Subliminal Talk
Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal (/Thread-Antaeus-AM6-Reboot-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Antaeus - 05-18-2018

(05-18-2018, 05:17 AM)Adrien Silva Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 10:20 AM)Antaeus Wrote: Overcame the fear sent a job app to the oil company.

Hope you get accepted.

Yea me too. It's time to get out of grocery.

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Antaeus - 05-19-2018

Don't know why but I'm feeling incredibly discouraged about my progress. It's like I know I'm only on the first stage but I keep getting these thoughts:

What if it doesn't work?
What if this is all just a waste of time?
And so on and so forth...

Maybe this is resistance manifesting itself some sort of way. I'm not really sure. All I know is I've been feeling kind of down.

Sister and two nephews left for Tenessee yesterday. Mom went with them so I have the house to myself for the next four days.

All in all I don't really feel any different. Maybe I just need to be patient?

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - DavisMind91 - 05-21-2018

(05-19-2018, 09:27 AM)Antaeus Wrote: Don't know why but I'm feeling incredibly discouraged about my progress. It's like I know I'm only on the first stage but I keep getting these thoughts:

What if it doesn't work?
What if this is all just a waste of time?
And so on and so forth...

Maybe this is resistance manifesting itself some sort of way. I'm not really sure. All I know is I've been feeling kind of down.

Sister and two nephews left for Tenessee yesterday. Mom went with them so I have the house to myself for the next four days.

All in all I don't really feel any different. Maybe I just need to be patient?

Patience is key. I’ve just made it to the end of the core part of my am6 journey and looking back I’m glad I went through it without turning back

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Antaeus - 05-23-2018

Looking up some books about masculinity. Anyone familiar with Jack Donovan's work?

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Antaeus - 05-24-2018

Feeling angry about nothing in particular. Or something but I don't know what it is? Don't know. Just angry. Leaning towards cynicism. Literally just want to beat the sh*t out of somebody right now.

EDIT: The anger from earlier has subsided. But I'm definitely feeling a little down. Could be the weather though. We've had rain for quite a few days now.

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Greenduck - 05-25-2018

(05-24-2018, 09:27 AM)Antaeus Wrote: Feeling angry about nothing in particular. Or something but I don't know what it is? Don't know. Just angry. Leaning towards cynicism. Literally just want to beat the sh*t out of somebody right now.

EDIT: The anger from earlier has subsided. But I'm definitely feeling a little down. Could be the weather though. We've had rain for quite a few days now.

The anger can be from past events when you haven't set your boundaries or stood up for yourself when you should have. I saw a video yesterday with a psychologist who said that we will be the most angry with ourselves. Check out Spartan life coach on YouTube, a lot of good stuff.

When I get super angry I go to the gym or just into the woods throwing big rocks Into the ground, haha. Sometimes you need to get it out of your system.

(05-23-2018, 06:26 PM)Antaeus Wrote: Looking up some books about masculinity. Anyone familiar with Jack Donovan's work?

I read some reviews and I get the feeling it's a bit of a simplified book.

I myself am looking into reading this one - The way of the superior man

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/79424.The_Way_of_the_Superior_Man

Look at some of the reviews, maybe you find it intriguing as well.

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Antaeus - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 01:02 AM)Greenduck Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 06:26 PM)Antaeus Wrote: Looking up some books about masculinity. Anyone familiar with Jack Donovan's work?

I actually have it

(05-25-2018, 04:40 AM)Antaeus Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 01:02 AM)Greenduck Wrote:

I actually have it

What did you think about it?

David Deida actually has many great points in his book. That a man needs to live from his purpose, he also has many great points about handling women (if you have one in your life). There is a way I could describe it that's a downside but I feel like I'd be violating rule 4 if I did. I definitely think it's worth checking out though. I actually bought it seven years ago.

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - JCasterlin - 05-25-2018

I've read parts of his book Way Of Men. I haven't finished it though. I'm not sure I agree with what he says about men needing validation from other men. It goes against my whole reason for running AM6 in the first place. I have yet to come across any book on masculinity that I agree with. Which is probably a good thing as I'm not looking to emulate anyone

(05-25-2018, 08:24 AM)JCasterlin Wrote:

I've read parts of his book Way Of Men. I haven't finished it though. I'm not sure I agree with what he says about men needing validation from other men. It goes against my whole reason for running AM6 in the first place. I have yet to come across any book on masculinity that I agree with. Which is probably a good thing as I'm not looking to emulate anyone

Yea I can see what you're saying about that. A man shouldn't need validation from anyone in most situations at least. What I also don't necessarily agree with is his idea of men's need to be "part of the tribe" so to speak. But I do agree with the idea that a man needs strength and competence. I don't want to totally write him off though.

RE: Antaeus' AM6 Reboot Journal - Determined - 05-25-2018

(05-25-2018, 09:12 AM)Antaeus Wrote:

Yea I can see what you're saying about that. A man shouldn't need validation from anyone in most situations at least. What I also don't necessarily agree with is his idea of men's need to be "part of the tribe" so to speak. But I do agree with the idea that a man needs strength and competence. I don't want to totally write him off though.

David Deida is your best source. That man has simplified masculinity and femininity so easily for me.

If you're done with "The way of the superior man", "Blue Truth" goes straight to the core. Lots of little gems in it.

(05-25-2018, 09:46 AM)Determined Wrote:
(05-25-2018, 09:12 AM)Antaeus Wrote:

David Deida is your best source. That man has simplified masculinity and femininity so easily for me.

If you're done with "The way of the superior man", "Blue Truth" goes straight to the core. Lots of little gems in it.

So what does 'Blue Truth' cover that's different from TWOSP?