Subliminal Talk
Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) (/Thread-Antaeus-Pre-AM6-thread-questions-and-preparations)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Antaeus' Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-04-2018

So I have just completed a three-month block of MLS with some fair results. I will probably return to it in the future with more intensity and better preparedness.

Without further delay I have finally managed to procure a copy of AM6 and I have to say I am pretty excited to start. My understanding is that it is recommended to wait 3 weeks after finishing one sub before starting another. So for the time being I am taking a break and taking the time to ask any questions that I may have about AM6 and to take note of any preparations I need to make before starting. That is the purpose of this thread.

These are the preparations I have made so far:

-I have decided to print out the instructions for AM6 to keep on me for reference.
-I have all six stages saved on my iPod nano as well as my routines for each stage organized into playlists.
-I have prepared an "AM6 Calendar" to help keep track of the days that I start and finish each stage.
-During the course of MLS I have obtained a dual-jack headphone splitter, for those moments I have to get out of bed for any reason, so that I can continually listen without interruption.

(So the way this works is, I run whatever sub I'm running on one of the masked tracks through the night on speakers. But at one point I need to get up to: check the lock on the front door (I get paranoid about this sometimes); get a glass of water etc. My iPod is connected to my speakers via a dual-headphone splitter. So what I do is I have my headphones nearby on my bed. I plug my headphones into one jack while the other jack is still connected to the speakers, then I put my headphones on, then I disconnect the auxiliary cable connected to the speakers from the other jack. I get up to go do what I need to do, I come back to bed, reconnect the auxiliary cable back to the headphones splitter, remove my headphones, then disconnect my headphones from the splitter. Then I go back to sleep, with my sub still running.

I devised this strategy so that no matter what it is I have to get up for, or how many times I have to get up, and no matter how far away from my room I have to go on such occasions, I will always continually be listening to the sub. No pauses, no interruptions. If anyone has these same scenarios happen to them, I highly recommend getting a headphones splitter. They are only $7 and will make a world of difference. Especially if you are running a 5.5g sub.)

I will ask more questions as I go along. I have scheduled my first day of AM6 on April 1st. As I have said, I want to take some time to ask questions, make preparations and take note of any insight or advice anyone may have for me. I highly welcome it. Smile

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-05-2018

So my first question:

I am looking to improve my work ethic and motivation. Will AM6 help with this?

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-06-2018

Ok next question. In terms of the values and beliefs I hold now (I will not go into details as per rule 4), will I still retain those values and beliefs?

Good answers so far.

Also I've read in the instructions that I will tend to get into more arguments with certain people in my life. The only thing I worry about is getting into too many arguments with my mom, who I currently live with while I'm in school. Now to be honest, we don't give each other too much trouble. We have a fairly good relationship and actually for the most part we stay out of each other's hair. The only thing she expects of me is to pay my rent monthly to her and to do my part around the house, which is fair in my opinion. I just hope that while on this sub I don't turn into an asshole so to speak, or become unreasonable or overly antagonistic in any sort of way. Would you say I'm worrying too much or overthinking things?

How many runs have you done?

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-06-2018

It's not that it 'turns you into an asshole'.

It's that it makes you angry at mistreatment or manipulation that you either weren't aware of or that you were aware of but were ignoring. And that's part of you starting to stand up for yourself.

I got alot of that on the earlier versions, but the anger was what got me to stand up for myself where before I wouldn't. It built up enough to do so.

Also some people may get uncomfortable with the change and try to resist it and that can cause some conflict. But that can be part of any change.

Well as far as I see, she doesn't mistreat or manipulate me at all. My dad does to some degree though. I can foresee some big arguments with him. Good thing I don't live with him. Somehow I feel the results from this sub will be very interesting. But I'm having faith that it will have been worth the investment.

I wonder how I may start to handle people who try to clown on me. This has been a big problem I've had throughout the years.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-07-2018

AM helped me with that alot, i'd just start giving them shit back where I didn't before.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - DavisMind91 - 03-07-2018

(03-05-2018, 06:35 PM)Eplaisance1988 Wrote: So my first question:

I am looking to improve my work ethic and motivation. Will AM6 help with this?

It aims to do so subconsciously, you’ll have to be the one to conciously act on it.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-07-2018

That's pretty interesting. I have guys who clown with me in class but I know it's all good fun and it's never in a malicious way. But there were def times in my life when guys would do it to look cool or some shit. I don't think I'll encounter that as much anymore since I'm older, but then again there are some pretty immature adults out there who do it from what seems like a place of insecurity. That's what I wanna know how to deal with should it ever occur again.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-08-2018

Benjamin. I understand there is a sense of humor component in AM6. Would you say that this is what helped you give the other guys shit back or would you say it was something else in AM6.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Benjamin - 03-08-2018

Quote:Benjamin. I understand there is a sense of humor component in AM6. Would you say that this is what helped you give the other guys shit back or would you say it was something else in AM6.

That may be a part of it. But i'd say it's more the programming for assertiveness and to stand up for yourself that was more important for that.

RE: Eric's Pre-AM6 thread (questions and preparations) - Antaeus - 03-14-2018

I can honestly say, my case of caring too much what others think of me is painfully obvious to me. Can't wait for April 1st.