Subliminal Talk
Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) (/Thread-Antaeus-Pre-AM6-thread-questions-and-preparations)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-24-2018

Very well I'll experiment with this.

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-24-2018

Wait a minute...I just thought of something. When I say she and the baby are in the next room, are y'all thinking that she and the baby are right behind the door. Our rooms are not adjoined (is that a word btw?) like that. Because what I mean is that she and the baby are in the next room down the hall from me. They're not right there behind the door. Does this change anything?

Because I'm thinking this whole time "well damn, the audio would have to be pretty damn loud to reach down the hallway like that for it to be audible to them"

Cyanide, Benjamin, Shannon...what are your thoughts on this

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Steve_ - 03-25-2018

Lol I don't mean to be repetitive here but DO the experiment! Better yet, instead of a song use the masked track. If you can hear it from your bedroom in...wherever the baby is sleeping... then the baby will be able to hear the subliminal. You're making this much too complicated

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-25-2018

(03-25-2018, 10:49 AM)Cyanide Wrote: Lol I don't mean to be repetitive here but DO the experiment! Better yet, instead of a song use the masked track. If you can hear it from your bedroom in...wherever the baby is sleeping... then the baby will be able to hear the subliminal. You're making this much too complicated

Okay. I'll do the experiment on an off day when no one is home. And I'll report back with my observations.

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-25-2018

Yeah I was gonna say that too. That's why you calibrate with masked, so you know you can hear it from where you're listening.

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-26-2018

Ok so I just did the experiment and these are my findings.

I put the volume on my speakers at about between the 10 and 11 o'clock position (a little bit under 50%, probably about 30-40%) exited my room closed my door. Then I went into the room where my sister and the baby sleep and closed the door.

I was very surprised at how quiet the room was and in order to hear the audio if at all I literally had to put my ear up to the wall to hear it and even then it was veeery faint.

I still don't know if she has to get up to feed the baby but the best I can do is maybe sit down with her and explain to her what it is I'm trying to do. I think she is a very reasonable person and would be open to making some very minute arrangement if there would even need to be any made.

I don't know what you guys' opinions are on my findings but I would really like your input.

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Steve_ - 03-26-2018

From lurking the board for awhile, I think most people generally avoid disclosing that they listen to subliminals for fear of ridicule. I'm not necessarily suggesting NOT to say anything but... to potentially save you from an awkward conversation, I don't think its necessary.

To modify your experiment slightly, try the same thing but stand immediately outside your door. Can you still hear the audio? listening at 10 to 40 percent volume will still have an effect for you.

I'm fairly confident that you'll be able to play the subliminal at a low volume and it not be heard outside your room. Thats what I personally would do: use my phone, play at maybe 30% volume, point it towards my bed.

Cyanide, I've already had open conversations with my mom about using subliminals. She does not use them herself but she is pretty non-judgemental about the whole thing. My sister and I get along pretty well. I'm not sure how my sister would react to it, but I have mentioned in passing to her that I am listening to an "audio program" at night that I do not want the baby to be exposed to.

Maybe I don't even have to mention that it's a subliminal program but rather something to help me sleep. Either way I don't think she would judge me for it. She is my family after all.

Also I'm fairly comfortable talking about it with people close to me. I don't necessarily advertise it, it's more on a need to know basis.

Also cyanide you said something about using your phone. I use a flip phone not a smart phone. I use an old school iPod nano as the source of the audio with a pair of Creative Audio T10 speakers.

Soo sister doesn't seem to mind. Mom advises against it. I may just have to use headphones for two months :/

You know what? Fuck it! I'm gonna start April 1st with headphones and if it doesn't work then it doesn't work and I'll just have to wait two months until they leave. I think it's at least worth a try. I'm not gonna just put my life on hold.

I will find a way to make it work. No excuses.

RE: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-29-2018

Just bought some JVC clip on earphones. They should be easier to sleep with than my Bose QC15's. Plus I just realized I had made the mistake of using the Bose during my run of MLS (being that they are active headphones and the subliminals apparently don't work with them too well. So good thing I know that going into AM6.

I'm ready...so ready.