Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Body Building - Spiral's Journal ongoing (Slow Connection warning: Large Images)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As some of you know there has been a Body Building subliminal in the works for quite some time. I don't have any final information but the subliminal is ready to be made. The program that goes along side the subliminal is still being ironed out, however. I'm here to post my progress so far using what exists of this "program". My trainer and brains behind the program is the co-owner of IML, Andrew, and he's been guiding me along on this journey from the beginning. I'm going to post some progress pictures.

This is where it all started at the end of October 2013 AFTER 3 months of a dirty bulk using my limited knowledge of what existed of the program.

212 lbs - Stomach relaxed

[Image: 212%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 212%20cropped%2002.jpg]

Following are pictures during and after my first cut.
173 lbs, arms I think were 13 1/4", stomach flexed – middle of January 2014

[Image: 173%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 173%20cropped%2002.jpg]

165 lbs, calves probably around 13 1/2", stomach flexed – end of January 2014

[Image: 165%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 165%20cropped%2002.jpg]

The beginning of February is when I began training with Andrew personally. You'll see a drastic improvement on results from here on out because I had direct help with diet and form. Before starting my first bulk my arms were about 13” flexed; maybe a little more.
Here are some pictures after my second bulk

188 lbs – stomach flexed, arms at 14 1/4”, calves at 13 ¼”; nearing end of March 2013

[Image: 188%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 188%20cropped%2002.jpg]

…after an 11 day intense cutting session (3 hrs cardio a day average)

178 lbs – stomach flexed, arms and calves the same measurements; beginning of April

[Image: 178%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 178%20cropped%2002.jpg]

Here I am 4 weeks later sitting at 206 lbs about 15% body fat with 15 ½ “ arms, calves at 15 ¾ “; arms and stomach flexed (more pictures coming soon)

[Image: 206%20cropped%2001.jpg][Image: 206%20cropped%2002.jpg]

I'll add a full body shot tomorrow so everyone can have a better idea of what I look like from the front.

Andrew has advised me to go on another intense cutting session when I hit 212 lbs for about 10-14 days however I’ve decided to keep bulking for another 4-6 weeks. I just have to be much cleaner than I have been on this bulking cycle. We'll see how this goes and I'll post my finished progress before I go on a cutting Rampage!

I won’t be using the subliminal because I'm running BAMM (Become a Multi-Millionaire) but as you can tell the program that Andrew has been working on the last several years is good enough for serious progress for the serious individual. I can’t imagine right now what the program and the subliminal together can do for a bodybuilder.
Nice work.

Just to clarify, I don't advocate large bulking or cutting phases. The first bulk/cut he did was without my supervision using traditional bulking/cutting methods. He's been training under my direct supervision applying the program best he can for the last 3 months (from 165lb to 206lb)

I prescribe 4-6 weeks of bulking (dictated by body fat levels) followed by 10-14 day cuts. Never more than 2 week cuts, too much muscle loss. Bulks can't be too long either, putting on too much fat will cause estrogen to skyrocket among other drawbacks and gains to become stagnant.

I told him to start cutting now as his bodyfat levels are at roughly 15% (or greater) but he has decided to keep going against my advice as he's hitting PR's everywhere. I don't blame him. I remember how excited I was when I started benching 200 for reps...you're about there right?
Awesome man, big difference between the first and last photos. Smile

I was hoping you were using the bodybuilding subliminal, as I am curious about it. It's one i'd like to use, especially when it's upgraded.

-Ben
(05-04-2014, 03:42 PM)Benjamin Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome man, big difference between the first and last photos. Smile

I was hoping you were using the bodybuilding subliminal, as I am curious about it. It's one i'd like to use, especially when it's upgraded.

-Ben

Everything that's in it, is directly related to the workouts and everything I've taught him on lifting. Expect those kind of results, but more, and to have less mental barriers during the process Smile
I'm benching 185 right now for 12 reps. I expect to hit 15+ reps on Thursday when I hit Chest again.

those PR's have been too good to me lol... Personal Records if some of you havn't figured that out.
Hey bud, your results are looking good, keep up the good work.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm saying this for accuracy sake, but you're looking closer to 20% body fat in the last pic, not 15%. You're more like 15 in the 178lbs pic. If you got the 15% from an electronic body fat scale, I wouldn't trust it, those things have are largely inaccurate.
This website has a great pic showing what people look like at different body fat http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body...men-women/

Of course numbers don't really matter, but its always good to be realistic about where we are at Smile
(05-05-2014, 10:24 AM)robstar Wrote: [ -> ]Hey bud, your results are looking good, keep up the good work.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm saying this for accuracy sake, but you're looking closer to 20% body fat in the last pic, not 15%. You're more like 15 in the 178lbs pic. If you got the 15% from an electronic body fat scale, I wouldn't trust it, those things have are largely inaccurate.
This website has a great pic showing what people look like at different body fat http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body...men-women/

Of course numbers don't really matter, but its always good to be realistic about where we are at Smile

He's using averaged caliper measurements. I happen to know he stores all his fat in typical caucasian places as well- stomach, handles, nipples. I would agree he appears to be at 20.
[Image: cropped.jpg]

Here's another picture from the front angle I took today at about 205 pounds.

I hope to have some lats by the end of summer Tongue
So, Andrew made it perfectly clear to me to start cutting 2.5 weeks ago. Wow that went by quick. And it also doesn't take long to !$#@ up your diet. I did when I went back home to Texas for a short vacation. I watched the calories but I was still getting too many and I didn't feel like making a minor adjustment. Also missed one workout. I stopped caring and just ended up wasting my own time.

I've been cutting now for 4 days. About 2 hours of swimming every other day (sometimes more), and lots of cycling and walking on the in-between swim days. Did some yoga too which burned some calories. I weighed about 208 when I started cutting.. I think I lost some water weight and put on some fat. 2 days ago I weighed in at 201 pounds and here are some pics:

[Image: cropped01.jpg][Image: cropped02.jpg]

I'm very disappointed in myself because I've been pushing myself away from my goals as well as other opportunities with body building like training others or competing. But it's all part of the process I guess. Some of us have to learn the hard way.

I've restricted my calorie intake to about 1200-1500 calories a day (trying to keep it around 1200). I got about 2000 yesterday unknowingly so that pushed me back some. I have 6 more days to cut so I don't lose any mass and have been taking in as much protein as I possibly can (avg 140g /day). Anyways, it's time to do some cycling.

By the way, I used to hate cardio but now I know it's part of the process and I've started enjoying it some. I think that's interesting.
Yesterday was my last day of cutting! I went from 208 pounds to 190 in 12 days. My size shrunk way too much though. I think I could have prevented it since 4 of the days I didn't get the protein I needed. But I'm skeptical and thinking that my protein intake just needs to be higher in general. Next time I cut I'm going to go for 160-170 g of protein each day to see if that helps maintain size.

On my lifts today I stayed at the same weight and matched some of my rep numbers. However, I only reached 50% of where I left off on bench last time benching 7 reps. Thanks, Andrew who was there to spot me for my next 10 assisted and 2 negatives.

I definitely recommend to you guys when going to failure always have a spotter. And to get some really good gains through some negatives in there. Smile

So Body Fat percentage is 12.5%. I'm going to stay between 12.5-13% until my rep ranges are back to where they were then cut for another 10 days hopefully getting down to about 10% or even 8%. I'm going to have to watch the calories like a hawk and maybe up my cardio time. I don't know.

Here are some pictures:
[Image: cropped06.jpg][Image: cropped05.jpg][Image: cropped04.jpg][Image: cropped03.jpg]

My calves are 15" and so are my arms. Only flexing abs in these pictures. And pecs in one of them I think. My goal by august is to be benching 225!
I aim for 200g protein minimum every day, whether 'cutting' or not. It's not easy!

How are you calculating body fat percentage? I have tried two different body fat scales and they both put me at 17-20%, which is just untrue. If yours is accurate, then I am probably at 10%. I think that my fat bum is tricking the electrical pulse it sends out.
I'm using decent quality body fat calipers.
4th Cut of 2014

197 lbs, 15.5" arms, 13% body fat

[Image: cropped2.jpg][Image: cropped1.jpg]

I'm enjoying my progress. I bulked for about 3 weeks and am cutting again. Probably have another cut ahead of me in about 6 weeks. The plan is to get down to real low body fat percentage. I'm considering 6% so I can go for a much longer bulk and I'm not going to bulk past 10% body fat. So, I will go as low as I can and I probably can get pretty close on this cut. We'll see. My protein intake is 170 g and my calories are set at 1400. Not going to do any cardio. Only time I'm actually doing "cardio" is in the morning for about an hour and that includes very low intensity. Its sole purpose is to suppress my hunger. I have a good bit of muscle now that it can use my fat stores as food. As long as I get my protein I'll be good. I have 10 more days to go on the cut. Today is my second day. Guys, short cuts are the way to go. Only took me 2 to get over my food cravings. I don't miss much anymore and am happy to be eating lots of veggies, tuna, chicken, yogurt, rice and whatever else is ideal for cutting. I HATE PIZZA! Smile
Awesome man, I even see a big difference from the last photos and that was only like 3 weeks ago. Smile

I know nothing about cutting and bulking, I guess i've technically been cutting all the time so far until I get to 90kg. But i'm a little worried about eating more after putting all this effort into eating less, so it will be a challenge for me.

-Ben
Pages: 1 2