Subliminal Talk
Occasional static on ultrasonic track - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Occasional static on ultrasonic track (/Thread-Occasional-static-on-ultrasonic-track)

Occasional static on ultrasonic track - jimjag - 01-03-2017

When I play the (Extreme Self Esteem) Ultrasonic Subliminal Silent mp3 on my iMac, I can hear the occasional, very faint crackle. I'm playing in iTunes with the iTunes volume set to max, and the iMac main computer volume set to only two or three (out of a maximum of 15 notches on the volume slider).

I can't find frequency response specs for the iMac, but it sounds pretty OK usually.

I've played the 20hz to 20khz test mp3 on the iMac and it seems to play fine. I can't hear anything beyond the 21 second point, but up to then it's perfectly OK.

Even though you're not supposed to, I even tried out a pair of Sennheiser Momentum Earphones (with the volume reduced to only 2). They have a rated frequency response of 15hz to 22khz. Though not totally accurate, they are pretty good earphones. But still I can hear the occasional faint crackling noise.

Is this faint crackle a problem, or shouldn't I worry about it?

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - maxx55 - 01-05-2017

I'm guessing the volume on the speakers is too high. Lower that volume but increase the volume from the iTunes Player to compensate. I had a similar issue, controlling volume from the source of the player worked.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - jimjag - 01-05-2017

Erm, I did mention that the volume on the iMac was 2 notches out of 15 notches total. That's already very low. I also mentioned that the iTunes volume was set to max.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - maxx55 - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 08:51 PM)jimjag Wrote: Erm, I did mention that the volume on the iMac was 2 notches out of 15 notches total. That's already very low. I also mentioned that the iTunes volume was set to max.

I missed that. Then you're probably fine. If anything, you can try another media player to see if you still here the static.

I hear a little less crackling on my iPhone than on the iMac. Even with the same earphones.

I think it might be an iMac problem or an OS X problem.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - fab10 - 07-08-2020

(01-05-2017, 10:22 PM)jimjag Wrote: I think it might be an iMac problem or an OS X problem.

For future reference, I recommend that anyone with a similar problem avoid the mp3 format altogether, it is not recommended anyway, and listen to the FLAC file with VLC, available for free for both MacOS and iOS. That works perfectly.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - Shannon - 07-08-2020

Setting the volume to max in any part of the playback chain can potentially cause crackling.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - rgrilled - 07-13-2020

(07-08-2020, 03:11 PM)fab10 Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:22 PM)jimjag Wrote: I think it might be an iMac problem or an OS X problem.

For future reference, I recommend that anyone with a similar problem avoid the mp3 format altogether, it is not recommended anyway, and listen to the FLAC file with VLC, available for free for both MacOS and iOS. That works perfectly.

Are we supposed to receive FLAC versions of our subliminals?

I only received mp3 for my AM6 order.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - Benjamin - 07-13-2020

FLAC is only with the newer programs, I don't remember exactly when it come in but AM6 was before then.

RE: Occasional static on ultrasonic track - rgrilled - 07-14-2020

(07-13-2020, 03:15 PM)Benjamin Wrote: FLAC is only with the newer programs, I don't remember exactly when it come in but AM6 was before then.

I see. Thanks for the clarification Ben