Subliminal Talk
DMSI V2.5 Testing - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: DMSI V2.5 Testing (/Thread-DMSI-V2-5-Testing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - apollolux - 10-30-2016

Tres leches donut??? Now I'm intrigued...

* apollolux looks up Doughnut Plant...

23rd Street?!?!?!?! There's been an awesome gourmet donut shop on 23rd street and I never knew about it?!?!?! I'm super disappointed in myself. Maybe I get too distracted by Barcade, Shake Shack, and the occasional Cosi whenever I'm in that neighborhood to have noticed?

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - Duke.Togo - 10-30-2016

(10-30-2016, 07:05 PM)apollolux Wrote: Tres leches donut??? Now I'm intrigued...

* apollolux looks up Doughnut Plant...

23rd Street?!?!?!?! There's been an awesome gourmet donut shop on 23rd street and I never knew about it?!?!?! I'm super disappointed in myself. Maybe I get too distracted by Barcade, Shake Shack, and the occasional Cosi whenever I'm in that neighborhood to have noticed?

I went to the one all the way down around Chinatown. It was amazing. AMAZING...

Another place you should absolutely check out is Pisillo. It's called Pisillo Panini, but, it's actually just regular sandwiches. It's an authentic Italian spot downtown by Fultun and Nassau. Their sandwiches will change your life...

And for Burgers, the best burger in NYC is on Gold Street at Felice. It's an Italian place, but trust me, their burgers are gold...

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - blackwing Z - 10-30-2016

Did you guys ever have bubba's burgers? Or whatever place that has burger u can put anything on it, like mozzarella sticks and what not?

Also kung fu tea in queens, bubble tea <3 no homo

(10-30-2016, 07:39 PM)blackwing Z Wrote: Did you guys ever have bubba's burgers? Or whatever place that has burger u can put anything on it, like mozzarella sticks and what not?

Also kung fu tea in queens, bubble tea <3 no homo

I think I had bubba's burgers once before. I have to double check.

Since you mentioned Mozzarella sticks... Food carts out at Rutgers University. They have some of the craziest combination of sandwiches on the planet.

But, another place is Hoagie Haven out in Princeton. I have friends who live out there and I will literally drive the 90 minutes just to get a Phat Lady. It's ridiculous the food places out there.

Haven't tried Kung Fu Tea yet, gonna check that place out.

Grace Street Cafe in KTown is a spot you should definitely check out if you want good coffee and such. They have awesome Korean donuts there too...

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - blackwing Z - 10-30-2016

Kung Fu tea is like CoCo tea place. I just go to get the Taro Slush with Bubbles (damn that sounds so girly haha)

Im more into Thai/IndoChinese food... Naanking, Curry Club.. I keep hearing TAO in manhattan is reallly good.

Man, when Im rich its gonna be hard not to get fat. I love food lol

(10-30-2016, 07:55 PM)blackwing Z Wrote: Kung Fu tea is like CoCo tea place. I just go to get the Taro Slush with Bubbles (damn that sounds so girly haha)

Im more into Thai/IndoChinese food... Naanking, Curry Club.. I keep hearing TAO in manhattan is reallly good.

Man, when Im rich its gonna be hard not to get fat. I love food lol

TAO is OK... It's more hype than anything else to be honest. There was this place down in Meat Packing that had a great combination of flavors of Malay, Thai, and Vietnamese. I forget the name right now as it's been years since I stepped into that joint.

If you go to LIC in Queens, there's a few really good Thai Places around there.

There was a legendary spot in LIC about 10 years ago called Lucky Mojo's. It was a Blues Bar that served Nobu Quality Sushi (the Sushi Chef worked at Nobu previously), Texan BBQ and Mexican food. The place was amazing. It was on this off street and they had a neon bulls head sign on the outside of the restaurant.

NYC had and still has many food gems. And hey, life's all about enjoying pleasures. Food and Sex are two of life's greatest pleasures.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - apollolux - 10-30-2016

I'm gonna have to reread the last few posts here when I'm not about to go to sleep, a bunch of new food places to try and I need to note them when I'm more awake!

Some suggestions from me: Murray Hill Diner on 34th and Lex has excellent bison burgers and HUGE monte cristos; Dom's in Soho has decent sandwiches, but are about as pricey as Lenwich and smaller, so YMMV; there's a hole in the wall dumpling spot just off Allen and Delancey (kind of a walk, tho), 8 dumplings for 5 or 6 bucks; Joe's Shanghai in Chinatown has the best steamed pork buns, got 8 out of 8 people I've taken there hooked on them; Yakitori Oh! Taisho on St. Mark's is a fantastic Japanese spot and has Jinro Korean vodka that will get you TIGHT. Just a few of my favorite spots I think are worth trying.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - apollolux - 10-31-2016

Well then. I just had the best non-cronut donut I've ever eaten in my life. That Tres Leches donut from Doughnut Plant is no joke, and in the trio I ordered I was surprised how close the Valrhona Chocolate donut came to topping it, though the Creme Brulee donut felt like a small Bavarian Creme with a crusty caramel top.

Thanks again, Duke, for opening my eyes to a new regular dessert spot!

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - Duke.Togo - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 06:45 PM)apollolux Wrote: Well then. I just had the best non-cronut donut I've ever eaten in my life. That Tres Leches donut from Doughnut Plant is no joke, and in the trio I ordered I was surprised how close the Valrhona Chocolate donut came to topping it, though the Creme Brulee donut felt like a small Bavarian Creme with a crusty caramel top.

Thanks again, Duke, for opening my eyes to a new regular dessert spot!

I'm glad you enjoyed this! I have a few other recommendations for you if you're down by the Financial District.

One place you have to try is Grace Street Cafe. Get any of their coffees and any of their desserts. You won't be disappointed.

Yakitori on St. Marks used to be one of my old haunts back when I was in college. I attended Parsons School of Design and pretty much every Friday I'd find myself either there or at Go Sushi. Sadly, Go Sushi is no more, went out of business a few years ago.

These days I'm mostly confined to Downtown Financial District for most of my food haunts. I'm planning on doing a discovery of unique food places again, starting with the Upper West Side.

One place I absolutely recommend you try is Sylvia's in Harlem. If you've never been, you must go!! Best Chicken and Waffles in Town, really good shrimp and grits too, and of course they serve Cherry Kool-Aid to wash it all down with!

I'll shoot you some more recommendations as I come across places and I'm hoping you do the same. We can turn my DMSI journal into a food crawl for NYC! Smile

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - apollolux - 10-31-2016

(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: One place you have to try is Grace Street Cafe. Get any of their coffees and any of their desserts. You won't be disappointed.
I love K-Town, and indeed found myself there once. Good stuff.

(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: Yakitori on St. Marks used to be one of my old haunts back when I was in college. I attended Parsons School of Design and pretty much every Friday I'd find myself either there or at Go Sushi. Sadly, Go Sushi is no more, went out of business a few years ago.
Ah, groovy. Yea, I used to frequent that area every week and to this day I still miss the New York Milkshake Factory and Crif Dogs. Shockingly, Video Games New York is still alive and kicking, though!

(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: These days I'm mostly confined to Downtown Financial District for most of my food haunts. I'm planning on doing a discovery of unique food places again, starting with the Upper West Side.
UWS is my jam. I'm finishing up at Hunter College and I'm thoroughly acquainted with the UWS between 59th and 86th.

(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: One place I absolutely recommend you try is Sylvia's in Harlem. If you've never been, you must go!! Best Chicken and Waffles in Town, really good shrimp and grits too, and of course they serve Cherry Kool-Aid to wash it all down with!
I have indeed had the pleasure of Chicken and Waffles from Sylvia's, it's what turned me on to straight-up honey (instead of honey BBQ) drizzled on/dunked by fried chicken. Amy Ruth's was pretty good, too, though one time they forgot the honey and I used caramel magic shell instead to surprising deliciousness.

(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)Duke.Togo Wrote: I'll shoot you some more recommendations as I come across places and I'm hoping you do the same. We can turn my DMSI journal into a food crawl for NYC! Smile
Hey, it's your journal, if you want to turn it into an NYC food crawl by all means! I'm mainly around Riverdale in the Bronx, though I often find myself taking walkabouts in the city (especially Chinatown and various parks) to find new eateries. Big Grin

Let me know if you need an egg cream spot.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - Duke.Togo - 11-06-2016

Day 24

Currently listening to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTup5mT4O-Q

The past three days I've taken a break from DMSI to hopefully process the programming. My brain's been in a strange place. I've also been tired since about day 14. This past week literally kicked my ass. This morning it physically came to a head with one of the worst headaches I've had in weeks, along with my body finally giving in. I couldn't keep any food down.

I had a slight headache yesterday too. But this morning it was a monster. I can't blame DMSI for it, but this was reminiscent of 2.3 when I first started it. I can only assume I must have processed something deep.

On the women front, some of the women I know are starting to respond to me again, and then there are other women also. 4Kings mentioned in one of his posts how we are probably oblivious to all of the attention we're getting, and I absolutely agree. I have friends pointing out the eyeballs I've been getting from women lately, while it's been completely lost on me.

There are so many things that have happened over the past 3 weeks since I started 2.5, that it's hard to get it all through over a few posts.

The one debate I see on here all the time relates to the effectiveness of DMSI and whether the program is meetings its objective.

I can only speak for myself, but I started thinking about some of my own past experiences. Now, my post can be biased because I live in NYC and because of that, culturally, people are different here than in some other cities I have partied in. So, some of what I state in this post needs to be qualified by the experiences of other NY'rs in the area, such as Aventus and Apollo.

Generally though, what I have found is that a woman will pursue or initiate you for sex, as long as you appeal to her base desires and instincts. Women aren't shy, hence I sometimes state in other posts that sex is fairly easy. But, and there is a but, I've found that my friends that do have a lot of success with women are easily approachable. They are charming and charismatic, and for the most part, slightly aloof. They don't try hard - I guess you could say they are naturally themselves. Not sure if they are naturals. In effect, women feel comfortable around them and after a few drinks, inhibitions go away. Things happen.

I read a question someone posted on Shannon's journal that if a hot woman were to come up to someone in a mall and ask them for sex, would they know what to do about it?

Honestly, if a really hot girl randomly came up to me in a mall and told me she wanted to f*ck me, the first thing I'd think is, is this chick going to drug me and steal one of my kidneys and sell it in the black market? That's just me though.

I have been trying to measure DMSI's effectiveness based on how I feel. Women pick up on guys that have a strong sense of self and are confident.

We all know this. But, I wanted to clarify how well the program had worked for me until now by interacting with someone who knows me well. So, Friday night I had drinks with one of my closest friends who I have known for almost 18 years and also happens to be a beautiful woman that I have had some amazingly fun times with in the past.

I asked her about whether she noticed any changes within me and I asked her about not only why she was OK with us hooking up, but also us gaming other women together. Her answers were interesting.

She said that women are generally careful of guys because the more attractive the woman is, the more she has to fear. She's lived through some pretty violent scenarios in her own past with guys stalking her, almost being raped, and just men coming on too strong.

Any time she's hooked up with a guy in the past, she's fielded him not so much on questions, but generally looked for reactions to measure out any red flags that may come up. So I asked her if those were shit tests, and she said yes. Depending on how a guy will answer the question or evade it, she gets a good idea of who he is. Hence, she may have just a one night stand if she's really attracted to the guy and it flows well, or she'll screen him through a few dates before making a final decision on where he fits into her world. Whether she sees him as someone that she would like to have socially as a friend (I found the way she described socially as a friend to be interesting) or if she may want something a bit longer term.

I picked up on the second point and asked her where that left us, since we are friends, but we also have sex on occasion with each other and sometimes add a third person (always a girl) in the mix. She said with me, she knew that I had a dark side and that was what interested her in the first place. She also knew that she'd be playing with fire, but, that I would never physically hurt her. Emotionally, would be another story. But most of all, she was comfortable with me because I don't judge her or her activities. If she sleeps with a guy, she'll talk to me about it and I'll listen and we can joke about that sort of thing. It's comfortable. She likes the open door policy that we have and the fact that I'm fairly even tempered and never flipped on her.

Now, again, she's been a part of the NY party scene for a long time and while I'm sure there are a lot of women out there that approach life the same way, of the many women I know, she's one of the few that takes this approach.

I bring this up because if people are starting to feel a stronger inner sense of self, I think that's the first stage of DMSI working towards the goal. That goal may take months (I don't think it will take years), to reach.

But with every version of DMSI that has been released and the new objectives added, I feel like the goal line gets closer. I read from one of Shannon's posts that he plans to add making it easier to allow for sex to happen.

That's a big one. Logistics of getting laid can get hairy if you don't have your own place or she doesn't, or if there are roommates involved.

You also have to be in a place where its easier for a girls defenses to go down and an actual hookup to happen. Hanging out on a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday nights if you're in NY) at a fairly active bar definitely increases the probability that you'll meet someone. Good conversation and a nice interaction creates a nice flow.

I read in Aventus's journal how the Asian girl he met at work was interacting with him. I think that general interaction is what ultimately will enable the woman to make that move to initiate sex in the first place, as the Asian girl aggressively stated that she'd bite both of Aventus's heads.

This is my long winded way of saying that unless you're a star with groupies following you everywhere, having some interaction with a woman may be a good first step to having a fulfilling night of sex. Also, having that interaction to build on, will only make the sex that much more intense.

I refer back to Chaos's 2.4 journal with the blonde. He had that personal interaction that escalated to a pretty intense and fulfilling night of sex for him and the girl.

I'm not sure if it would be the same had a girl just come up to a guy and said let's f*ck and then they do. For me, I know the intensity and passion wouldn't be there in a scenario like that.

Despite what I may casually post about how women are a distraction for me and sometimes just a hole to bang, the events that lead up to me having sex with them are typically when I cut loose and have fun. I relax. Hence, I state it as being a distraction because most of the time I am laser focused on work like objectives. I rarely detach from that mindset. So, while I have stated it as a distraction, it really is time I need to detach and just shut down.

Anyway, these were just some of my random musings while I was off of DMSI over the past few days and read some of the posts on others journals.

This is also my long winded way of saying that DMSI is definitely working for me. The friend mentioned that I seem more casual these days and a little softer.

I take that as a good thing. I've been hard for long enough of my life. And I've hidden behind the pain of something that happened 23 years ago and used that as a crutch for too long.

DMSI has the power to change you if you let it. And for me, change is the one thing I always welcome and consider the one constant in my life.

It's how I know I'm still alive.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - bits - 11-06-2016

Very well put Duke

Quote:She said that women are generally careful of guys because the more attractive the woman is, the more she has to fear. She's lived through some pretty violent scenarios in her own past with guys stalking her, almost being raped, and just men coming on too strong.

Very true, comfort and safety matters more to women than attraction, especially the really attractive ones because the world literally has a bullseye on their ass. The problem is guys think "comfort" means = beta nice guy with his hands in his pockets for 6 months until he has sex. The real problem is you can be a 10/10 to her but if she thinks you're shady, can't be trusted, you'll judge her, or will make sex a big deal she'll never go into a room alone with you.

Quote:Despite what I may casually post about how women are a distraction for me and sometimes just a hole to bang, the events that lead up to me having sex with them are typically when I cut loose and have fun. I relax. Hence, I state it as being a distraction because most of the time I am laser focused on work like objectives. I rarely detach from that mindset. So, while I have stated it as a distraction, it really is time I need to detach and just shut down.

I think women are a distraction, but in my book that's a good thing. Focusing on work/gym/studying/etc gets tiring. What better way to relax than to spend time with a hot chick and laugh at stupid illogical stuff that has 0 substance and maybe ends in sex? Way better than any video game or sitting on my ass watching netflix.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - Shannon - 11-07-2016

I was watching a review of Creed's Aventus earlier and it was by a woman. She said something that made a light go ff in my head for DMSI. She said it makes her feel like she is "safe and protected from everything except him" (the man wearing it). In other words, he is protecting her, but represents a sexual threat.

DING! That's going in DMSI.

RE: DMSI V2.5 Testing - Duke.Togo - 11-12-2016

Just a quick update.

I started DMSI 2.5 again just two days ago. Part of the reason why I took a few days off in the first place almost a week and a half ago was due to being physically tired and getting my ass kicked by the sub.

I then switched over to V1 for about three days and stopped that due to being physically wiped on that as well. I did V1 after only being off of V2.5 for four days, so my extra physical exhaustion may have just been a carry over from 2.5.

Anyway, started 2.5 again and this morning I have a dull headache. It's becoming apparent to me that something is being processed by me. I'm going to continue to power through because I feel like I am at a breakthrough. This was happening last week also when I stopped, and looking back now, I should have kept going.

But it's picking up right where it left off. Will update more when I get on the other side of this.