Subliminal Talk
Jackie's Confidence Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Women's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Women's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Women-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Jackie's Confidence Journal (/Thread-Jackie-s-Confidence-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 03-05-2011

I know of a product that you can take that actually does work very well or anxiety and or depression. I bought it for my son years ago and it really made him feel better. The thing I liked about it is that is all natural and works within the hour of taking it. Problem is it's pricey...or I think anyway. If you'd like to know more, I can PM with the info. It might help you get through some of the tougher effects the sub may be producing.

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Shannon - 03-11-2011

(03-03-2011, 01:47 PM)spiralout1988 Wrote: What is the wee wee effect? lol

It's the tendency for certain types of sounds, especially within certain frequency bands, to cause your body to respond with the urge to urinate.

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 03-12-2011

Well, I've pretty much decided that ASC did what I wanted it to, and I'm pretty satisfied with it to discontinue listening.

One thing I've noticed along with everything else, is less inhibition to say what I want to say. And not that I'm less tactful, but before I was almost overly concerned about how I said something might come across. Now I'm less worried about it. It has helped a lot with lessening the need for validation. In speaking my own mind more freely, and not being overly concerned about "how" I say something, that's been huge!! Or, I'll more confidently speak, like my tone is louder. It used to feel so unnatural to speak louder than my normal softer voice, but I'm definitely noticing that I'm louder.....for me! lol, I'm not some loud mouth now, but I probably have a more consistent speaking volume.

Eye contact has changed too. Before I didn't really have a problem looking someone in the eye, but I would look down and around after awhile. Now I've been keeping eye contact, and they look down more often! Made me wonder why looking someone in the eye was ever uncomfortable anyway. And it seems like a lot of people are uncomfortable with it, and I don't know why. Maybe because it makes us feel self conscious? Like suddenly being in the spot light? I'd love to hear what other people think.

I also believe that this sub, as stated in an earlier post has helped me sideswipe some of my depression symptoms and better deal with them. Any doubting thoughts I'd have would more easily be countered with more confident and positive ones.

My posture is better too. A lot of times I'd find myself slightly hunched over, especially when someone was talking to me, almost like a submissive behavior, or somehow trying to make myself smaller. That's gone now. I stand more straight and look them in the eye.

These changes might seem small, but they really are pretty big when you think about the impact it they have.

I'm still not a perfectly confident person now, but I feel like I've gotten to a point that I'm happy with.

Next program is Sleep Optimizer!!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 03-13-2011

I think, as I'm sure you heard before, when you look into someone's eyes you can see their soul. I think it makes people uncomfortable or uneasy. I've never had trouble looking anyone in the eye for the most part, but there are times when I look away to hold my train of thought. It can be an intense and awkward feeling, especially if the conversation stops. Maybe we have some ability to see someone on a deeper level and it's intimidating in a way. Just a random thought.

I was wondering if Shannon rebuilds ASC in 4g if you'd reuse it? Or do you think you've gotten all you can from it.

Can't wait to hear how the sleep sub works!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 03-14-2011

I forgot where I was going with my previous post last night, I was exhausted and my bed was calling my name lol. I do believe when you look into someone's eyes, you can see into their soul and visa-versa. So if that's true, could the reason we look away is because we don't want someone to "see" the real us? And when I say real, I mean all the bad we can't hide from ourselves. Then, maybe the subs help us to release that bad or at least the negative feelings of it, so that we feel better to show our soul off! That's my take on it but who knows.

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Jackie - 03-15-2011

(03-14-2011, 05:05 AM)Patti Wrote: I forgot where I was going with my previous post last night, I was exhausted and my bed was calling my name lol. I do believe when you look into someone's eyes, you can see into their soul and visa-versa. So if that's true, could the reason we look away is because we don't want someone to "see" the real us? And when I say real, I mean all the bad we can't hide from ourselves. Then, maybe the subs help us to release that bad or at least the negative feelings of it, so that we feel better to show our soul off! That's my take on it but who knows.

That's goes a lot deeper than I was thinking, but that could be it on some subconscious level. Or maybe we're just not used to having someone's full attention like that focused right in. I don't feel like I'm hiding something, but my guess is that it's like being put on the spot and makes people self conscious? Maybe it varies from person to person. Thanks for you thoughts!

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Spiral - 03-16-2011

It's something along those lines. because I don't know many people that can hold eye contact as well as I can. My boss can.. so can another co worker.. and one of my old friends back home. I think it does have something to do with becoming instantly connected with that person on a subconscious level.. and it mutually allows each of the two persons to be more friendly and respectful to each other if each were both in a good state of mind. In fact my co worker and I had a staring contest just very naturally. we exchanged a few words about something I was working on and had a quick laugh.. and then we fell silent and just stared at each other. I must admit it started feeling uneasy after the first 3 seconds so then I started grinning haha.. then a few seconds later he looked away and started talking again. he's "out stared" me plenty of times but what happened yesterday I take the cake Tongue Either way we're really cool with each other on a very mature level. We aren't like little kids together.. but then again we are. He was actually the first friend I made at the work place, as well. Eye contact makes everything so much easier so on some level I do believe that we see deep into the people we hold eye contact with. that's why I have the utmost respect from my boss at work... and everyone else at work. It would be nice if he paid me more though :O

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Shannon - 03-30-2011

I have noticed that for me, the amount of eye contact I make depends on how projective or receptive I am feeling on that particular day. Some days I can instantly drill my energy through the back of someone else's skull with a glance at their eyes, and other days I am absorbing more than projecting anything. When I am in that receptive mode, I notice that I avoid eye contact more because receiving the eye contact from others then is like being splatted in the face with a pie in some sense. Rather jarring and unpleasant. Not that it makes any major contribution, but I thought it might be interesting for you guys to consider that point of view.

RE: Jackie's Confidence Journal - Patti - 03-30-2011

Are you sleeping better?