Subliminal Talk
Um/op Restarted 09/28/18 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Um/op Restarted 09/28/18 (/Thread-Um-op-Restarted-09-28-18)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Shannon - 08-10-2018

(08-09-2018, 10:27 AM)Moud Wrote: This thing saved my butt yesterday. My son is starting a new job today and I decided yesterday to just find the paperwork he needed for this afternoon, rather than grabbing it all last minute as we were getting ready to leave. Couldn't find his SIN number anywhere. So I had time to look up how to get him a replacement and was able to get him up and to the government office calmly this morning, rather than in a panicked rush, which would have been the norm. Also got him to complete his courses yesterday rather then today. I tried running the script as an in the moment script for him since he really didn't want to do it, and he became really tired so I turned it off. It was his first exposure to a sub and I remember being tired the first 2 days I used it.

So glad I got onto everything ahead of time!

Keep in mind the possibility that tired in response to UMOP could be an escape tactic. Can't be productive doing what you don't want to do if you're asleep. I've seen a number of people do that.

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Moud - 08-10-2018

(08-10-2018, 06:55 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(08-09-2018, 10:27 AM)Moud Wrote: This thing saved my butt yesterday. My son is starting a new job today and I decided yesterday to just find the paperwork he needed for this afternoon, rather than grabbing it all last minute as we were getting ready to leave. Couldn't find his SIN number anywhere. So I had time to look up how to get him a replacement and was able to get him up and to the government office calmly this morning, rather than in a panicked rush, which would have been the norm. Also got him to complete his courses yesterday rather then today. I tried running the script as an in the moment script for him since he really didn't want to do it, and he became really tired so I turned it off. It was his first exposure to a sub and I remember being tired the first 2 days I used it.

Keep in mind the possibility that tired in response to UMOP could be an escape tactic. Can't be productive doing what you don't want to do if you're asleep. I've seen a number of people do that.

The first few days I had 2 hour naps, I'm not a napper at all so it surprised me lol. Third and fourth it was better, then we got concert day with hours of traveling and a late night. Today I feel asleep listening to the sub.. Heading to bed now to catch up and back full steam tomorrow.

And honestly looking around, I've been a zombie for 2 days but the house is still clean, dishes are done, groceries are done and put away, I walked 5km, the kids are alive and fed, normally everything would have fallen apart, so even though it didn't feel like I did much, what I did to was on such an auto pilot that I don't even think it feels like work anymore

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Ruffian - 08-11-2018

(08-10-2018, 07:14 PM)Moud Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 06:55 PM)Shannon Wrote:

The first few days I had 2 hour naps, I'm not a napper at all so it surprised me lol. Third and fourth it was better, then we got concert day with hours of traveling and a late night. Today I feel asleep listening to the sub.. Heading to bed now to catch up and back full steam tomorrow.

And honestly looking around, I've been a zombie for 2 days but the house is still clean, dishes are done, groceries are done and put away, I walked 5km, the kids are alive and fed, normally everything would have fallen apart, so even though it didn't feel like I did much, what I did to was on such an auto pilot that I don't even think it feels like work anymore

I believe Shannon was referring to your son in his post...

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Zane - 08-11-2018

Are u motivated to do stuff which u think is boring but u know are important?

Are u able to keep ur focus/Interest in that which u r doing even if it's boring?

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Moud - 08-11-2018

(08-11-2018, 09:04 AM)Zane Wrote: Are u motivated to do stuff which u think is boring but u know are important?

Are u able to keep ur focus/Interest in that which u r doing even if it's boring?

I don't know yet lol. I spend my day with my kids so I'm constantly moving from one thing to the next, once they are back in school I'll be able to tackle bigger projects and test the motivation better. As motivated as I am to head down to my work room, to declutter my crawl space things like that it's hard to act on it when I'm interrupted every 5 minutes

It felt for a few days like the sub wasn't working well but I realized last night it's doing major things for me. It doesn't feel like I've done laundry because I literally take it out of the dryer, fold it right away, and put it away. It's about 2 insignificant minutes of my day, but usually I would have piled all the clean stuff in a basket, let it climb up to 12 or so loads to fold, then spent time dreading it, so when I actually folded it it would take hours and it would be a huge accomplishment. It doesn't feel like I did dishes, because I'm washing them after each and every meal. Normally they would pile up until there were none clean, then I would have to spend the day avoiding them, dreading emptying the dishwasher because it's too much work, running it 2 or 3 times in a row because every plate was piled in the sink since I'd put off cleaning them , finishing that was then a major accomplishment. But now I'm washing as I cook, automatically putting each plate in the dish washer as we finish using it. This is the anti procrastination kicking in so naturally it feels like a habit I've had forever.

. So am I able to concentrate on a boring task for a long period of time? We'll see. Right now it's turned things that would normally be long and boring and in need of focus into jobs that are quick and short and so automatic I hardly notice I'm even doing them, but they are done.

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Moud - 08-14-2018

Got a bit thrown off over the 2 day break. Got a cold that left me feeling like crap, and was helping a friend through something. Took a third day of because I was coughing too hard to wear headphones. Back at it today! Feeling much better.

@Shannon I noticed my mp3 file is cutting off our starting over just before the 50 minute mark.. is it just shipping the silence you put at the end to help with the asrb? Or is there an issue with the file? Any player for my Android phone you can recommend that would not skip the silence of this is the case?

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Benjamin - 08-14-2018

That shouldn't happen at all, there's no player I know of that skips a track because there's silence in it. If it's not playing the whole thing then i'd download again.

Maybe someone can comment how long the audio is to confirm the length.

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - 4Kingdoms - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 03:52 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Maybe someone can comment how long the audio is to confirm the length.

One hour 8 minutes or 68 minutes.

It shows 1:08 but never seems to play all the way. If I try to get forward it to near the end it just restarts.

It stopped at exactly 49:58 and forwarded to the next track. I have masked stream, ocean and a masked hybrid downloaded to my phone and it does it on all 3 files. The .flac file I tried in a different player and it just cuts out randomly.

On pi music player they show up as being 1:08 and on vlc they show up as being 48:53. Very strange.

Deleted the file from my phone and download them again from the website downloads section rather than the email link. File is significantly bigger and is playing all the way through now. We'll see if that helps with the motivation lol, thinking the procrastination effects I had were probably from the 4g op I was using before all this.

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Dilectione - 08-14-2018

(08-14-2018, 05:09 PM)Moud Wrote: Deleted the file from my phone and download them again from the website downloads section rather than the email link. File is significantly bigger and is playing all the way through now. We'll see if that helps with the motivation lol, thinking the procrastination effects I had were probably from the 4g op I was using before all this.

Hi Moud. Next time, the easier way to check is using winMD5 checker to see valid MD5 or an app named Spek to see if the audio is cutted in the middle of download or not Smile

RE: UM/OP 5.5g - Zane - 08-14-2018

So UM-OP worked on u, even though file was corrupt?.. Wow that's the Power of 5.5G lol