Subliminal Talk
My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext (/Thread-My-Subliminals-Context-Subtext-within-Supertext)

Pages: 1 2

My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-06-2016

I don't want to make this a journal of one single subliminal. Because I have several that I plan to use over the course of the next year or two.

I am not an every day poster. I prefer weekly-ish. It's like watching a friend on a diet. If you see them every day, you'r likely to miss something. But once a week, and you'll notice the changes.

Situation: I am a 48 year old man. Married for 20 years on 01 April 2016, with two children and a wife I love dearly.

Even when you are content, life has a way of beating you down, after a time, you feel like a "whack-a-mole" that just wants to stop the game and get off this crazy ride.

Look around you... mass media perfected the science of supraliminal/subliminal influence many years ago. For those of you who have children, or are young enough to remember, Disney is notorious for portraying fathers as idiots, disobedient children as heroic, and women as hawt, brilliant, and in charge.

When I say "get off this crazy ride," I'm not referring to suicide, but the desire to stop competing in the proverbial rat race. It's time to make some changes. Engage in a self-improvement regimine, and strike out on my own.

My background: When I was young and single, I was what you PUA's called "a natural." This comes from an innate sense of self confidence, nurtured in my by two loving parents who sacrificed much to take care of me and my two younger sisters. It was not until years later, when I joined the Marine Corps that the importance of the fact that mom & dad loved each other (even liked each other most of the time ;-) ) really hit home.

I spent nine years in the Marine Corps Infantry. It was like home to me. I got to travel the world, see things that most people cannot even imagine, and make good close friends (lost a few too, but we accepted this when we signed that blank check). After that nine years, I decided that I was tired of six and seven month business trips away from my bride. it was time to come home and grow old with her.

On marriage, relationships, and women: Even if you don't subscribe to the theories of Paleo-Masculinity, it is axiomatic that women will test you. Here are things I have learned (this list is not static):

Perception is everything: Did you ever watch the movie "The Incredibles?" There is a scene in which the hero is running from the villain, who has just dropped a high explosive charge on him, and then sent a drone to do the bomb damage assessment.

As Mr. Incredible (the hero) is searching about for a place to hide, he sees an odd pattern cut into the opposite wall. He shifts his position slightly, and the message became clear.

This "shift in position" required to help you see things clearly... is necessary for oh so many truths that we must learn in life.

For some, it is life experience, for others it is simply a matter of looking at something from a different angle. Usually, the shift required depends upon the degree to which we have accepted, internalized, and invested in a particular world view.

Case in point, learning the truth about history, helped me let go of ideas that were harmful to me... In my case, it all started with a little book called "A Century of War" by John V. Denson (everyone should read this book... especially former military men ).

I would that you learn from my mistakes.
  • There is no such thing as a "soulmate!" There are good fits, bad fits, good dates, bad dates, good mates, and bad mates. But NOWHERE does there exist "that one perfect someone for you."
    This is a crucial point that you MUST accept if you are to have any success at all with women.
  • Do NOT put a woman on a pedestal. I grew up in the American South. We (my family) are "verrah, verrah Southern." So this realization was as traumatic for me as learning the truth about history.
  • YOU (not her) are the "better half." Among the many lies of the de facto matriarchy, referring to women as 'our better half' is one of the most insidious and soul-killing lies out there. Research the term "solipsism" as it relates to human females.
  • If your woman asks you what you want, give a definitive answer, regardless of how small it seems DO NOT DEFER TO HER.

When your new wife/girlfriend says "what do you want to do about dinner?" Have a definitive answer! It sounds silly and stupid, but this is where it starts... Do NOT "play the gentleman" and defer to her, because (though she may claim it), that is NOT what she wants.

If you keep going down that road, you will end up an emasculated beta with no self-confidence, and no self-respect. Reject my advice here at your own risk.
  • YOU are "the boss" (not her) it pains me to hear men refer to their wives as "the boss." Why? Because women are [generally] incapable of leading or taking initiative.
    By way of example, see this Dutch version of "Survivor"

• We have a saying here in the South: "If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." This is a lie. Not just a lie, but a dangerous lie at that.

Women are emotional creatures who's nature is to nurture. Putting her at the center will cause confusion and disappointment. Why? because it will make her happiness a moving target that you will forever be chasing. Don't believe me? Have a long talk with any female friend. She will tell you that your typical woman does not know what she wants. The statement should more accurately be rendered "If Daddy ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."
  • Nice guys really DO finish last.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-06-2016

My first subliminal is Absolute Self confidence. Per the instructions, I committed to 32 days, beginning on Monday, 30 May 2016.

During the day, I use either my computer speakers to play the three variants, OR an Oontz Angle 3 XL (speaker) hooked to my Note 3 to play the silent sub. I have not tracked it, but I estimate a total exposure to be 18 Hours daily.

Today 06 Jun 2016. So far I have noticed several things:

Appetite - My appetite for carbohydrates has increased slightly.

For the last year, I have been using a Fitbit HR to track heart rate, calories, exercise, etc. I have also been conscientious about using the Fitbit mobile app to track my caloric intake. I will sit down this afternoon and look back over the last week to see if my caloric expenditure has been higher than average.

Edit: My caloric expenditure has not risen, as I track calories in. However, my carbohydrate intake has risen slightly (I don't know if it's enough to be statistically significant), and my carb cravings have increased enough to make me aware that they are there.

Mental - This is harder to pin down definitively. I "feel" improvement, but I cannot quantify it yet. It's like a shadow dancing at the periphery of your vision that you can glimpse... Yet, when you turn to look at it, you cannot see it.

More to come on this.

Physical effects - My average resting heart rate has increased 5 bpm during the week since I began using ASC.

Sleep - I find myself very, very tired by 10:00 PM. Several times I have dozed off in my office chair while reading something on the web (such as this fine forum). So, I go to bed, where I have ASC playing in silent mode on an Oontz Angle 3 XL all night long.

Each morning, I "spring awake" somewhere between 04:00 AM and 05:00 AM. Although I am a morning person, this has not been typical of me for some years (my wife is a night owl, and she has influenced me as such).

I will try to be more accurate in my tracking and quantification moving forward.

As soon as ASC has run its course, i'm going to try EPRHA 2.0. I think this may be of great benefit to me and my wife. Though she views subliminals as dimly as she views Chiropractors, whom she refers to as "quacks."

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - CatMan - 06-06-2016

Don't mean to derail, sir...

Just noticed you were in the USMC for several years. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

My Grandfather was in the RCN, in The Battle Of The Atlantic. I have the utmost respect for military men, they're the ones that make everything possible in our culture we take for granted without a thought. I pay the bill of whatever military man I see in public, their money is no good around me. It's the least I can do, for them watching over me and allowing me to have the freedom to achieve what I've achieved and more.

Thank you again, sir.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-06-2016

Thank you for your support! :-)

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Benjamin - 06-06-2016

Cool, good luck with ASC and EPRHA 2.0.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-07-2016

(06-06-2016, 04:14 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Cool, good luck with ASC and EPRHA 2.0.

LOL... What's hardest is following through on my commitment to get 32 days of ASC before beginning EPRHA 2.0. I have read a number of journals, from many perspectives... E2 seems tailor made for my needs at this stage.

ASC Day 10: quick note

While I still have not experienced any dramatic changes in any single area, my sense of well-being has improved across the board (save one).

It's rather like the gradual change of the tide coming in on a Pacific island. You fall asleep under a palm tree with a cool breeze blowing through your hair... hours later you wake up, and the feet of your deck chair are submerged

Temper, Temper!

Have you ever had a conversation with someone who was not there? No.... not an "imaginary friend," but a person who is part of your life?

For the last 2 days, I have been angry at someone close to me, and have had a running argument with this person in absentia over the way this person treated me or made me feel at different points in the past.

While I have not yelled (I almost never raise my voice), I have certainly been more pointed, more direct, less measured, and less "self-controlled" in my responses. As if an IDGAF attitude has begun to emerge in me.

Interesting.

Anyone else experience such things?

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - maxx55 - 06-07-2016

That's exactly what happened to me the first time I ran ASC. After you do E2, the anger effects will be gone if you ever do ASC again. At least that was my experience. Not to say you won't get angry but ASC won't "provoke" anger anymore.

(06-07-2016, 01:02 PM)maxx55 Wrote: That's exactly what happened to me the first time I ran ASC. After you do E2, the anger effects will be gone if you ever do ASC again. At least that was my experience. Not to say you won't get angry but ASC won't "provoke" anger anymore.

Well at least I'm not crazy alone lol. I'm glad to hear that the E2 has a mitigating effect on anger.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Benjamin - 06-07-2016

Quote:LOL... What's hardest is following through on my commitment to get 32 days of ASC before beginning EPRHA 2.0. I have read a number of journals, from many perspectives... E2 seems tailor made for my needs at this stage.

I feel you man. I was struggling so much to finish WM for the last 3 months of the program. But I got through.

Quote:Have you ever had a conversation with someone who was not there? No.... not an "imaginary friend," but a person who is part of your life?

For the last 2 days, I have been angry at someone close to me, and have had a running argument with this person in absentia over the way this person treated me or made me feel at different points in the past.

While I have not yelled (I almost never raise my voice), I have certainly been more pointed, more direct, less measured, and less "self-controlled" in my responses. As if an IDGAF attitude has begun to emerge in me.

Interesting.

Anyone else experience such things?

Yep, during AM mostly. Usually I found it was people who were manipulating me or treating me unfairly that before I either didn't really acknowledge it or ignored it and finally it built up the anger enough so I started to be assertive.

Usually it can start off like you explain but tends to even out after a while. Atleast with AM, I can't say with ASC as I haven't used it.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Breeze - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 02:35 PM)Jones Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 01:02 PM)maxx55 Wrote: That's exactly what happened to me the first time I ran ASC. After you do E2, the anger effects will be gone if you ever do ASC again. At least that was my experience. Not to say you won't get angry but ASC won't "provoke" anger anymore.

Well at least I'm not crazy alone lol. I'm glad to hear that the E2 has a mitigating effect on anger.

What is anger?

Full disclosure: Currently running E2.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-08-2016

(06-07-2016, 10:23 PM)LeonidasXVI Wrote: What is anger?

Full disclosure: Currently running E2.

Funny you should ask Big Grin It is an unfamiliar emotion to me.

Seriously though, in the last 10 years, the only person who has actually made me angry, is my son (now 12), who is... wait for it...

...just like ME. :idea:

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - Jones - 06-08-2016

Had a chuckle at my wife this morning.

I've been playing ASC masked throughout the day for 9-10 hours.
At night, I play ASC ultrasonic in the bedroom.

She has been exposed for just over a week.

This morning, she expressed her desire NOT to go to work, because she is "just so tired." Which is exactly how I have felt at the end of each day after listening to trickling streams and ocean waves in the background all day... Just completely wiped.

I should add that she doesn't buy into this "subliminal stuff," and when she asked me what I'm listening to, I tell her it's a subliminal self-help track... "you know, I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!" She just humors me and goes about her business.

RE: My Subliminals: Context & Subtext within Supertext - DisneylandUSA - 06-08-2016

Sounds great that you and your wife, laugh together about things. Good Joy in your Household Smile