Subliminal Talk

Full Version: Appetite Suppressant - AS5.75
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi All,

Beginning a log for Appetite Suppressant 5.75.

My wife has asked for help with losing about 10 lbs or so. We have tried other weight loss subs from other vendors, but none had any effect. So I suggested we try this one.

About us:
We're currently in our mid 60s (year 2020)
Exercise daily 
My wife once in the past allowed her weight to creep up to about 165+ though she is only 5'4". She was able to bring it back down to about 135 and keep it there for a couple years, but it is now creeping back up and she wants to nip it in the bud.

In the past, we used calorie counting (I say 'we' because I join her in whatever disciplines she is following for ease of cooking, scheduling, etc.) and had tremendous success using the app 'My Fitness Pal'. She still uses it, but it is no longer 'working'.

We're sexually active together several times a week, and have a fairly active and busy lifestyle in general.

We eat healthy and have currently been very content with the results of a higher healthy fat, lower carb diet. This has worked marvelously for me, I have mostly kept my weight in the range I desire for a decade, which is 191 plus or minus 8 pounds. I'm 6'2" and the last time that I weighed over 200 was over a decade ago. I did it intentionally because I was seeking to pack on muscle.

Our eating habits include dinner together every evening, but we only enjoy a breakfast on Saturday. Only have lunch/brunch on Sunday. Breakfast would be a cup of "Bulletproof Coffee" often with some collagen protein. I will have an occasional protein shake to keep my protein intake up. Thanks to the Bulletproof Coffee and higher fat diet, I no longer have sugar cravings and I do not get hungry very often.

My wife has cravings for nuts, especially salty. Other than that she's not much of a muncher.

So tonight I'll begin playing the App Supp sub. But before I do, I wanted to ask Shannon (or Ben or someone with experience with this sub):
1) Since I'll be playing this at night, I will be hearing it as well as my wife. I am at what I consider my ideal weight, what effects would I expect to see from this sub? 
2) Should I try to have her listen to it in her office at her computer, etc. rather than at night so that I won't be exposed?
3) If there would be ill effects for me, how would they manifest?
4) Is there a chance that the sub would want my ideal weight calculation to be greater than 195lbs? (I'm 6'2")

Thanks!

Rono
(07-13-2020, 10:09 AM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Beginning a log for Appetite Suppressant 5.75.

My wife has asked for help with losing about 10 lbs or so. We have tried other weight loss subs from other vendors, but none had any effect. So I suggested we try this one.

About us:
We're currently in our mid 60s (year 2020)
Exercise daily 
My wife once in the past allowed her weight to creep up to about 165+ though she is only 5'4". She was able to bring it back down to about 135 and keep it there for a couple years, but it is now creeping back up and she wants to nip it in the bud.

In the past, we used calorie counting (I say 'we' because I join her in whatever disciplines she is following for ease of cooking, scheduling, etc.) and had tremendous success using the app 'My Fitness Pal'. She still uses it, but it is no longer 'working'.

We're sexually active together several times a week, and have a fairly active and busy lifestyle in general.

We eat healthy and have currently been very content with the results of a higher healthy fat, lower carb diet. This has worked marvelously for me, I have mostly kept my weight in the range I desire for a decade, which is 191 plus or minus 8 pounds. I'm 6'2" and the last time that I weighed over 200 was over a decade ago. I did it intentionally because I was seeking to pack on muscle.

Our eating habits include dinner together every evening, but we only enjoy a breakfast on Saturday. Only have lunch/brunch on Sunday. Breakfast would be a cup of "Bulletproof Coffee" often with some collagen protein. I will have an occasional protein shake to keep my protein intake up. Thanks to the Bulletproof Coffee and higher fat diet, I no longer have sugar cravings and I do not get hungry very often.

My wife has cravings for nuts, especially salty. Other than that she's not much of a muncher.

So tonight I'll begin playing the App Supp sub. But before I do, I wanted to ask Shannon (or Ben or someone with experience with this sub):
1) Since I'll be playing this at night, I will be hearing it as well as my wife. I am at what I consider my ideal weight, what effects would I expect to see from this sub? 
2) Should I try to have her listen to it in her office at her computer, etc. rather than at night so that I won't be exposed?
3) If there would be ill effects for me, how would they manifest?
4) Is there a chance that the sub would want my ideal weight calculation to be greater than 195lbs? (I'm 6'2")

Thanks!

Rono

Answers below.

Quote:1) Since I'll be playing this at night, I will be hearing it as well as my wife. I am at what I consider my ideal weight, what effects would I expect to see from this sub? 

You should expect to discover whether you are actually at your ideal weight nor not.  If you are not, you'll start adjusting your appetite to lose weight.  Unless you somehow successfully reverse resist.  If you really are at your ideal weight, the sub should produce little to no effect on how much you eat.

Quote:2) Should I try to have her listen to it in her office at her computer, etc. rather than at night so that I won't be exposed?

Only if you think you'd rather play something else while she is using it... otherwise, just play it at night and see how it affects you.

Quote:3) If there would be ill effects for me, how would they manifest?

There should be no ill effects.  The only possible negative effect you can have (that I can think of) should be reverse resistance.  Reverse resistance isn't something a lot of people experience, and almost never will someone experience it on weight loss unless they have been seriously traumatized emotionally and they associate food with security.

Quote:4) Is there a chance that the sub would want my ideal weight calculation to be greater than 195lbs? (I'm 6'2")

The algorithm I use is a secret because not only of trade secret, but because American (United Statesian?) culture strongly tends to distort what is and is not reasonable when it comes to things like this.  I prefer not to answer questions like this for that reason because it can influence responses and results.  Expectations and preconceived notions and all that.  The algorithm seeks your ideal weight, and it is highly accurate unless you're a child under ~16, pregnant or an active athelete.
Hi All, 

So it's Day 4 of the rest period following the 2nd cycle of AS5.75. Iow we're about 20 days in depending how you count.

We have been listening at night following the prescribed protocol. I put the speaker on my wife's side of the bed and turn it down lower than I did on DMSI, etc. bec I was not interested in it affecting me. Apparently, it still has. Without trying or noticing changes in habits (though I'm sure there are some subtle ones) I'm down a bit.

I've clearly lost weight but only a couple pounds. Mind you, I was happy with my weight where it was, so I'm not thrilled, but also not afraid. I've gotten down to 187 and still felt ok, I just prefer being between 190 and 195 and I've now dropped to the low end of that after having been slightly above, but not unhappily so.

Now about my wife. I got this for her at her request and she does not yet appear to be responding. I haven't noticed any changes in behavior, in fact, a couple old bad habits have sneaked back in (e.g. munching nuts and not putting them into her 'myfitnesspal' app on her phone).

I'm not trying to resist and am consciously open to the positive effects the sub could have, as is she. But I'm responding quickly and she is not. No sign on the scale, nor in her measurements (we take these weekly at her request--she is very fitness conscious, just not good at appetite control). She has continued to workout faithfully in spite of a couple minor injuries that have caused her a little pain.

Any thoughts? The first thing that occurs to me, is that maybe she's not getting enough exposure in the 4 days on 7 days off pattern. Like her subconscious is so distracted by life it 'deletes' it in the first day or so. Would it be advisable to give her a 'booster' exposure on her computer during the day? Just one or two loops for a couple days in the rest periods?

She really wants this to work, as do I, she doesn't want to go back to where she was, but her new lifestyle that worked for a couple years, is no longer keeping her weight down, rather allowing it to creep back up. This pattern has continued so far on the sub.

Also, I finally asked her what the weight diff is that represents what she thinks is her ideal weight and it is a minimum of 15 pounds below where she currently is (almost 150 at 5'4") whereas I thought originally it was only 10lbs. Her clothes are starting to be too tight to zip all the way up, etc. At her activity level, exercising almost every day, that seems high, so I don't think the algorithm is going to be happy with that. If it is, then she'll be very disappointed with the expense and the effort.

Is there anything I can have her do to 'work with the sub'? Thoughts, affirmations, etc. to help her get over any resistance there might be, albeit hidden?

Also, in the interest of the scientific method: have you noticed that some people respond better when listening during the day rather than at night? Just a thought.

Looking forward to Shannon's feedback
(07-30-2020, 02:48 PM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All, 

So it's Day 4 of the rest period following the 2nd cycle of AS5.75. Iow we're about 20 days in depending how you count.

We have been listening at night following the prescribed protocol. I put the speaker on my wife's side of the bed and turn it down lower than I did on DMSI, etc. bec I was not interested in it affecting me. Apparently, it still has. Without trying or noticing changes in habits (though I'm sure there are some subtle ones) I'm down a bit.

I've clearly lost weight but only a couple pounds. Mind you, I was happy with my weight where it was, so I'm not thrilled, but also not afraid. I've gotten down to 187 and still felt ok, I just prefer being between 190 and 195 and I've now dropped to the low end of that after having been slightly above, but not unhappily so.

Now about my wife. I got this for her at her request and she does not yet appear to be responding. I haven't noticed any changes in behavior, in fact, a couple old bad habits have sneaked back in (e.g. munching nuts and not putting them into her 'myfitnesspal' app on her phone).

I'm not trying to resist and am consciously open to the positive effects the sub could have, as is she. But I'm responding quickly and she is not. No sign on the scale, nor in her measurements (we take these weekly at her request--she is very fitness conscious, just not good at appetite control). She has continued to workout faithfully in spite of a couple minor injuries that have caused her a little pain.

Any thoughts? The first thing that occurs to me, is that maybe she's not getting enough exposure in the 4 days on 7 days off pattern. Like her subconscious is so distracted by life it 'deletes' it in the first day or so. Would it be advisable to give her a 'booster' exposure on her computer during the day? Just one or two loops for a couple days in the rest periods?

She really wants this to work, as do I, she doesn't want to go back to where she was, but her new lifestyle that worked for a couple years, is no longer keeping her weight down, rather allowing it to creep back up. This pattern has continued so far on the sub.

Also, I finally asked her what the weight diff is that represents what she thinks is her ideal weight and it is a minimum of 15 pounds below where she currently is (almost 150 at 5'4") whereas I thought originally it was only 10lbs. Her clothes are starting to be too tight to zip all the way up, etc. At her activity level, exercising almost every day, that seems high, so I don't think the algorithm is going to be happy with that. If it is, then she'll be very disappointed with the expense and the effort.

Is there anything I can have her do to 'work with the sub'? Thoughts, affirmations, etc. to help her get over any resistance there might be, albeit hidden?

Also, in the interest of the scientific method: have you noticed that some people respond better when listening during the day rather than at night? Just a thought.

The issue your wife is having is that you don't want it to affect you.  By that I mean, you lowered the volume, and the volume you're using is too low, given her resistance response.  For resistant personality types, the required volumes tend to be relatively high.  This is why I use 13/15 on my cell phone; not because I need it, necessarily, but because GF needs it.  She is a very strong willed individual who "don't tell ME what to do!  I do what I want!"s her way through life, much to her own resulting dismay.  

The program should work for her when you play it at that level of volume in ultrasonic format.  

You are used to your current weight, and if it is not your actual ideal weight - and you're not a body builder or athelete - you're going to lose weight and have to realize that your perception of your ideal weight is likely to be off. Your identity may be based on this belief, and it may be helping reciprocally to shape it. Appetite suppressant is designed for use by people who are not atheletes or weight lifers, but the ideal weight it calculates is very accurate for the vast majority of the rest - provided they are 16 or older. 

Most Americans have a very skewed perception of what their "ideal weight" is, and it's usually much too high. This happens because the society caters to whomever has the money to spend, and over time, has resulted in things like clothing sizes changing but the size rating staying the same; a "size 9" from 1980 is not the same as a "size 9" from today, for example, and this is one of the things my GF complains about because she resells vintage clothes sometimes, and the sizing is completely different.  So it seems possible that your self perception is that your ideal weight is higher than it really is.  And if you run this program at the volume settings that your wife will respond to, you're going to find out what your real ideal weight is - and hers. Smile  

As for days on to days off, what I suggest you do is this.  Play it at the 13/15 equivalent volume and go through a couple ASRB2 cycles.  Note how she responds during the days off.  In most cases, I see that the first day off is a ramp up, day 2, possibly 3 are peak execution days, and day 3 or 4 starts the fade out.  If she stops executing on day 3 or 4, then make the days off that minus 1.  Setting the volume and the days off correctly will give you optimal results.  Usually when the days off come out like that in the models, it basically means, "There is too much variance for me to be able to answer for everyone, so use this and then have them adjust as necessary for their own optimal results."
(07-30-2020, 06:13 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2020, 02:48 PM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All, 

The issue your wife is having is that you don't want it to affect you.  By that I mean, you lowered the volume, and the volume you're using is too low, given her resistance response.  For resistant personality types, the required volumes tend to be relatively high.  This is why I use 13/15 on my cell phone; not because I need it, necessarily, but because GF needs it.  She is a very strong willed individual who "don't tell ME what to do!  I do what I want!"s her way through life, much to her own resulting dismay.  

The program should work for her when you play it at that level of volume in ultrasonic format.  

You are used to your current weight, and if it is not your actual ideal weight - and you're not a body builder or athelete - you're going to lose weight and have to realize that your perception of your ideal weight is likely to be off.  Your identity may be based on this belief, and it may be helping reciprocally to shape it.  Appetite suppressant is designed for use by people who are not atheletes or weight lifers, but the ideal weight it calculates is very accurate for the vast majority of the rest - provided they are 16 or older. 

Most Americans have a very skewed perception of what their "ideal weight" is, and it's usually much too high. This happens because the society caters to whomever has the money to spend, and over time, has resulted in things like clothing sizes changing but the size rating staying the same; a "size 9" from 1980 is not the same as a "size 9" from today, for example, and this is one of the things my GF complains about because she resells vintage clothes sometimes, and the sizing is completely different.  So it seems possible that your self perception is that your ideal weight is higher than it really is.  And if you run this program at the volume settings that your wife will respond to, you're going to find out what your real ideal weight is - and hers. Smile  

As for days on to days off, what I suggest you do is this.  Play it at the 13/15 equivalent volume and go through a couple ASRB2 cycles.  Note how she responds during the days off.  In most cases, I see that the first day off is a ramp up, day 2, possibly 3 are peak execution days, and day 3 or 4 starts the fade out.  If she stops executing on day 3 or 4, then make the days off that minus 1.  Setting the volume and the days off correctly will give you optimal results.  Usually when the days off come out like that in the models, it basically means, "There is too much variance for me to be able to answer for everyone, so use this and then have them adjust as necessary for their own optimal results."

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the tips! I will try this. I thought, though, that the critique of american weight perception was that we all want to be 'Barbie and Ken' and tend to think that we should be lighter than we are to the point of obsessing over dieting. So perhaps your program is suggesting to my wife that she should be even lighter than she idealizes... interesting thought. According to 'Medical News Today' her ideal weight for her height is anywhere from 110lbs to 140lbs. She thinks of her ideal weight as 130-135. Perhaps I should suggest that maybe her ideal might be lower to soften her expectations.

I do lift weights, and that is in order to build/maintain muscle as I get into my later years where muscle mass is a key indicator for longevity and quality of life. Is this what you mean by 'lift weights'? I'm certainly not an athlete, but I do lift weights (and fairly heavy for a non-athlete e.g. bench press with dumbells of 75lbs each). I don't want to lose muscle mass/strength.

I will start her today on the louder setting and watch more closely ramp up and plateau, etc. I assume the execution period means she actually would drop weight at that time, correct?

Thanks again!
(07-31-2020, 07:57 AM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the tips! I will try this. I thought, though, that the critique of american weight perception was that we all want to be 'Barbie and Ken' and tend to think that we should be lighter than we are to the point of obsessing over dieting. So perhaps your program is suggesting to my wife that she should be even lighter than she idealizes... interesting thought. According to 'Medical News Today' her ideal weight for her height is anywhere from 110lbs to 140lbs. She thinks of her ideal weight as 130-135. Perhaps I should suggest that maybe her ideal might be lower to soften her expectations.

Over time, the majority of Americans have become overweight and or obese.  There are those who are not, but that tends to be the few with extremely high metabolisms and those who see what's happening to everyone else and are actively working against it.

I'm not speaking to the validity of the "Barbie and Ken" physique, in either direction.  But it is very telling that we as a society only started having issues with this as an acceptable aspiration when the majority were overweight and or obese!

The rest of the world seems to be trying to get fat by adopting our McDonalds and Donuts society.  I wish they would just shut down McDonald's and the like worldwide and let us keep our ridiculous eating habits, but that's a rant for another day.

The majority of Americans look at Barbie and Ken and think it's unrealistic at best, or impossible at worst, because they are overweight and believe overweight is normal because our society caters to whomever has money.  Flattery will get you rich, apparently.

This is why (some) Americans want to lose weight.  There's a very high probability that if you pick one out of a crowd at random, they really are overweight!  Unfortunately, big business has confused those people into endless useless dieting and doing things that won't result in their goal of weight loss.  Going to the gym, I saw two groups of people.  Group A was fit, and they made that their lifestyle.  Group B was "trying to lose weight", was almost never fit, and 9 times out of 10, were prone to work out for 30 to 120 minutes, and then go have fast food.  Dieting, as we Americans have come to understand it through the corporate orgy of weight loss products, means doing bizarre stuff that we really don't want to do, that may affect our weight slightly in the short run, but won't be sustainable.  

When you do it right, there's a big difference between American style "dieting" and having a healthy diet.  It's a habitual, automatic lifestyle choice when it's done right.  You can eat whatever you want, as long as you eat it in the right amounts per portion and eat it in with the right timing.  Chocolate cake is seen by American "dieters" as the Holy Grail.  They dream of it.  They crave it.  Then they give in and "cheat", and "start dieting again" immediately after.  This happens because they think they need to deny themselves.  Not true; they do need to control themselves, though.  About 1/2 to 1/3rd the normal "American sized" serving of chocolate cake, and eaten occasionally, but not frequently, will do it.  You never crave what is plentifully available and which you are enjoying.  But the belief here is, I must suffer to lose weight.  I must deny myself.  I must not have what I want.  I must only eat what I don't like.  That doesn't work - unless you want to gain weight.

Appetite Suppressant 5.75G simply re-shapes your natural appetite to allow you to eat whatever you want, whenever you want, but only eat amounts that result in your ideal weight regardless.  No denial means no craving means no binging, and that means much easier achievement of the goal weight.  The weight falls off, you never "tried" to do anything and you're enjoying what you eat.  Win-win-win.

One thing you should point out to her is that her ideal weight might not be what she consciously assumes it is.  Let go of expectations of what it is, and allow the program to do its thing.  

Quote:I do lift weights, and that is in order to build/maintain muscle as I get into my later years where muscle mass is a key indicator for longevity and quality of life. Is this what you mean by 'lift weights'? I'm certainly not an athlete, but I do lift weights (and fairly heavy for a non-athlete e.g. bench press with dumbells of 75lbs each). I don't want to lose muscle mass/strength.

If you are an athelete or a body builder, your goal is going to be a lot more muscle and less fat, leading to a very different "ideal weight".  For those people, weight alone is not enough metrics.  They also need to consider things like muscle mass and fat percentage.  So Appetite Suppressant is not designed for them right now.  

If you lift weights to maintain a healthy muscle mass, but you're not body building, or trying to follow the body cycle of cutting and then gaining, you don't need to worry about the weight the program will bring you to.  The optimal weight for males 16+ who are not body builders and atheletes takes into account their natural need for more muscle mass than a woman needs to be optimally healthy.

Quote:I will start her today on the louder setting and watch more closely ramp up and plateau, etc. I assume the execution period means she actually would drop weight at that time, correct?

Thanks again!

You may not see her drop weight right away.  What you should observe is either a stronger resistance response (hopefully not) or a stronger adherence to the goals of the program.

What happens during the days off is pure execution, so it should be most pronounced around days 1-2-3 of the rest cycle.  When it starts fading out, start her back on it.

The goal of the program is to result in weight loss that is at the optimal speed for achieving it easily, and maintaining it easily.  Losing too much too fast causes a yoyo effect, and people end up heavier than they started.  We want to see a weight loss of 2-3 pounds a week, ideally.  Once the program is working fully, that will become a normal regular occurrence until you achieve your ideal weight, at which time you will naturally enter maintenance mode by simple virtue of the fact that you've been eating the exact right amount for maintaining that level of weight the whole time, which is why you lost weight in the first place.
(07-31-2020, 10:39 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 07:57 AM)rono Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Shannon,

Over time, the majority of Americans have become overweight and or obese.  There are those who are not, but that tends to be the few with extremely high metabolisms and those who see what's happening to everyone else and are actively working against it.

I'm not speaking to the validity of the "Barbie and Ken" physique, in either direction.  But it is very telling that we as a society only started having issues with this as an acceptable aspiration when the majority were overweight and or obese!

The rest of the world seems to be trying to get fat by adopting our McDonalds and Donuts society.  I wish they would just shut down McDonald's and the like worldwide and let us keep our ridiculous eating habits, but that's a rant for another day.

The majority of Americans look at Barbie and Ken and think it's unrealistic at best, or impossible at worst, because they are overweight and believe overweight is normal because our society caters to whomever has money.  Flattery will get you rich, apparently.

This is why (some) Americans want to lose weight.  There's a very high probability that if you pick one out of a crowd at random, they really are overweight!  Unfortunately, big business has confused those people into endless useless dieting and doing things that won't result in their goal of weight loss.  Going to the gym, I saw two groups of people.  Group A was fit, and they made that their lifestyle.  Group B was "trying to lose weight", was almost never fit, and 9 times out of 10, were prone to work out for 30 to 120 minutes, and then go have fast food.  Dieting, as we Americans have come to understand it through the corporate orgy of weight loss products, means doing bizarre stuff that we really don't want to do, that may affect our weight slightly in the short run, but won't be sustainable.  

When you do it right, there's a big difference between American style "dieting" and having a healthy diet.  It's a habitual, automatic lifestyle choice when it's done right.  You can eat whatever you want, as long as you eat it in the right amounts per portion and eat it in with the right timing.  Chocolate cake is seen by American "dieters" as the Holy Grail.  They dream of it.  They crave it.  Then they give in and "cheat", and "start dieting again" immediately after.  This happens because they think they need to deny themselves.  Not true; they do need to control themselves, though.  About 1/2 to 1/3rd the normal "American sized" serving of chocolate cake, and eaten occasionally, but not frequently, will do it.  You never crave what is plentifully available and which you are enjoying.  But the belief here is, I must suffer to lose weight.  I must deny myself.  I must not have what I want.  I must only eat what I don't like.  That doesn't work - unless you want to gain weight.

Appetite Suppressant 5.75G simply re-shapes your natural appetite to allow you to eat whatever you want, whenever you want, but only eat amounts that result in your ideal weight regardless.  No denial means no craving means no binging, and that means much easier achievement of the goal weight.  The weight falls off, you never "tried" to do anything and you're enjoying what you eat.  Win-win-win.

One thing you should point out to her is that her ideal weight might not be what she consciously assumes it is.  Let go of expectations of what it is, and allow the program to do its thing.  

Quote:I do lift weights, and that is in order to build/maintain muscle as I get into my later years where muscle mass is a key indicator for longevity and quality of life. Is this what you mean by 'lift weights'? I'm certainly not an athlete, but I do lift weights (and fairly heavy for a non-athlete e.g. bench press with dumbells of 75lbs each). I don't want to lose muscle mass/strength.

If you are an athelete or a body builder, your goal is going to be a lot more muscle and less fat, leading to a very different "ideal weight".  For those people, weight alone is not enough metrics.  They also need to consider things like muscle mass and fat percentage.  So Appetite Suppressant is not designed for them right now.  

If you lift weights to maintain a healthy muscle mass, but you're not body building, or trying to follow the body cycle of cutting and then gaining, you don't need to worry about the weight the program will bring you to.  The optimal weight for males 16+ who are not body builders and atheletes takes into account their natural need for more muscle mass than a woman needs to be optimally healthy.

Quote:I will start her today on the louder setting and watch more closely ramp up and plateau, etc. I assume the execution period means she actually would drop weight at that time, correct?

Thanks again!

You may not see her drop weight right away.  What you should observe is either a stronger resistance response (hopefully not) or a stronger adherence to the goals of the program.

What happens during the days off is pure execution, so it should be most pronounced around days 1-2-3 of the rest cycle.  When it starts fading out, start her back on it.

The goal of the program is to result in weight loss that is at the optimal speed for achieving it easily, and maintaining it easily.  Losing too much too fast causes a yoyo effect, and people end up heavier than they started.  We want to see a weight loss of 2-3 pounds a week, ideally.  Once the program is working fully, that will become a normal regular occurrence until you achieve your ideal weight, at which time you will naturally enter maintenance mode by simple virtue of the fact that you've been eating the exact right amount for maintaining that level of weight the whole time, which is why you lost weight in the first place.

Hi Shannon,
Sounds like it should apply perfectly to us.
Neither of us are seriously overweight, my wife is a couple pounds beyond the recommendations for her height, and my ideal is at the top, or just over what is recommended by, at least the 'reputable' medical establishment.

I'm not a body builder, I just want plenty of muscle mass and strength so I can stay healthy and strong into the next couple of decades of life (God willing) and throw the grandkids around in the pool, do my gardening, etc.

My wife distrusts dieting and prefers lifestyle changes. We have had great success for a long time on the Intermittent Fasting sort of pattern which has worked perfectly for me and did for her for several years before her weight gradually crept up at a rate of a couple pounds a year, so it wasn't super noticeable if you weren't watching critically (which I don't).

I don't see any sign of resistance, and I talked to her about the goals of the program in greater detail this morning and she says she's on board with letting the program choose her weight. She said she'd love to go lower than 130lbs but is happy at 135, too, so she seems flexible enough in her expectations.

I do not know for sure, but I suspect part of her issue has been small munching of calories between meals that simply adds up over time. She's mentioned this as a possibility in the past and I've seen a few indications of late, but it may be just that most of it is either unconscious on her part or underground/hidden from me. I assume that the program will address this by helping her be aware of how many calories she's consuming as well as how many she should be consuming.

Personally, I've dropped a couple pounds since the beginning of the program. Depending on how I count (which is a little tricky since I have occasional 'high' days where I may eat two meals and a snack vs. others where I basically only eat dinner.) I have lost as of today between 2 and 5 pounds. A very sane rate, and about what I would have lost in a similar period if I had decided to lose weight intentionally by scaling back my calories.

I kind of liked your rant against junk food. Especially since we began intermittent fasting and even back when we were just counting calories (doing this for a decade now), we just stopped doing junk food, except as a splurge on special occasions a couple times a year. Neither of us feel that great after doing this, so we have gravitated toward more healthy fast food options also. 

Overall, for our well-being the main thing that's helped both physically (aches and pains-wise) and clear-headedness ( my preferred indicators) eating only healthy fats has been the key. I don't tolerate vegetables well since I had my appendix out a few years ago, but emphasizing fats and getting a dose or two of fruits and veggies has been working perfectly for me/us. Also, our doctors are quite impressed with our blood work-- mine asks me for advice, hers has told her "I haven't seen blood work this good in my practice for a long time". So we have the scientific backing for what we're doing.

Just the weight thing for her. And hopefully the Appetite Suppressant will kick in and help her with that once I get the ideal pattern for her dialed in.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted.
Hi All,

So we're on our 4th cycle now. I reduced the ASRB2 period for my wife to 3 days (except this last one I extended to 4 just to change what days it was playing for ease of use since 4+3 = 7 the days weren't going to vary).

I've continued to drop some weight. Not as rapidly now, I assume that means I'm approaching my ideal, which makes sense, since I was content with my weight where it was and now at least 2-3 lbs lighter average, I wouldn't want to lose more than another pound or two, max. I have noticed my physique changing in a (in my opinion) not favorable way, i.e. waist staying more or less the same (though it dropped a half inch or so) while everything else, chest, arms, etc. have also dropped some. I'm quite lean in arms and chest, so this tends to mean I lost some muscle mass (at least in my way of figuring). And who doesn't want to lose belly fat? Even a little makes you look better, if other things stay the same. I've just kind of shrunk in all dimensions...

I'm a clear success, then for the Appetite Suppressant...

Now my wife (for whom I purchased the sub) is having a different experience. Her weight, after about a month is only dropped maybe a pound or two, average. Her attitude is still good, it's enough for her to feel that it might be having an effect, though the trend had already begun downward before actually listening to the sub (TID?).

I'm wondering if breaking the rules a little might give her a little push? Like spinning a loop during the day while she's at her desk? Running 6 loops rather than 5, etc.? Shortening the ASRB2 definitely seems to have improved things noticeably.

She can be difficult to influence via suggestion. In some ways she responds quickly to suggestions on other things she is downright rigid (I've worked with her in hypnosis, that's how I have discovered this-- some hypnotic suggestions simply don't take, while others work right out of the box).

Thoughts, Shannon?

-----------------

Might as well add to this post-- I had just 'viewed' but forgotten to 'Post'

This am I had a new low, my wife's weight on the other hand had rebounded a bit (back up). I thought it had slowed down for me. I suppose, I may be eating a little less than when I was heavier, but not really noticing it. I have noticed I feel a good bit more 'flexible' when it comes to eating. Like when my wife says, "do you want this big piece or this one that's a little smaller..." I say, "surprise me" or "whichever". So maybe that is partially at least the effect of the sub. Now that I think of it, we had a birthday party for my son-in-law on Sunday at my house. He brought lots of good quality beer and pizza from a local brew-pub (now takeout only). I had two pieces of pizza and stopped, not cause I tried, nor because I was full. Then a little later I went back to try a third kind of pizza (he brought 5 kinds all sounded yummy to me) and took only a half piece. That was my main meal on Sunday. So maybe I'm easily influenced on the amounts that I eat. That is how I normally lose weight when I feel I've gotten too high. I just eat 80% of whatever I would normally eat. But that is conscious. This was completely unconscious. Should I chalk that up to the sub?
If she's resisting the sub, then it sounds likely that she is doing the strange thing that causes most people to gain weight, which is, her subconscious is seeking either comfort or security in food and doesn't want to give that up.

There are a few things you can do.
1. Change the volume. I don't think this is the best thing to do right now.
2. Decrease her days off.
3. Increase her loops per day.

Of your options, I think if I was in your shoes I would decrease her days off to 1, and increase her loops per day by one per day per cycle until you reach success or hit a limit for how much you can easily play it. You may also want to play it to her in the moment while she is eating.
(08-20-2020, 05:18 PM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]If she's resisting the sub, then it sounds likely that she is doing the strange thing that causes most people to gain weight, which is, her subconscious is seeking either comfort or security in food and doesn't want to give that up.  

There are a few things you can do.
1. Change the volume.  I don't think this is the best thing to do right now.
2. Decrease her days off.
3. Increase her loops per day.

Of your options, I think if I was in your shoes I would decrease her days off to 1, and increase her loops per day by one per day per cycle until you reach success or hit a limit for how much you can easily play it.  You may also want to play it to her in the moment while she is eating.

Your observation above is *probably* close to the truth. She has said in the past (actually quite a long time ago, before weight was much of a problem for her) she "eats when she's happy, nervous, sad, excited, hungry, feeling emotional, etc." originally, I gave her a little trouble about munching, just because she did it so much, I thought it was a bad habit, like nail-biting, etc. For decades now, though I have NOT said anything about those sorts of habits and just let her police herself, unless (as in her smartphone habits) they interrupt conversations and romantic moments.

I will follow your suggestions. I'm not sure we're in bed long enough that adding another loop during the night would play all the way through, but will give it a try. Also, playing it during dinner is a great idea, we only actually eat one meal a day nowadays except on Saturday. We have been measuring portions for 10 years and she recently stopped counting calories for the first time in a decade because 'it wasn't working anymore'. 

However, I am theorizing that she is just eating too much and maybe drinking too much when she sits down to eat. I have noticed that she has a tendency to eat almost as much as I do when we sit down for our evening meal. In fact, now that I think of it, if I don't finish the salad she made (she makes one bowl for the two of us) she'll finish it, drenching it in olive oil (her favorite dressing). Also, if I don't finish the fruit salad she prepares, she'll finish it. 

I'd eat more salad and fruit if my system tolerated it. But I can't do that without running the risk of stomach cramps triggered by too much fiber. Since she does the prep, she might just make more and more if I were finishing it. Seems like she's just a tough case. So we'll up the frequency and loop count.

Too bad I'm responding so well, though. I've dropped 5 pounds in the last month. If anything, I'm actually kind of working against it mentally, but subconsciously I'm clearly doing what needs to be done to go down. I'm hoping I can rebuild some of the lost muscle but lack of gym access is causing me trouble, the home equipment doesn't quite do the trick for me, I discovered yesterday that I'm losing strength, but that could just be that I had to stay off the chest exercises due to a wrist issue.

Does the sub help with amount of wine, etc. consumed also, or is it just focused on food? That could be an issue, too. She may eat fewer calories, but drink more? Casting about for possible reasons...
It should help with anything you ingest. I'm planning to have that be a module in the next version of Weight Loss, and more work will be done to it in the mean time, but by itself it is designed to adjust the appetite. Without certain other modules, certain personality types may resist it. By your description, I smell excuses to eat on her part, which probably indicates increasing subconscious feelings of insecurity. I wonder if maybe she started gaining weight when you started running DMSI because she is afraid of what it's pushing her - and you - to actually do. Maybe subconscious,y her gaining weight is a way to prevent that from happening. Part of why I don't recommend it for couples. It's not designed for couples just yet.
(08-22-2020, 11:50 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It should help with anything you ingest.  I'm planning to have that be a module in the next version of Weight Loss, and more work will be done to it in the mean time, but by itself it is designed to adjust the appetite.  Without certain other modules, certain personality types may resist it.  By your description, I smell excuses to eat on her part, which probably indicates increasing subconscious feelings of insecurity.  I wonder if maybe she started gaining weight when you started running DMSI because she is afraid of what it's pushing her - and you - to actually do.  Maybe subconscious,y her gaining weight is a way to prevent that from happening.  Part of why I don't recommend it for couples.  It's not designed for couples just yet.

Hmmmm. Well I'll avoid the DMSI for a while then anyway (taking the prescribed break). Just out of curiosity. Is she feeling the insecurity because I used it or because she used it? Seems like it should be because I used it but what you suggest isn't clear to me, can you clarify? I can go back to her graphs and see if the weight surged after we began the DMSI, I know when we started that, and she seems to track her weight in an app (my fitness pal) at least until recently.

Interestingly, her weight surged over the weekend and this (Monday) morning. After weighing in, she said to me, she is going to go back to counting calories, and wants to reduce snacking and drinking and is asking me for help, so we have a plan to go for a walk or play ping pong (or swim in this weather) rather than having a dessert. This should really help. But it came from her entirely. I do ask her every couple days whether there is any progress, don't even ask for details, unless there IS progress. 

As far as me, I do seem to continue to trend down. Today I looked at my weight (I track on paper--and have for probably 10 years) for Monday, compared with each previous Monday since the beginning of July (which is when I believe I started thinking about buying the sub. 

I've trended down each Monday by about a pound or so. The indications are that I have lost at least 4 pounds since early July, and perhaps as much as 6 pounds.

I am interested in that future version of DMSI you are planning, but, of course, can't use it till we get a handle on the weight thing. The fear reduction and confidence increase it brought me (and her to some degree) were effective and fun. I actually believe it has triggered a new 'phase' of life. I'm re-capturing some of my youthful enthusiasm for leadership and trying new things. I believe it is going to make me a more effective human in general.

I began several days ago, doing the 4 days on 1 day off, with the playing of a loop or two during dinner hour. I also added a 6th loop to the night time plays. Maybe her thinking is being affected by the higher intensity program. She is also sleeping better, curiously. While I am not sleeping as well since we began the program-- I track my sleep types using my Oura ring, and have not had adequate deep sleep from the beginning of starting this program. Other than that my sleep hasn't changed much, just that aspect of quality. I just realized this now as I was writing. I'll have to keep an eye on our off day coming this week, perhaps I'll have a higher percentage of deep sleep on that night... we'll see. 

Also, in a couple weeks we'll be in the mountains tent camping for 5 days. I'm thinking I won't try to do the sub there, because it'll be audible throughout the campsite and the occasional crackling would be more obvious with the silence of the forest. I will play it for her while we are driving around in the car sightseeing IF no one is riding with us. Hopefully, she'll make a bunch of progress before then.
(08-22-2020, 11:50 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]It should help with anything you ingest.  I'm planning to have that be a module in the next version of Weight Loss, and more work will be done to it in the mean time, but by itself it is designed to adjust the appetite.  Without certain other modules, certain personality types may resist it.  By your description, I smell excuses to eat on her part, which probably indicates increasing subconscious feelings of insecurity.  I wonder if maybe she started gaining weight when you started running DMSI because she is afraid of what it's pushing her - and you - to actually do.  Maybe subconscious,y her gaining weight is a way to prevent that from happening.  Part of why I don't recommend it for couples.  It's not designed for couples just yet.

Hi Shannon,
I checked her weight logs and she shot up at Christmas, then dropped, leveled off, and it went up after our 2 weeks in Hawaii. This pattern is consistent for the last two years over that same time period. She doesn't weigh in while we're there (no scale in our cottage), though we do measure her and she stayed pretty consistent on that front. It was 2 weeks before vacation that we started DMSI, and her wt. did not go up during that time, it was either dropping or staying level. We continued to listen to DMSI while in Hawaii but she usually gains weight there anyway. Also, there would be no reason for insecurity due to other women because we don't see any other women while we're there, have sex every day, and hangout together the whole time.

She does have a LOT of anxiety about the Leftist movement that is taking over parts of cities in the US. She and I had experience when we lived in latinamerica regarding such political movements and how destructive they can be and how they can permanently change the way of life for the worse. I wonder if this increased anxiety is one of the reasons for the weight spike. Double-whammy, increased cortisol from the worry and increased intake of food due to the anxiety? Now that I think of it, that sounds very likely.
Quote:Also, there would be no reason for insecurity due to other women because we don't see any other women while we're there, have sex every day, and hangout together the whole time.

Ah, but there lies the rub: reason isn't what guides these responses that result in weight gain.  It is the irrational, emotional and instinctual parts of the self that do that.  Anything BUT reason and logic.

Quote:She does have a LOT of anxiety about the Leftist movement that is taking over parts of cities in the US. She and I had experience when we lived in latinamerica regarding such political movements and how destructive they can be and how they can permanently change the way of life for the worse. I wonder if this increased anxiety is one of the reasons for the weight spike. Double-whammy, increased cortisol from the worry and increased intake of food due to the anxiety? Now that I think of it, that sounds very likely.

I have found that in virtually every case I have come across while I was researching the root causes of weight gain, it always traced back to... 

Fear.  

For some reason, the subconscious seems to think that "more fat = more safety and security".  In some cases, it actually is; bigger is less likely to be targetted for sexual assault, for example.  But for seeing security from anxiety, that makes no sense.  The best I can understand is that it is a side effect in some cases of seeking to recall deeply primal feelings of security that were first experienced very young in life, perhaps while being held and nursed by mom, or fed while the person was safe.  

But it always seems to trace back to fear.  Even in a lot of cases I looked at where the person was diagnosed with hormonal disorders, there were cases where I concluded that the hormonal disorder wasn't a cause, but a symptom that resulted in, and it was the result of subconscious fear.  Remember that the subconscious acts as the control panel for the body.  Manipulating hormones isn't very hard to do through subliminals, so we know the subconscious can do it.  If the subconscious goal is to gain weight, then it will find a way.  

This is why Weight Loss v6 took me 10 years to develop, and the next version has been in slow development for at least the last 3 years, bit by bit, in coming up with new approaches and new methods,  testing those ideas and refining them.  It's a very complex thing, and it's being run by the part of you that is everything BUT logical and rational.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6