Subliminal Talk
Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) (/Thread-Antaeus-Pre-AM6-thread-questions-and-preparations)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-16-2018

Yea I guess my comment was a bit blunt the other day. I was reluctant to go into detail, but we had a lab day in my class the other day and I just so happened to be paired with one of the only two girls in our class. She's young (I've got about 10 years on her), and I would say very attractive.

Our instructor basically had us do research and find the manual for a particular PLC (programmable logic controller) and basically draw out a wiring diagram as per his specifications. These classes are designed to teach us how to figure out complex problems on our own. Which is not a bad thing but can be pretty frustrating at times.

To be fair, I think this girl was just frustrated about the task at hand, but she was a bit standoffish the entire time. So naturally me taking that cue didn't say much that entire time either.

Logically I knew that she was frustrated with the assignment as I was too. But somewhere deep down my subconscious mind was making it about me as a result of past experiences. I had always been shit with girls in the past due to my awkward nature (which I'm hoping AM6 will change), and even though I certainly was not trying to hit on her, the awkwardness still made me feel like a creep. It reinforced many deep insecurities. I'm aware of these insecurities however, so even though it got my wheels spinning a bit, I wasn't terribly upset by it.

If success with women comes with the package in AM6, then I'll gladly welcome those changes. But the situation I just described seriously gets me pumped up about AM6, especially, in this case, the "approval seeking destruction" component and the "little to no interest or concern with what other people think of you or what you do or say" component.

In short: for once in my life, I want to just not give a shit.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - DavisMind91 - 03-17-2018

(03-16-2018, 08:09 PM)Eplaisance1988 Wrote: Yea I guess my comment was a bit blunt the other day. I was reluctant to go into detail, but we had a lab day in my class the other day and I just so happened to be paired with one of the only two girls in our class. She's young (I've got about 10 years on her), and I would say very attractive.

Our instructor basically had us do research and find the manual for a particular PLC (programmable logic controller) and basically draw out a wiring diagram as per his specifications. These classes are designed to teach us how to figure out complex problems on our own. Which is not a bad thing but can be pretty frustrating at times.

To be fair, I think this girl was just frustrated about the task at hand, but she was a bit standoffish the entire time. So naturally me taking that cue didn't say much that entire time either.

Logically I knew that she was frustrated with the assignment as I was too. But somewhere deep down my subconscious mind was making it about me as a result of past experiences. I had always been shit with girls in the past due to my awkward nature (which I'm hoping AM6 will change), and even though I certainly was not trying to hit on her, the awkwardness still made me feel like a creep. It reinforced many deep insecurities. I'm aware of these insecurities however, so even though it got my wheels spinning a bit, I wasn't terribly upset by it.

If success with women comes with the package in AM6, then I'll gladly welcome those changes. But the situation I just described seriously gets me pumped up about AM6, especially, in this case, the "approval seeking destruction" component and the "little to no interest or concern with what other people think of you or what you do or say" component.

If you want to stop giving a damn then you have to simply start choosing to do so. It’s always simple but not always easy to do I admit. You’ll have to work that choice like a muscle until it becomes stronger, and then eventually a habit. What helped me is when I came to the realization that I was wasting my life caring about things I had no control over. Learn to take responsibility and accountability for only your own words, thoughts, actions, and emotions. Teach yourself to become detached from everything else. It’s fine if you can still feel compassion towards others but ultimately you can’t control them, and even if you could, you’d tire yourself out quickly.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-18-2018

(03-17-2018, 05:44 AM)DavisMind91 Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 08:09 PM)Eplaisance1988 Wrote: Yea I guess my comment was a bit blunt the other day. I was reluctant to go into detail, but we had a lab day in my class the other day and I just so happened to be paired with one of the only two girls in our class. She's young (I've got about 10 years on her), and I would say very attractive.

If you want to stop giving a damn then you have to simply start choosing to do so. It’s always simple but not always easy to do I admit. You’ll have to work that choice like a muscle until it becomes stronger, and then eventually a habit. What helped me is when I came to the realization that I was wasting my life caring about things I had no control over. Learn to take responsibility and accountability for only your own words, thoughts, actions, and emotions. Teach yourself to become detached from everything else. It’s fine if you can still feel compassion towards others but ultimately you can’t control them, and even if you could, you’d tire yourself out quickly.

Thank you for this. Perhaps AM6 will help me work that mental muscle as you say.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-22-2018

So some more questions:

1) Should I complete the two books before I start AM 6 or can I read them little by little during the run?

2) There are some things going on in my life that might get in the way of the sub. Most notably my homework load for the program I'm in. Is there anything in AM6 that will give me the push to continue with the sub despite all obstacles? Is there a time management component?

3) To what extent should I abstain from alcohol or caffeine during the sub? I'm not a heavy drinker alcohol wise but I do drink quite a bit of coffee. Should I just cut back or eliminate completely?

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - DavisMind91 - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 03:51 PM)Eplaisance1988 Wrote: So some more questions:

1) Should I complete the two books before I start AM 6 or can I read them little by little during the run?

2) There are some things going on in my life that might get in the way of the sub. Most notably my homework load for the program I'm in. Is there anything in AM6 that will give me the push to continue with the sub despite all obstacles? Is there a time management component?

3) To what extent should I abstain from alcohol or caffeine during the sub? I'm not a heavy drinker alcohol wise but I do drink quite a bit of coffee. Should I just cut back or eliminate completely?

Answer 1: why not read the books before and during?

Answer 2: The only thing that's gonna get in the way is you bro. I work, go to school full time, care for a child, and deal with an unstable marriage, yet I still have found time to listen for at least 8 hours every single day for almost 5 moths now. No excuses. If you want it then let nothing stop you from being relentless with your self-improvement. You can use Am6 while doing any activity.

Answer 3: For alcohol just keep consumption moderate. With coffee it depends. If you get aggressive when caffeine is in you then you're either gonna have to cut back or eliminate it. Your best bet is to experiment for your own sake.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-22-2018

(03-22-2018, 03:57 PM)DavisMind91 Wrote:
(03-22-2018, 03:51 PM)Eplaisance1988 Wrote: So some more questions:

Answer 1: why not read the books before and during?

Answer 2: The only thing that's gonna get in the way is you bro. I work, go to school full time, care for a child, and deal with an unstable marriage, yet I still have found time to listen for at least 8 hours every single day for almost 5 moths now. No excuses. If you want it then let nothing stop you from being relentless with your self-improvement. You can use Am6 while doing any activity.

Answer 3: For alcohol just keep consumption moderate. With coffee it depends. If you get aggressive when caffeine is in you then you're either gonna have to cut back or eliminate it. Your best bet is to experiment for your own sake.

Thank you for this. Answer 2 in particular was what I needed to hear. Just the kick in the ass I need. Smile

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-22-2018

Quote:So some more questions:

1. No need to delay, you can read them during.

2. Not that i'm aware of, it's mainly that you get into the habit of just pressing play each night and even if you feel like crap do it anyway. I don't think there's anything about time management, but since you can do other things while listening it's less of an issue.

3. AM doesn't use state shifting like 5.5g programs so it's less of an issue.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-23-2018

So my sister and two nephews will be staying with us during the next two months during their transition to Tennesee. My sister and the younger baby sleep in the room next door to me. I plan on using the masked track for the most part. Will it cause a problem if the baby is in the next room or would he literally have to be in the same room as me to be affected negatively by the sub? Just taking precautions here.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-23-2018

Anyone that's in hearing distance can be exposed, so for that it's best to use headphones for that time. Especially if there's a baby in the next room.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-24-2018

Even with the masked track? Also I should mention that the walls are pretty thick and you usually can't hear any thing in the next room. I asked my sister if she hears anything in the next room and she says no. My mom also had to sleep in that same room when she was laid up from her surgery and she says she doesn't hear anything. But I don't know.

If I should absolutely use headphones during this time are there any recommendations to be made about how to keep them on my head while sleeping? Because this is the main concern about headphones for me. And I can't afford sleepphones right now.

Any suggestions?

ugh. Then I'll probably have to wait until they leave. Shit...

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-24-2018

Yeah any track can still carry through. When I answered I was thinking of DMSI which is only 1 hour and 10 minutes. AM being 8+ hours makes it a little more difficult.