Subliminal Talk
JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 (/Thread-JAKE-S-EHPRA-2-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 06:38 PM)bliss Wrote: I've never used Ultrasonics, so I'm not sure about issues related to that. I use masked as much as I can with headphones and the rest speakers. Maybe turn up the volume? I listen quite loud

So you manage to get 8hours masked in a day?

How do you listen to music or watch tv, because the masked has to be louder and this then can drone out whatever you're watching/listening to?

speakers with masked at night too?

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Bliss - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 09:46 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 06:38 PM)bliss Wrote: I've never used Ultrasonics, so I'm not sure about issues related to that. I use masked as much as I can with headphones and the rest speakers. Maybe turn up the volume? I listen quite loud

How do you listen to music or watch tv, because the masked has to be louder and this then can drone out whatever you're watching/listening to?

Min 11-12 hours, that's about 9 hours sleep and whatever I can fit in with headphones yeah. I read more than I watch so it's never been a problem.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 07-30-2016

(07-30-2016, 10:23 PM)bliss Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 09:46 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Min 11-12 hours, that's about 9 hours sleep and whatever I can fit in with headphones yeah. I read more than I watch so it's never been a problem.

doesn't the masked through your speakers keep you awake all night?

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 08-03-2016

Day 58 - 3rd August 2016

Results : No change noticed

Plan:

After some consideration I'm going to try and listen to masked via headphones more.

This won't be easy for when I'm out and about, as I don't wear earphones and listen to music outside so won't do it outside.

I also don't know how to walk around and have masked at a sufficient volume to both work effectively on me but to also not drown out outside noise as that is needed.

Listening with headphones will be easier with my wireless function of the headphones provided they don't break reception.

When I am seated at my desk at home I will listen to the headphones as much as I can connected into my laptop via cable but cannot guarantee this will always be the case and so may need to rely on the wireless function.

I don't think I can listen when I am studying as I want to play some "studying music" that I found online that has Binaural beats laced into them. This helps you relax and function for studying and I know binaural beats may affect this sub. Actually does anyone know if that is the case?

In reality I don't know if this headphone listening is or will be sustainable, for the following reasons:

1) When uni starts again I will be out of the house most of the day and only home in the evening before bed. Any listening then I can try but it won't be for longer than an hour here or there.

2) I won't get 1 hour or even 30mins alone where I can listen to the masked outside during uni, as its just unsociable and impractical.

3) The reason I came to this site was because these subs come in silent track. This makes it better and easier to fit into the normal day.

I will remain focused on trying to play the sub at night every day. I have missed this for a day here or there but I don't believe this is a big issue, considering others are seeing results within a few days and even with only using the sub a few hours a day even.

I can only hope:

A) The sub is working and I just maintain what I'm doing

B) Try and get in minimum 8hours a day now and thoughtout uni

C) Hope that restarting with the headphones will give me results that I can eventually notice.

I know people say that the results are subtle and designed not to be noticed, and that when I look back at myself in a few months to a year Ill realise I'm a different person. I know that people also say they are noticing obvious results within a day or so of beginning the sub.

I feel I'm confused because I'm holding on for change and I'm definitely not noticing any change so I'm not in the 2nd group of people but just hope I'm changing and wish I knew it.

thanks for reading

UPDATE:

Well while typing the above journal entry, my mum was calling me and I couldn't hear the phone because I was playing masked haha.

Eventually I heard, took the headphones off and answered the call.

As far as I remember, starting to listen to tracks from different points from where you stopped is still okay isn't it?

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jones - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 04:04 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:
Day 58 - 3rd August 2016

Plan:

After some consideration I'm going to try and listen to masked via headphones more.

This won't be easy for when I'm out and about, as I don't wear earphones and listen to music outside so won't do it outside.

I also don't know how to walk around and have masked at a sufficient volume to both work effectively on me but to also not drown out outside noise as that is needed.

Listening with headphones will be easier with my wireless function of the headphones provided they don't break reception.

When I am seated at my desk at home I will listen to the headphones as much as I can connected into my laptop via cable but cannot guarantee this will always be the case and so may need to rely on the wireless function.

I don't think I can listen when I am studying as I want to play some "studying music" that I found online that has Binaural beats laced into them. This helps you relax and function for studying and I know binaural beats may affect this sub. Actually does anyone know if that is the case?

In reality I don't know if this headphone listening is or will be sustainable, for the following reasons:

1) When uni starts again I will be out of the house most of the day and only home in the evening before bed. Any listening then I can try but it won't be for longer than an hour here or there.

2) I won't get 1 hour or even 30mins alone where I can listen to the masked outside during uni, as its just unsociable and impractical.

3) The reason I came to this site was because these subs come in silent track. This makes it better and easier to fit into the normal day.

I will remain focused on trying to play the sub at night every day. I have missed this for a day here or there but I don't believe this is a big issue, considering others are seeing results within a few days and even with only using the sub a few hours a day even.

I can only hope:

C) Hope that restarting with the headphones will give me results that I can eventually notice.

I know people say that the results are subtle and designed not to be noticed, and that when I look back at myself in a few months to a year Ill realise I'm a different person. I know that people also say they are noticing obvious results within a day or so of beginning the sub.

I feel I'm confused because I'm holding on for change and I'm definitely not noticing any change so I'm not in the 2nd group of people but just hope I'm changing and wish I knew it.

thanks for reading

I don't know if it will work for you, but I have found that listening via a bluetooth headset (Photive BTE-70) connected to my phone (Samsung Note 3) works well when you're out and about.

These days people are accustomed to seeing others with earpieces (though your professor may ask you to remove it in class).

Additionally, the sound of the waves or water doesn't need to drown out everything else. It just has to get into your head.

I can set the volume at #3 and watch TV or take the dog for a walk. In my case, even a volume setting of #5 is not too high to engage in casual conversation.

(08-03-2016, 04:27 AM)Jones Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 04:04 AM)Jake2015 Wrote:
Day 58 - 3rd August 2016

Plan:

I can only hope:

thanks for reading

I don't know if it will work for you, but I have found that listening via a bluetooth headset (Photive BTE-70) connected to my phone (Samsung Note 3) works well when you're out and about.

These days people are accustomed to seeing others with earpieces (though your professor may ask you to remove it in class).

Additionally, the sound of the waves or water doesn't need to drown out everything else. It just has to get into your head.

I can set the volume at #3 and watch TV or take the dog for a walk. In my case, even a volume setting of #5 is not too high to engage in casual conversation.

Thank You Jones.

The concern I have is not having E2 loud enough (masked) so that it goes in. When I experiment with it, sometimes I can hear the masked and think its okay and other times no so lower the tv show or music I'm listening to (if indoors) and turn the masked up a bit.

I just want it to work

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 08-04-2016

Day 59 - Thursday 4th August 2016

Results: Obviously nothing still

The purpose of this post is as an Update.

New Strategy:

I was heavily reliant on Ultra Silent Track. This is what I was playing mostly at night and day time.

Its easy and helps with not interfering with life.

However as I'm hoping this sub is working but not noticing any results at all, results such as (change in mood, behaviour or tiredness from consistently listening), I therefore went with the advice of one of the members here who has suggested I try Ocean Track.

So I have been for the past 24hours been playing Ocean Track via headphones, and via laptop speakers and even at night.

I have terrible sleep issues (not sleeping till 3am-4am and waking till 12pm-2pm) so no idea if it kept me awake or not.

Either way I have to try something so going to continue with this and wanted to update the journal.

As always please feel free to advise after reading my journal from the start and helping me out.

thanks

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Spareness - 08-09-2016

Jake,

Stay motivated! even if you have not seen any results. I saw some members here who use a program, after some time did not see results, but then BAAM! they start to see results.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 08-10-2016

(08-09-2016, 08:10 PM)Wahyu Wrote: Jake,

Stay motivated! even if you have not seen any results. I saw some members here who use a program, after some time did not see results, but then BAAM! they start to see results.

Wahyu thank you very much!!!

I have to admit past few days I lost the motivation/desire to play the sub at night via my speakers and during the day also was not so uptight about listening via headphones etc but will try to focus on it more because what you said has energised me to keep going so thank you very much!

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 08-22-2016

Day 78 - Tuesday 23rd August 2016

Results: None

Experience: Ive not maintained minimum 8hours and some days not listened and wondered if this would help but no, so I'm back to getting atleast 8hours a day.

Question: I am listening to the MP3 tracks that came with the download. There was something else though called Flac, what is that and would that be better?

Thanks

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - apollolux - 08-22-2016

FLAC is lossless compression while MP3 is lossy compression. The boost in quality as a result of retaining 100% of audio data instead of 98% or so the way Shannon does it is so minimal it's only worth using if you actually have a player that can open FLAC files.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Bliss - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 09:02 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:
Day 78 - Tuesday 23rd August 2016

Results: None

Experience: Ive not maintained minimum 8hours and some days not listened and wondered if this would help but no, so I'm back to getting atleast 8hours a day.

Question: I am listening to the MP3 tracks that came with the download. There was something else though called Flac, what is that and would that be better?

Thanks

Absolutely NO results whatsoever?

Record a video of yourself right now, then film another in a months time and compare. I'm sure you'll notice a difference.

RE: JAKE'S EHPRA 2.0 - Jake2015 - 08-22-2016

Yeah none I don't feel any different or anything.

I still feel the same as I did when I started, I have the same worries, anxieties and fears and concerns etc.

Record myself, just talking into the camera you mean Bliss?

and what about the flac please?

thank you