Subliminal Talk
Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem (/Thread-Freedom-and-Independence-an-Enquiry-into-Self-Esteem)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Greenduck - 02-02-2018

Hi man, how's it going?

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Darwinn - 02-13-2018

I've had glimpses of what it might be like to have genuine self esteem, and they made me think that maybe a healthy and sustainable self esteem is really what's missing and what I need. This Sub has confirmed that. I feel like I've learned the most important mode of being for living a good life through this Sub.

I was concerned that what I'd get is something that offers a fleetingly good feeling, instead what I have is support in the responsibility I have been prompted to take for my own life and well being. It seems like I have the tools now to weather almost anything, move beyond this and actually thrive. I'm far more productive at work, gaining new skills and abilities. I'm actually able to think and speak more clearly because I can manage the critic which held me back before. I have a new set of foundational values which I revert to when things get out of hand and my self image and esteem start dropping.

I genuinely feel like a few more months of this practice will leave me open to accepting other subs. I could never have fully adopted the subs that have come before because I had no reason to believe I deserved or warranted getting what I want - now with my values clear, I see no reason why I shouldn't merit everything I strive for, by virtue of the effort and commitment.

I would suggest to anyone struggling to get the best out of these subs to examine clearly whether your feeling worthy of change and whether your inability to take complete responsibility for your life (100% for everything, without reservation) is holding you back. If it is, then do this sub, learn and embed the lessons deep within. If it works how it's worked for me then it will take you to a place where you don't need Subs and you're good to face life, but you may choose to use them for support in your goals, and get the most of them with your volition and commitment.

People are better with me, doing things for me, and are more respectful - I could go on about all of the instances of this being displayed but it doesn't matter at all. What matters is that I am reconciled with myself or at least I have the tools to repeatedly do this now - and am ready now to move forward with my life.

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Chris P. Bacon - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 05:03 AM)Darwin Wrote: I've had glimpses of what it might be like to have genuine self esteem, and they made me think that maybe a healthy and sustainable self esteem is really what's missing and what I need. This Sub has confirmed that. I feel like I've learned the most important mode of being for living a good life through this Sub.

I was concerned that what I'd get is something that offers a fleetingly good feeling, instead what I have is support in the responsibility I have been prompted to take for my own life and well being. It seems like I have the tools now to weather almost anything, move beyond this and actually thrive. I'm far more productive at work, gaining new skills and abilities. I'm actually able to think and speak more clearly because I can manage the critic which held me back before. I have a new set of foundational values which I revert to when things get out of hand and my self image and esteem start dropping.

I genuinely feel like a few more months of this practice will leave me open to accepting other subs. I could never have fully adopted the subs that have come before because I had no reason to believe I deserved or warranted getting what I want - now with my values clear, I see no reason why I shouldn't merit everything I strive for, by virtue of the effort and commitment.

I would suggest to anyone struggling to get the best out of these subs to examine clearly whether your feeling worthy of change and whether your inability to take complete responsibility for your life (100% for everything, without reservation) is holding you back. If it is, then do this sub, learn and embed the lessons deep within. If it works how it's worked for me then it will take you to a place where you don't need Subs and you're good to face life, but you may choose to use them for support in your goals, and get the most of them with your volition and commitment.

People are better with me, doing things for me, and are more respectful - I could go on about all of the instances of this being displayed but it doesn't matter at all. What matters is that I am reconciled with myself or at least I have the tools to repeatedly do this now - and am ready now to move forward with my life.

I have experienced some of the same things with MLS.

Self-reconciliation between the conscious and the subconscious was a major step in the right direction for me. Neither part independent or overly dominant but working as a team relying on the strengths of both parts of me.

Good stuff!!!

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Darwinn - 03-04-2018

Oh Lordy. This god damn well of BS just never ends. There's seemingly no end to the subtle ways i can worm my way out of really going for the goals of this sub. I slipped back wholly into beating myself up and not permitting myself to have success. I have an ingrained belief that being visible makes me a target for destruction. I was also told recently that i have some unpleasant unhelpful entities mooching off me and causing me problems - I don't quite know what to make of it or what to do about it.

Anyway the moment i got back to the core principles and refreshed my own concept of what self esteem really means and why i want it handled things started happening again and piecing themselves back together. It's like i had to consciously tell my unconscious that this needs to happen regardless of what you think the price is. Get to it. My sub conscious is still not convinced though, and still cautiously executing within the bounds it thinks are safe; when the truth is having no self esteem is truely unsafe.

Also self esteem doesn't feel good because i end up horrified at how much i am wasting my potential in self doubt and fear, it's like live consciously in the knowledge that you have a lot to do in this world and you're not doing it, or go to sleep and peacefully watch netflix.

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - findingme - 03-06-2018

I admire your honesty. I'm on SE too, and the clearing is...........trying to pull out things I've held on to/clung to/lied about.....my entire life.

And accurate words: self esteem doesn't feel good, right now. A minor part of me craves it. I see now I'm going to have to kick through my mountain of bulls*** so I can breathe freely again. And thinking about it (my norm) is not at all doing anything about it. Thank god Shannon did the hard part: building a sub to kick out our BS.

For myself, I can do only one moment at a time. This BS is all I've ever known, and survived by.

Thank you Shannon for building this

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - fab10 - 06-07-2020

(01-05-2018, 12:35 PM)Greenduck Wrote: I have read some about chakras and your "symptoms" correspond with low energy in your root and heart chakra, and possible solar plexus chakra. There is a good book on this which is called - eastern body, western mind, it gave me some more understanding about my issues and what to do about them. Sounds like the self-esteem subliminal should help with repairing your heart chakra and possible your solar plexus and surface the emotions that need to be surfaced to have you back in business.

My general recommendation is "feel more, think less". You need to feel stuff you haven't felt and go through shit to come out on the other side. Thinking is just a way to avoid that. Doing meditation, some breathing-work like wim-hof and working with your body with for example trauma releasing exercises can help you get in touch with you emotions and release them.

Can you please recommend some practical resources for trauma releasing exercises? Maybe easy to follow videos? A search comes up with so much stuff that it’s hard to see the forest for the trees. 

RE: Freedom and Independence - an Enquiry into Self Esteem - Zubrowka - 06-07-2020

(06-07-2020, 09:52 PM)fab10 Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 12:35 PM)Greenduck Wrote: I have read some about chakras and your "symptoms" correspond with low energy in your root and heart chakra, and possible solar plexus chakra. There is a good book on this which is called - eastern body, western mind, it gave me some more understanding about my issues and what to do about them. Sounds like the self-esteem subliminal should help with repairing your heart chakra and possible your solar plexus and surface the emotions that need to be surfaced to have you back in business.

My general recommendation is "feel more, think less". You need to feel stuff you haven't felt and go through shit to come out on the other side. Thinking is just a way to avoid that. Doing meditation, some breathing-work like wim-hof and working with your body with for example trauma releasing exercises can help you get in touch with you emotions and release them.

Can you please recommend some practical resources for trauma releasing exercises? Maybe easy to follow videos? A search comes up with so much stuff that it’s hard to see the forest for the trees. 

Hi,

Here are some resources:

The book is a recommended read if you are interested: https://www.amazon.com/Trauma-Releasing-Exercises-David-Berceli-ebook/dp/B004S2CC7K

This video to understand how it work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67R974D8swM