Subliminal Talk
Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! (/Thread-Entrepreneurship-On-Steroids)

Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 04-19-2016

Finally, I took the decision to give it a try to BASE 5G.

Last year, I started an IM activity which gives me a pretty good monthly income and pushed me to quit my current job from June. I will be officially on my own for the first time in my life.

So, I need a lot of self-motivation, self-organization, self-support, self-coaching as I'm pretty sure it will be a big adventure.

I already envision a second, third and fourth activity to earn money from, and I'll be pretty busy. Hopefully, efficient as well/hell.

There will be no remarks regarding my monthly income, about the activities I'm involved, etc. My primary focus will be mainly on internal effects. External effects non-related to entrepreneurship will be mentioned only if they are mind-blowing for me. As well, I will post twice per stage at best.

The usage will be 10h/day, mp3, trickle stream.

Wish me luck! I wish you luck!

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - Benjamin - 04-19-2016

MidnightMadness, that post or negativity isn't needed.

Anyway Zen, good luck on BASE.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 05-22-2016

Stage 1, Day 32

It was an emotional rollercoaster.

1) I don't remember having such intense dreams on dying as I had in the first two weeks - me dying, dead bodies, coffins, tombs, etc. I even had a dream with one of my favourites Internet Marketers how he died, his body was in putrefaction and about to be buried. Net day, I felt sick and disgusted to go to sleep.

This shit stopped after two weeks, yet I still feel this fear that I will die and that I didn't do much with my life (or at least this is what I think about it).

2) I have a lot of compassion for my competition or people who have success in general.

I wasn't a hater before, yet I was quite jealous when I heard that someone succeeded in something. Now, I am quite happy in these situations. Also, I think I am calmer.

3) I hate paperwork from the button of my heart, no matter how important it might be. Despite this, I started to keep a fitness journal recording everything I'm doing at the gym.

Speaking about that, I don't remember having such a MASSIVE drive for working out. This week, I hit gym 5 days in a row doing serious stuff.

4) I enrolled in the Ramit Sethi's The Call to Action - copywriting course. One year ago, I didn't even think of the idea of paying such amount of money for an online course, no matter how valuable it might have been. Now, things have changed.

I don't want to make a career in copywriting. I just want to use it in my business and reach this level -> "it's ok, now let's move on". No mastery level, studying intensively, etc.

5) I need to put a balance in my life and have room for personal stuff. I want to make real money, provide value to my niche(s) but not at the expense of beautiful moments that pass away.

Around 60% of my time will be spent working on my business. There will be periods of hyperfocus alternating with periods of relaxation.

6) General business - 1

I reached this idea that I need to focus on one activity at a time until I master it. There is plenty of space for improvement, and I have solid plans for the next months to work on.

7) General business - 2

Before starting BASE, I joined an expensive IM, which has the potential for revenue. The big downside is that I depend on their platform. Of course, I can start building mine, but it's too technical, time-consuming and it will be in conflict with my principle of having some balance in life.

Since last Thursday, their platform was hacked. The week that comes I will take the decision if I ask for a refund or not.

8) Despite my shitty dreams and internal fear, surprisingly my confidence is up and stable.

9) Off-topic

I find it stupid to think or analyze this, but I receive a lot of looks from women in the street. Once I had to check my face thinking I have some food left Smile))

There are times when I feel charismatic and the respect from people I interact with.

------

Starting June 1st, I will be unemployed and happy to pursue my dreams Smile

I think I will post more often as I find it hard to remember what happened in the last 32 days and write it down in a logical and comprehensive manner.

All the best!

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - Shannon - 05-22-2016

Unemployed? Or self employed? Wink

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - Benjamin - 05-22-2016

Quote:Unemployed? Or self employed?

hahaha I don't know why I found that so funny.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 06-24-2016

Stage 2, Day 32

Three words for this stage - negativity, anger, envy - at ninja level.

I don't remember having such an intense month - I was like an emotional nuclear bomb. Now I was happy with myself, two minutes later I hated everyone including myself.

Bad dreams, terrible, intense and weird. At least they weren't related to death&co. like the 1st stage. Overall, my sleep quality severely decreased since I started BASE.

I think I lost control of my reactions, my decisions. The drive to go to the gym dropped a lot; I'm lethargic most of the time, e.g. I spent the last weekend watching movies, etc.

My self-esteem and inner confidence declined, many things I thought were solved popped-up in my mind. I hated everything related to my body, my looks, the place I'm living, my accomplishments, my friends, and so on.

Still, despite this emotional downside, I continued with my so-called business (I will call it business when it starts to generate revenue).

Business Side

My website is almost ready. It took me three weeks to have it in place exactly the way I wanted. I started from absolute zero as I had no previous experience with Wordpress and the theme I'm using. Plus, I was picky about the design, so I did a lot of trial and errors.

I'm super happy with the result, and my friends who have seen it told me it looks very professional. Now, I only need to start writing exceptional content to stand out and generate traffic. If everything goes well, from September I should start making the first sales.

Off topic

I reconnected with someone who made a definite difference in my professional life three years ago. Last year he deleted me from his Facebook list due to some differences in opinions - it was quite childish from both parts if I look retrospectively. I don't know if this reconnection will bring something as we live in different cities, but I'm genuinely happy for this. Again, he helped when I least expected and he didn't have any particular interest.

In the first two weeks of this month, I received intense looks from women everywhere I went. Maybe it was because I had a new expensive haircut and was wearing nice clothes most of this time. Anyway, the reactions from women were incredibly positive.

That's it for now. Looking back, I think I will stay with one post per stage. It helps me see things objectively.

Best!

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 08-01-2016

Forget to mention two things from Stage 2:
- it gave me a lot of clarity - I refunded the expensive IM I bought because it was in a different niche, too complicated to learn, and I chose to concentrate all my efforts on one single thing.
- I'm listening only the FLAC files with a new pair of headphones.

Stage 3, Day 36.5

Overall a great stage, I was more emotionally balanced and solid.

The first two weeks were mind-blowing. Starting day one, I felt how powerful this subliminal is.

It's hard to explain this even in my native language - for every situation which typically triggered a negative response from my side, "something" inside my head changed my state smoothly into peace, happiness, detachment. In general, I believe in Shannon's work. Still, this stage was the first clear response of how powerful this subliminal can be.

Unfortunately, things got balanced a little bit - the positivity and equilibrium of this stage with my impulsive/slightly negative personality. Still, I'm far better emotionally speaking than when I started this sub.

This led to thinking that I will alternate BASE with EPHRA 5.5G until Shannon releases a new version of BASE or BAMM (probably it will happen in two years time - 2019.)

Business Side

Things go well.

1) I have a new stream of income related to my niche. It's not something extraordinary. However, it has a real potential to move from ok to nice. The target is three months until I make a specific amount of money.

2) The business which gave me a lot of revenue last year is flat at the moment. It severely decreased during May, yet recently I found several ways to increase it.

3) The blog is doing ok. I'm creating content, I'm getting positive comments, the list is growing slowly, all fine for the moment.

My strategy is to grow organically, and I have a lot of things to learn. The target audience is composed of high-level profiles. Therefore they won't buy impulsively.

Reputation, personal image, quality content are equally important and a lot of work is involved. Probably in September / October, I will perform the first tests to examine their buying reactions.

4) A lot of ideas occurred on how to make things better, work more efficiently, implement processes/checklists related to my daily activities.

Now I understand why corporations work in a specific way, and I'm trying to replicate that at my level.

It helped as well a book I read last year, and I remembered about it recently - E-myth. Highly recommended and the ones who read it will understand what I'm talking about.

5) For the next three months, until the end of BASE, I will implement a new way of working. Probably I will mention something about this at the end.

Off topic

1) This subliminal is not just about money itself. A lot of shifts in my personality and line of thinking occurred recently, and I'm pretty sure those changes are due to the harsh times from Stage 1 / 2.

I start to think like a business person.

What I like the most, among many changes, is the way I relate to others. Unless I care about them, I am usually more carefree, detached, "get the f$ck of my way," everyone is responsible for his life (as long as he lives in a free society, is mentally/physically healthy and not vulnerable).

I tend to give less and less advice, and I want to push this even further. A lot of people don't want to take good advice, they just want to speak about themselves, and unless I care, I don't want to hear any sh$t.

2) Women side - I will not make any reports. This sub works well in this department. Of course, some time needs to be allocated.

3) I will move to the capital of the country I'm living. Probably in max one month everything is done. There are a lot of reasons for this decision, and I credit the change to this sub.

That's all for now!

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 09-05-2016

Stage 4, Day 38

I had to stop at Day 36.5, but for an unknown reason, I went one day and a half more with Stage 4. Hope this doesn't mess with the overall programming.

=======

I cannot sum up this stage; I don't have any clear idea of its purpose in the bigger picture as I had with the previous stages.

My mind is cluttered, I'm disappointed with many things, my work ethics seriously decreased, I'm not productive at all, I'm procrastinating in big style.

Internally, I'm still craving for things to be done in my way, and asap.

Overall, my revenue increased, but my motivation to do the work was severely affected - I don't feel the drive to continue with my blog though I put a lot of work on building my list.

So, I'm quite disappointed.

It's funny as I don't have any reason to feel that way:
- I recently moved to the capital city of the country I live in;
- I stay in a studio that's it's similar to a top hotel, the place is a waw from many points (though the rent is super high);
- my revenue slightly increased (but it's mostly due to the market - people are back from holidays);
- I'm free from many points of view etc.

Again, I cannot draw any conclusion, and I want to forget this stage asap. Ironically, I miss the first two shitty stages of BASE - at least I understood their meaning.

Anyhow, nothing meaningful to report.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 09-27-2016

Stage 5, somewhere in the middle

Last week, I decided to stop BASE due to some changes in my life that prevented me from running the sub regularly.

Anyhow, it was a nice ride with ups and downs. Yes, I didn't finish the whole set, but I got a solid picture of the BASE effects in my life, what it delivered and where it failed.

Pros:

1) Huge changes in mindset, from an entrepreneurial point of view. I think differently, I'm more harsh, bold, determined, I believe that the whole world is mine, that I can accomplish huge objectives. Sometimes I'm a little megalomaniac.

2) Before running BASE, I had important decisions pending on my mind that I had to make. I was afraid, and I was scared. Here is where BASE kicked in. It made the transitions smoothly, and I thank Shannon for that.

3) I'm no more sexually insecure. I have no idea how business and sex relate within BASE, but yes, I'm stronger with women, and without much or any sexual shame. During BASE, I was shadowed a lot, or I think I was, by women. Sometimes I received huge IOIs, other times I was like inexistent. But some of my recent experiences showed me that this "shadowing" was mostly in my mind. Often it was a question of - to act or not to act?

Where BASE failed:

1)lack of productivity
2) lack of motivation

This combo, productivity and motivation, is a nuclear bomb that can affect a business life.

I didn't feel any improvement in my productivity and motivation. Quite the contrary. During stage 4 and partially in stage 5, I was serene, thinking I have everything in the world, I deserve everything, I'm a multimillionaire, I can afford everything, etc. Ok, it was good, but it scared me a ton because when I looked closely at my daily tasks, I had shit to do which was crucial.

That's a third weak point of BASE - I felt it imposes an external program in my mind, it transforms my personality according to with some particular, super strict script.

Nothing against that.

But I felt that this script doesn't adapt to my current condition. Ok, it's good to think big, like a multimillionaire, but hey, there was some work to be done around me. And this is just a small example of what I experienced.

To sum up, I consider these four months and a half a good investment. I will come back either to BASE 5G somewhere in the future or when an improved version will be released.

Specific results:

I cannot say anything about money related results. It wasn't the purpose of this journal.

When I started BASE, I had just quitted my job; I was scared as shit and with the business already begun one year ago being flat at that moment.

Now, I moved from a small and annoying city to the capital city of the country I'm based, to a super nice studio (and super expensive), with my business currently running up, and with a strong perspective of starting a new one shortly. Bonus: the sexual part is quite solved with a huge improvement from where I started.

What's next?

I will focus solely on the business started last year. No more subs or other personal development stuff for a while. Just grinding and having fun with my life. A lot of activities need to be done, and I cannot afford any megalomaniac thinking at the moment.

Also, I will start a new business somewhere this autumn with some visible results in early 2017. This new decision was pending on my mind for some months, and BASE helped again to make the decision smoothly.

P.S. Interesting fact, this week I feel that my motivation is kicking in again. Hope with it the productivity will come in big style.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - ffaux - 09-27-2016

(09-27-2016, 11:11 AM)zen Wrote: I didn't feel any improvement in my productivity and motivation. Quite the contrary. During stage 4 and partially in stage 5, I was serene, thinking I have everything in the world, I deserve everything, I'm a multimillionaire, I can afford everything, etc. Ok, it was good, but it scared me a ton because when I looked closely at my daily tasks, I had shit to do which was crucial.

I will focus solely on the business started last year. No more subs or other personal development stuff for a while. Just grinding and having fun with my life. A lot of activities need to be done, and I cannot afford any megalomaniac thinking at the moment.

This sounds like fear based resistance to me. I believe you have a fear of letting go of control and letting it all happen by itself. I hypothesise that you believe that if you don't take action it will lead to negative outcomes and that you're afraid that letting go of your wantingness for money will lead you to have no money. Both these thoughts and similar thoughts are just fears. Based on my personal experience you're probably about to realise that you've been wasting your life focusing so much on money and that's a pretty scary thing to admit to. Keep going my friend, finish BASE and let the chips fall where they may--you don't need to be the originator of all of your success and wealth in order to be a successful entrepreneur.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - zen - 10-03-2016

(09-27-2016, 02:55 PM)ffaux Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 11:11 AM)zen Wrote: I didn't feel any improvement in my productivity and motivation. Quite the contrary. During stage 4 and partially in stage 5, I was serene, thinking I have everything in the world, I deserve everything, I'm a multimillionaire, I can afford everything, etc. Ok, it was good, but it scared me a ton because when I looked closely at my daily tasks, I had shit to do which was crucial.

This sounds like fear based resistance to me. I believe you have a fear of letting go of control and letting it all happen by itself. I hypothesise that you believe that if you don't take action it will lead to negative outcomes and that you're afraid that letting go of your wantingness for money will lead you to have no money. Both these thoughts and similar thoughts are just fears. Based on my personal experience you're probably about to realise that you've been wasting your life focusing so much on money and that's a pretty scary thing to admit to. Keep going my friend, finish BASE and let the chips fall where they may--you don't need to be the originator of all of your success and wealth in order to be a successful entrepreneur.

Hey man!

I agree with your thoughts and thanks to BASE I made it possible to get super detached from my current work, maybe too much I must say.

From my experience with this sub, BASE is made to be like a journey. This is good, of course, but that journey might not match exactly my current reality of business. October, November, and January are KEY months to my business. And I cannot afford to leave this behind just because I listen to a script that makes me too dreamy or detached or whatever.

In my way of seeing things, entrepreneurship is about RESULTS. Everything else is secondary. You get results by being motivated and productive.

To sustain this super energy, of course, you will need some periods of rest, of recharging your batteries, of detachment. But these should not influence in a negative way the purpose for your business - RESULTS aka. MAKING MONEY by providing some form of value.

Every successful entrepreneur thinks this way, even Elon Musk and other visionaries like him. Before being able to construct and implement your vision, you need money in one form or another. You could read the autobiography of Musk and you will be surprised of his way of thinking. It has nothing to do with the shiny presentations he gives to the general public. Quite the contrary.

I'm profoundly thankful for having run BASE, even incompletely as it was - it changed a lot of personal beliefs, it brought manifestations into my life, it changed some parts of my personality. But I will NEVER use BASE to improve my daily operations.

I see BASE as a high-level MENTAL COACH - it helped a ton with the changes I had to make. But only as this level, as a mental coach, not an aid to increase my productivity and motivation.

If I think closely, I'm super happy that I didn't run this sub last year when I was hyper-invested in my business. I am 100% sure I would have never achieved the results I've got. That doesn't mean I will never run it again in the future. In fact, I'm considering it somewhere next year when I want to focus more on strategy, marketing, outsourcing but not creating content anymore. I think BASE might play an important role in some of the decisions I'm about to make.

Again, technically it's impossible to continue running as I cannot be consistent until the very end because of some changes that appeared in my life.

RE: Entrepreneurship On Steroids! - Raykon - 10-03-2016

Personally Base 2.1 was one of the best things to happen to me. And I didn't even go past stage 3. It's an amazing subliminal can't wait till i'm ready to rerun it.