Subliminal Talk

Full Version: PAYMENT OPTIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We're well on our way to implementing accounts again, and increasing payment options. Here's a list of definite, and maybe payment gateways. If you've got any suggestions, we're all ears. We'd like to minimize PayPal transactions long-term as PayPal has little to no seller protection and puts us at considerable risk.

Definite Future Gateways:

Amazon Simple Pay
Google Checkout
Dwolla
PayPal
(We hope to minimize and possibly eliminate PayPal)

Possible Gateways:

Stripe
Braintree

Thank you!
Hey Andrew.
Nice to see things progressing smoothly on the new store.

But I would like to request that you don't remove paypal. I know there are some risks to it and I know not about any problem you might have with it's workings. But it's one of the most popular payment options and widely used worldwide.
Hope we can find a midterm to help you feel safe and us, paypal users can still be able to use it.
Right, eliminating it may not be realistic. What we'll probably do is disallow PayPal for any purchases over a certain dollar amount we feel is high risk. We'll see as we go. We definitely will be discouraging it.

(01-24-2013, 07:37 AM)Lkawakita Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Andrew.
Nice to see things progressing smoothly on the new store.

But I would like to request that you don't remove paypal. I know there are some risks to it and I know not about any problem you might have with it's workings. But it's one of the most popular payment options and widely used worldwide.
Hope we can find a midterm to help you feel safe and us, paypal users can still be able to use it.
I like Google Checkout, good to know it will be available in the new site. Smile

How about 'Bank Transfers' I think it's pretty safe?

I'd rather use bank transfers instead of credit card payment..
I signed up to Dwolla only to find its USA only. Google Checkout is blocked in China. Is Amazon Simple Pay available internationally?

At the moment I still need PayPal.
Please don't drop paypal!
Lol. We are having a "save paypal" movement here Andrew.
Dropping it may cause riots, strikes, terrorist attacks, earthquakes, mass murders, tornados, plagues, extinction of polar bears, another bad Matrix sequel and Femmen's protests (although the last one may be nice to have).
HAHAHA
don't eliminate pay pal in the future.please.
I'm sure that established customers will be able to use PayPal because it's all about risk.

Because the risk lies in the lack of seller protection, and there's a relationship already, the risk is mitigated by that relationship.
Haha ladies and gents...although it would be NICE, it's a very very low chance we'd eliminate it and it'd largely be based off sales figures if we can convert most the user base over to the other systems.

Reality will probably be that anything over roughly $200 will not be allowed on PayPal except to established customers as Sean mentioned and the fact that we'd have to set up special codes for people who can't use anything else and want to spend more than that dollar amount should be significant deterrent.

Now, I haven't discussed the dollar amount with Shannon so $200 is around where I'd like to see it.
I've talked with Shannon a bit and we are thinking somewhere around $300 would be the limit for PayPal. We'll decide in the next few weeks, and the restriction will be implemented gradually.
Thanks Andrew. Also extend my thanks to Shannon. You both saved the world and avoided apaypalcalypse.

We just went trhu 21 december and outlived the Mayan prophecy.
We won't survive another bad Matrix sequel.
If it was a good matrix sequel that would be better! Smile

The first one is one of my favourite movies along with Fight Club.

-Ben
Pages: 1 2 3