to go places. I am going to continue to take the medications until all my appointments are done (all done by December 5th) because I want to get everything done and stop avoiding.

I will continue to update every now and again as things happen. As I said, I'm not much for journaling but I do like to make an update when big changes happen, and I expect more of them! Heart
Wow, awesome to see the results you're getting. I look forward to reading more as you use it over time.
Thank you for starting a journal. Your journey is going to be one of the more important ones for me to observe to know how FRM works for people with extreme fears.

One thing... you seem to have accepted the label of the condition as being a part of you. These phobias you had, you will not likely have for very much longer. So whenever you find yourself saying, for instance, "I also have emetophobia", or "I panic in crowds and there was no place to sit if I felt bad", remember that while that may have been true in the past, you are transitioning to a reality now in which that is what was, not what is now and will be.

It will take some time yet to solidify the new experience and rebuild your personal identity around it, but it will go much faster and more easily if you keep that in mind. YOU are free to experience whatever YOU CHOOSE to experience, and the past does not define you because you can make changes to yourself, and those changes can be comfortable, enjoyable, fun and easy for you.

You just need the right desires, tools, the right support system and the right amount of time.

Thank you so much for choosing to try USLM3, this has been just as important for all of us as it has been for you. Even if the rest of my customers don't realize it, your help in learning how well FRM works with extremes of fear is making it possible for me to take much bigger strides forward with FRM,which will benefit all of us.

I am pleased beyond words that this program is so helpful to you, and to see that you are starting to be able to live your life now. Can't wait for more good news! Thanks again!
Hello, Mam!

I am a silent reader. And I read ALL journals about USLM. I've been following your progress since this thread...

https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Frequ...headphones-

(I am on day-17 of USLM3, btw)

FRM is a game changer technology (if not THE GAME CHANGER). And your progress is a testament of how powerful it is.

YOU ARE AMAZING!
As someone for whom listening to IML subs has been a significant help in overcoming claustrophobia, I applaud your openness to listening to motivational audio for self-improvement and your drive to overcome your obstacles even if/when they present themselves as threatening, @newfiechic !
I know Sad The labels and self-talk are something I struggle with and I am glad you brought them up so I can notice it more. I usually don't bring them up much when describing myself but I almost felt I needed to in order to put my story out there for a reference point with the journal to show where I started, if that makes sense.

So yesterday I went without taking medication to gauge myself and the fear was noticeable (more seems to be coming up, which I assume is part helping get past it) along with a lot of irritability, but manageable. Mind you, I didn't go anywhere that would really test me. I still feel a lot of fear when I think of going or being in situations that would normally cause fear...but that is okay. I have an ultrasound tomorrow that I normally would have cancelled by now (it was suggested that I cancel by my therapist as she says my body has too much to handle) and it still scares me but I am open to it not being a scary experience. If I have to take anxiety pills, then whatever...I know I am changing in the long-term regardless at a pace that is right for me.

I'm a little worried of "doing it wrong" sometimes...but I'm doing my best and listening and changes are happening. Today is the last day before another 2 day break. Thumbsup

(11-26-2018, 02:40 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for starting a journal. Your journey is going to be one of the more important ones for me to observe to know how FRM works for people with extreme fears.

One thing... you seem to have accepted the label of the condition as being a part of you. These phobias you had, you will not likely have for very much longer. So whenever you find yourself saying, for instance, "I also have emetophobia", or "I panic in crowds and there was no place to sit if I felt bad", remember that while that may have been true in the past, you are transitioning to a reality now in which that is what was, not what is now and will be.

It will take some time yet to solidify the new experience and rebuild your personal identity around it, but it will go much faster and more easily if you keep that in mind. YOU are free to experience whatever YOU CHOOSE to experience, and the past does not define you because you can make changes to yourself, and those changes can be comfortable, enjoyable, fun and easy for you.

You just need the right desires, tools, the right support system and the right amount of time.

Thank you so much for choosing to try USLM3, this has been just as important for all of us as it has been for you. Even if the rest of my customers don't realize it, your help in learning how well FRM works with extremes of fear is making it possible for me to take much bigger strides forward with FRM,which will benefit all of us.

I am pleased beyond words that this program is so helpful to you, and to see that you are starting to be able to live your life now. Can't wait for more good news! Thanks again!
When you take your 2 day break, if things get crazy, don't hesitate to go back and listen to USLM3 anyway if you need to. The first and second breaks are often challenging for people as their fears aren't as fully dealt with as they will eventually be.
(11-27-2018, 12:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]When you take your 2 day break, if things get crazy, don't hesitate to go back and listen to USLM3 anyway if you need to. The first and second breaks are often challenging for people as their fears aren't as fully dealt with as they will eventually be.

This will be my second 2 day break and I had no issue last time. It was actually a bit of a relief. If I do go back and listen, do I do the full 5 loops?
(11-27-2018, 01:36 PM)newfiechic Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2018, 12:58 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]When you take your 2 day break, if things get crazy, don't hesitate to go back and listen to USLM3 anyway if you need to. The first and second breaks are often challenging for people as their fears aren't as fully dealt with as they will eventually be.

This will be my second 2 day break and I had no issue last time. It was actually a bit of a relief. If I do go back and listen, do I do the full 5 loops?

If you didn't have trouble the first time, it won't be necessary to do that this time. You can disregard that, in that case. But had it been necessary, yes, you would have done the full 5 loops.
I had my first dream since using USLM3 that I can recall last night.

In my dream, I found out that I was pregnant with a little girl. I think this is significant because it was something I really wanted in my life before a lot of the fears surfaced and worsened. I'm 38 now with two teenage boys, so while I do have a lot of anger, shame, and grief for not trying for a little girl...I am not about to start trying now, haha. In my dream, I was very happy that I was pregnant and there was no fear....just excitement, which was very nice. It think it is more evidence that things are changing.
Once you're free of the fears, there is still time to try again if you want to.
Been a while since I posted. I had been using hybrid as I thought that was what was best for me but I wasn't noticing anything after around the second week...which I wasn't sure if changes were being made or not. Other than pushing myself to face fears, I didn't feel like I was addressing much. I felt like I hit a brick wall. I decided to try the masked again. I had panicked during my first listen but thought it was from the usage of the first 2 days with hybrid.

Since being back on the masked, I have been in panic mode non-stop. I even ended up at the ER because I've never experienced anything like this. So now I am at a place where I am trying to make the best decision for my continued use. Do I continue with masked to see if this gets overcome, do I switch back to hybrid and see if eventually some changes will get made, or do I try ultrasonic at night (I have yet to try it, but I was worried that my getting up in the night to pee, etc would be an issue)? It is really hard to deal with, especially now during the holidays. I've been allowing myself to sit with the feelings in hopes that not resisting them clears them...but I then I wonder if I am really allowing it or am I just coping? Lots to experiment with, for sure.
I had the feeling your absence meant you were having some troubles. Glad you're back, because when you're reporting, I can assist.

Whenever you use Masked, you have panic, and that is for two reasons:

1. Masked reaches much more deeply into you than ultrasonic, and it is likely that the key to all this resides in your deep subconscious, concerning one or more things that happened to you when you were very young.
2. Masked is a very low volume approach meaning that in some cases, it may not have sufficient impact to do what it's trying to do.

It appears that Masked isn't strong enough to help with making the resulting fear based reactions comfortable. The hybrid was hitting you with masked and ultrasonic at the sale time. Ultrasonic is much louder, which the subconscious interprets as a motivating factor, urgency. The louder it is, the more likely it is to motivate your subconscious to act.

So with hybrid, you're getting the deep subconscious and the less deep subconscious at the same time, and the parts of the script designed to make the process easy are being executed. It seems that there isn't enough power in Masked format for you on the comfort scripting with Masked.

I suggest you try a course of ultrasonic only for a week and see what happens. I think most likely you'll end up settling on ultrasonic or hybrid.

If you have bad reactions, that means something is wrong. Don't try to push through it alone, come here and ask for suggestions and help. You shouldn't have had to go to the ER.

When you're using the ultrasonic, remember to calibrate the volume. You should be able to hear the lowest of the lows on ocean surf, and the highest points shouldn't be too loud to comfortably listen to. That's the maximum volume, which you should experiment with unless it's bothering you in ultrasonic format, in which case you can lower it a bit.

Remember, the goal is to make this easy, not ER trips! Smile
Yay! Thank you Shannon. I'm so glad that you take the time to answer because I probably would keep on keeping on with that masked. The ER trip I didn't mind because I didn't know for sure it was anxiety and panic...it manifested in many different physical ways and it scared me. It really makes you stop and think about how the mind can affect the body.

I tried the subliminal on ultrasonic last night. I had of anxiety about that because it was my first time I wanted to make sure I did it right. Everything seems to have gone fine. I am much better today compared to the days with mask. Now to see how I feel after a week or so with it.
Pages: 1 2