• Welcome to Subliminal Talk!
  • The best in subliminal audio
Hello There, Guest! Login Register


Title: Basic Questions
Thread Modes
#1
Greetings all.

I have been combing through the FAQ and going through the search. But either I cannot find the answer or the answer is framed in a way (technological terminology) that I cannot understand. So I was hoping for some quick answers to what I need to know.

Q. What is a loop?
I am 99.9% sure it is when you listen to just one of the individual tracks, eg. masked Ocean Waves, from start to finish. 
So when instructed to listen for 4 loops, you would be listening to a single track 4 times, even though I'm guessing you can mix the tracks up with whatever you fancy, ocean / stream / ultrasonic. 

Q. Ultra Motivation / Overcome Procrastination (My sub)

On its product description page, under instructions, it states:

"This program can be used for 'in the moment' (ITM) and long term use....... "

What is meant by ITM? Does that mean you use it anytime you need a 'kickstart' to get motivated when faced with a task you wish to do?


"........ It should be used in blocks of as close to 3 months at a time for long term use as the secondary ASRB allows you, ..........."

???? What does that mean ???? Blocks, secondary ASRB, whats the primary ASRB? Yes I know ASRB is in the glossary, but is it a specific time, how is it measured?  

 
"........ Long term use should be at 4 loops per day.  The secondary ASRB value (days of use to days of rest ratio) for this program is 4 days of use to 1 days of rest, and the repeat, for as close to 3 months as that allows you to get for each block of usage time.


Again, ???? What does that all mean ???? I understand the use 4 days on, then rest 1 day, then continue, but the rest?


Q. Now, when you go into the 'General 5G Program Instructions' under the Instructions tab on the Home Page, it states:

"How much time should you use it for every day? I recommend 8 to 16 hours a day.  8 to 12 is usually plenty."

As per the instructions above from the UM/OP product page, it says to do 4 loops per day. Each tack is just over 1hr long, so therefore it would take ~4.5hrs.

Would the Product Instructions override the General Instructions in this case?


Q. I read somewhere that the loops should be continuous. How strict is continuous? Can you take a 5, 10, 20 min break in between? Do half your loops in the mornig, the other half at night? If you can take a break what is the maximum?

If you cant, why is that? And I'm not asking for any secret information as to how these subs function, but I would be interested to know the reason why they would have to be played back to back to back, why the repetition has to be continual but not spread out.


Finally, my situation is that I share my bed with my wife. She is fairly religious and would probably not like the idea of me doing these subs (a whole different story that I wont go into), I was just wondering other people's thoughts about using the ultrasonic subs when another person is in the room sleeping/working etc. I only asked as I read on this forum many times when these sub programs would 'stir up' / 'bring to the front' unpleasant feelings/dreams/thoughts etc. Should you not subject anyone to these ultasonic subs because of the 'potential' negative effect a sub may have? even though the reason to use them is for personal improvement?


All the best R.
 
Reply
#2
(06-22-2019, 04:04 PM)ravencsr Wrote: Greetings all.

I have been combing through the FAQ and going through the search. But either I cannot find the answer or the answer is framed in a way (technological terminology) that I cannot understand. So I was hoping for some quick answers to what I need to know.

Q. What is a loop?
I am 99.9% sure it is when you listen to just one of the individual tracks, eg. masked Ocean Waves, from start to finish. 
So when instructed to listen for 4 loops, you would be listening to a single track 4 times, even though I'm guessing you can mix the tracks up with whatever you fancy, ocean / stream / ultrasonic.

In the beginning, I was making each track 30 or 60 minutes, and in rare cases, 80 minutes.  Because it was an even number of minutes and usually an hour or half an hour, we would specify time to listen.  But now, the introduction of the Audio To Silence Ratio Balancer (ASRB) means that we don't have tracks anymore that equal an hour or half an hour.  Now they're different lengths from one title to another, and they're usually odd lengths like 61 minutes, 66 minutes, 84 minutes, etc.

Now we can't say, "Just use it for 5 hours," because these don't evenly divide into hours and the length of each track is different according to which title we are using.  So we operate in "loops" now, which is how many times you are to play the program's audio track per day, back to back.


Quote:Q. Ultra Motivation / Overcome Procrastination (My sub)

On its product description page, under instructions, it states:

"This program can be used for 'in the moment' (ITM) and long term use....... "

What is meant by ITM? Does that mean you use it anytime you need a 'kickstart' to get motivated when faced with a task you wish to do?

Yes.  If you have been using your program according to the instructions and you want more motivation while you're going about your day, you can turn it on and get benefit from it in the moment.



Quote:"........ It should be used in blocks of as close to 3 months at a time for long term use as the secondary ASRB allows you, ..........."

???? What does that mean ???? Blocks, secondary ASRB, whats the primary ASRB? Yes I know ASRB is in the glossary, but is it a specific time, how is it measured?  

ASRB is the Audio to Silence Ratio Balancer, and it is built into the audio of each program that uses it.  It is how many minutes of audio the program has to how many minutes of rest.  The ASRB2, or secondary ASRB, is how many days you should run the program to how many days you should rest from running the program.  

Certain programs are designed to be used in blocks of 3 months at a time.  So if you want to use one of those programs, you could use it for 3, 6, 9, 12 months, etc. as you desire, but it's designed to be used in blocks of 3 months at a time.  This ensures that the program has enough time to actually accomplish it's goals (the first 3 months) and then after that, make a significant, long term impact.

Sometimes the ASRB2 will not divide evenly into 3 months.  So you would then run the program for whatever was necessary to complete 3 months, plus finish the last ASRB2 cycle of days on to days off.


 

Quote:"........ Long term use should be at 4 loops per day.  The secondary ASRB value (days of use to days of rest ratio) for this program is 4 days of use to 1 days of rest, and the repeat, for as close to 3 months as that allows you to get for each block of usage time.


Again, ???? What does that all mean ???? I understand the use 4 days on, then rest 1 day, then continue, but the rest?

So each day you use the program, you would loop it 4 times, back to back, without interrupting it during that time.  Breaking up the loops also interrupts the ASRB and makes the programs somewhat less effective because the balance of input to rest is disrupted.

The secondary ASRB is 4:1, meaning that 4 days in a row, you would play it for 4 loops in a row, and then take 1 days off and rest, without playing it at all.  The rest allows you to push to the limit without exhausting your mind, both in primary and secondary ASRB.

Quote:Q. Now, when you go into the 'General 5G Program Instructions' under the Instructions tab on the Home Page, it states:

"How much time should you use it for every day? I recommend 8 to 16 hours a day.  8 to 12 is usually plenty."

As per the instructions above from the UM/OP product page, it says to do 4 loops per day. Each tack is just over 1hr long, so therefore it would take ~4.5hrs.

Would the Product Instructions override the General Instructions in this case?

Product instructions always override general instructions.  However, it is important to note that the UM/OP program is a 5.5G program, and therefore is not subject to 5G instructions.  They belong to different technology generations, and require different usage patterns.  5.5G is a transitional generation, where every release is adding new technology, and this is why I started making each program's description include instructions specifically for that program.  The only thing that applies from 5G to 5.5G is the instructions for calibration of volume.


Quote:Q. I read somewhere that the loops should be continuous. How strict is continuous? Can you take a 5, 10, 20 min break in between? Do half your loops in the mornig, the other half at night? If you can take a break what is the maximum?

If you cant, why is that? And I'm not asking for any secret information as to how these subs function, but I would be interested to know the reason why they would have to be played back to back to back, why the repetition has to be continual but not spread out.

Loops must be back to back, or you are disrupting the carefully calculated ASRB, which is there to allow you to switch from "input/decode/process/store/execute" mode to "rest/process/store/execute" mode.  This allows the program to start working faster, and work better while also allowing you time to rest, so that it does not overwhelm your mind's ability to input/process/store/execute, which will degrade how fast and how well the program works.  If a program has an ASRB of say 10:1, that means that every 10 minutes of input, you have a minute to rest, process, store and execute without having the input/decode part of the process to deal with.  During a single loop, it's automatic, but if you break up a loop from another loop, this value changes and now you no longer have the ideal input to rest ratio.  It will reduce how quickly and how well the program is decoded, processed, stored and executed.  So to get the benefit of having an ASRB, you need to run all loops contiguously, back to back, all at once.


Quote:Finally, my situation is that I share my bed with my wife. She is fairly religious and would probably not like the idea of me doing these subs (a whole different story that I wont go into), I was just wondering other people's thoughts about using the ultrasonic subs when another person is in the room sleeping/working etc. I only asked as I read on this forum many times when these sub programs would 'stir up' / 'bring to the front' unpleasant feelings/dreams/thoughts etc. Should you not subject anyone to these ultasonic subs because of the 'potential' negative effect a sub may have? even though the reason to use them is for personal improvement?


All the best R.

First, you have to consider whether or not you would want someone else to subject you to a subliminal of their choosing without your knowledge, and how that would make you feel.  

Second, how the program affects a person depends on a lot of variables, including their age, personality type, beliefs, experiences, point of view, intellectual intelligence, emotional intelligence, level of emotional, mental, sexual and spiritual damage, how mentally and emotionally stable and sane they are and of course which title you subject them to, which format, what volume, how well you use it according to the instructions, and so on.

If we were to never subject someone to a program because of the potential perceived negative effects, nobody would use them.  The fact is that processing and healing are typically going to require that you face and deal with fears, emotional traumas and other less than pleasant things; and while I work hard to make this process as easy and comfortable as possible, just how easy and painless it is varies from person to person based on all of the above, plus how willing their subconscious is to execute the script.

If I were in your shoes, it wouldn't so much worry me what my wife's reaction to the sub would be, as it would be to ask, "By subjecting her to this without her knowledge and consent, am I doing the right thing?"
Subliminal Audio Specialist & Administrator

The scientist has a question to find an answer for. The pseudo-scientist has an answer to find a question for. ~ "Failure is the path of least persistence." - Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ Logic left. Emotion right. But thinking, straight ahead. ~ Sperate supra omnia in valorem. (The value of trust is above all else.) ~ Meowsomeness!
 
Reply
#3
Welcome to the forum.

Quote:Q. What is a loop?

A loop is just 1 playthrough of the file. Each format has the same content, so you can use whichever you prefer. Keep in mind if you're using headphones we don't recommend ultrasonic as it can be too easy to mess up the volume. Too low would reduce effectiveness, too high may damage hearing.

Quote:What is meant by ITM? Does that mean you use it anytime you need a 'kickstart' to get motivated when faced with a task you wish to do?

Yes in the moment is just using it when you want some motivation, and long term is using it as instructed over time.

Quote:???? What does that mean ???? Blocks, secondary ASRB, whats the primary ASRB? Yes I know ASRB is in the glossary, but is it a specific time, how is it measured?

Primarly ASRB is just the amount of silence in the audio, so not something that matters for you other than you want to listen to all the loops uninterrupted without pausing.

Quote:Again, ???? What does that all mean ???? I understand the use 4 days on, then rest 1 day, then continue, but the rest?

It and the above just mean that you want to use it for a minimum of 3 months and preferably in blocks of 3 months eg 3/6/9 months instead of 4/5/7 for example.

Quote:Q. Now, when you go into the 'General 5G Program Instructions' under the Instructions tab on the Home Page, it states:

"How much time should you use it for every day? I recommend 8 to 16 hours a day. 8 to 12 is usually plenty."

As per the instructions above from the UM/OP product page, it says to do 4 loops per day. Each tack is just over 1hr long, so therefore it would take ~4.5hrs.

Would the Product Instructions override the General Instructions in this case?

That's the difference between 5g and 5.5g. UMOP is 5.5g so the instructions are what's on the description page.

Quote:Q. I read somewhere that the loops should be continuous. How strict is continuous? Can you take a 5, 10, 20 min break in between? Do half your loops in the mornig, the other half at night? If you can take a break what is the maximum?

It's strongly recommended not to have a break at all. It's because Shannon has calculated the amount of silence within the audio for maximum effectiveness and stopping it inbetween would interrupt that and reduce effectiveness.

Quote:Finally, my situation is that I share my bed with my wife. She is fairly religious and would probably not like the idea of me doing these subs (a whole different story that I wont go into), I was just wondering other people's thoughts about using the ultrasonic subs when another person is in the room sleeping/working etc. I only asked as I read on this forum many times when these sub programs would 'stir up' / 'bring to the front' unpleasant feelings/dreams/thoughts etc. Should you not subject anyone to these ultasonic subs because of the 'potential' negative effect a sub may have? even though the reason to use them is for personal improvement?

It's best not to expand on it, as we have a rule about discussing religion here (rule 4). But mainly if you use it around someone else they're going to get the effects of the program.

So if you don't want her to get the results of it then you could use headphones instead of speakers.
 
Reply
#4
Haha well there you go, you get double the answers cos I didn't realize Shannon was replying at the same time. Tongue
 
Reply
#5
Gee, just as well you guys are on the same page !! Could have ended up embarrassing  Lol

Thanks to the both of you, the answers have been crystal clear.  Victoire
 
Reply
  


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some questions about MLS and how it could help me. EvolvingPhoenix 3 472 03-11-2019, 07:17 AM
Last Post: EvolvingPhoenix
  Some questions about LGPR EvolvingPhoenix 9 780 11-22-2018, 06:47 PM
Last Post: EvolvingPhoenix
  Special Meditations Set - Questions MD81 16 5,794 12-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Daredevil
  ASC few questions ianaav 1 1,079 07-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Shawn
  meditation set questions JackOfHearts 3 1,852 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Last Post: JackOfHearts
  A few questions Magnus 7 4,358 12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Shannon

Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)