Subliminal Talk
Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal (/Thread-Spiral-s-Sex-Magnet-2011-journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - RainbowAbyss - 01-10-2012

I'm not gonna lie, I fall into hardcore homebody phases-its fun sometimes but in general really not very fulfilling. I know that the only thing really stopping me from being exactly where I want to be is laziness/lack of motivation. I feel the level where I am at and just allowing myself to be as lazy as possible and the more I let myself do that there more I feel an openness to move foward and a motivation for change-sometimes things have to run there course. I really don't mean to forum coach you-I just really wanna see everyone succeed here since I now how painful some of this shit can be and how good the flip side can be.
I would say go for it with the Colorado thing..but I don't think you will right now cause that's fucking scary and difficult to uproot and just go and you've got some fear issues to work out. (That's a challenge Smile lol) I say as long as you believe that what's ever holding you back is in you-and your mind-not in the outside world-your half way home to whatever reality you dream of.
can I ask what do you do for a living? Perhaps you could relocate through your job to another area.
I think after all our second runs on SM we should all get motorcycles and form a bike gang (Son's of Subliminals) and go cross country laying debauchery along the wayside.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Shannon - 01-10-2012

Quote:If I could though.. I would quit my job right now.. drive out to Colorado, buy a motorcycle.. ride the mountains and hike them and take pictures and shit. I would do that for the rest of my life.

Having done what you are talking about, there is only one flaw with your plan. Motorcycles do not prevent you from freezing your *** off in the snow and cold. Cars can. Smile

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Spiral - 01-10-2012

LOL, Shannon. I'll still keep my truck around. maybe trade it in for a '90 4x4 tacoma.

And Rainbow.. it's difficult sometimes because I still feel like somethings in the outside world hold me back but I know it's just on the inside and how I perceive things. I want more money for security because I do feel like I need it to live a comfortable life. I guess I don't really have to have money... but.. I just need lots of money for gas and enough to buy a tent and some travel appliances... and food. I also want to have lots of babies so I figure.. I'll need a substantial amount of money for that.

I work for a small production company in GA and there is no relocation possible. but.. it's provided me with some cool experiences and great credentials for my resume.

What I've failed to mention in my last few posts is I've had some wierd social anxiety. It's like I am exuding a gentle fun vibe.. but I actually don't feel like I'm having fun. I'm still smiling though. Lately though.. when conversation gets dull and I don't do anything or say anything I just dip out. I feel like I should be socializing more or getting people to feel better about themselves somehow. Stage 5 was super weird.. and stage 6 is proving to be more of the same thing.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - WildFlower - 01-10-2012

Quote:I would say go for it with the Colorado thing..but I don't think you will right now cause that's ***** scary and difficult to uproot and just go and you've got some fear issues to work out. (That's a challenge lol) I say as long as you believe that what's ever holding you back is in you-and your mind-not in the outside world-your half way home to whatever reality you dream of.

Am I right in thinking you live in NYC? I get the whole itchy-feet, wanting to up-root, and start something new some place else. But I'm not sure If I lived in NYC I'd get that. I just came back from a trip there last month and it totally blew me away. I love that city. In fact, if I could move anywhere I think it'd be there. Surprisingly, cost of living seemed reasonable as well (at least compared to here) visas are like rocking-horse poo though.

lol really? New York City is the most expensive city to live in in USA besides Los Angeles.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - RainbowAbyss - 01-11-2012

Wildflower, I live
in Soho-its the downtown Mecca of NYC and the most expansive real estate in the city.
Its amazing living here-the only problem is its my mom's loft-and all gratitude to her aside-she is either doing her thing, which is GREAT, or being a crazy bitch pushing me to get more work and move out. So right now I'm in the move out process and its easy to find an affordable place in the city but hard to find an affordable place where you would WANT to live-I've been spoiled by where I live and want to find something in a neighborhood least half as exciting. Your right, living here, I don't get itchy feet as much, although I would love to live in Cali for a while. The pace here can be overwhelming at times and in general the cost of living is fairly high-you'll spend hundred on subways if you don't play it right and get a monthly or weekly pass and even then-that aint cheap. Although its probably cheaper than England still, where are you located there?- You should have let me known you were coming-I could have shown you around a bit.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - WildFlower - 01-11-2012

(01-11-2012, 02:53 AM)RainbowAbyss Wrote: Wildflower, I live
in Soho-its the downtown Mecca of NYC and the most expansive real estate in the city.
Its amazing living here-the only problem is its my mom's loft-and all gratitude to her aside-she is either doing her thing, which is GREAT, or being a crazy bitch pushing me to get more work and move out. So right now I'm in the move out process and its easy to find an affordable place in the city but hard to find an affordable place where you would WANT to live-I've been spoiled by where I live and want to find something in a neighborhood least half as exciting. Your right, living here, I don't get itchy feet as much, although I would love to live in Cali for a while. The pace here can be overwhelming at times and in general the cost of living is fairly high-you'll spend hundred on subways if you don't play it right and get a monthly or weekly pass and even then-that aint cheap. Although its probably cheaper than England still, where are you located there?- You should have let me known you were coming-I could have shown you around a bit.

You live in Soho, that's amazing! Near the tribeca? I envy you majorly. Although I do appreciate the feeling of wanting to move out; I'm going through the same. Whenever I visit somewhere, I have a weird habit of always looking at the house prices, and I was amazed at just how affordable New York is. I have enough savings to right out buy a house in NYC, but not enough to even put down a deposit for a mortgage here. Granted, the house's I looked at weren't in Soho; they where in Brooklyn, about 20 minutes from the bridge. But still property in New York - the cultural capital of the world - is more affordable than over here. I live between Manchester and Liverpool, which is pretty cool and actually considered much, much cheaper property wise than down south in the London area. The average house price in the UK right now, in dollars, is: $370111.42

Aside from property, general necessities and stuff also seems much cheaper over in the states. I don't think the US has it totally right (the lack of basic social services is startling and concerning, for a little marxist like myself) but it is definitely a much more affordable place to live than the UK. I don't know why that is, whether it's because the dollars the reserve currency or what, but like for like things are just cheaper - even when you take tax in to account.

About the Subway, it was pretty much the only thing I wasn't too keen on. They didn't seem all that regular (not like the London underground anyway) and they were slow. Taxi's on the other hand where very, very cheap.

Man, I love New York. Place is stunning, people are friendly as hell (I know that's going against another stereotype), just a shame you can't get a pint of cider anywhere.

I didn't know you where in New York. Weirdly I didn't know that 3 different friends from over here where all simultaneously there when I was too. Massive coincidence. I'll definitely be returning and I'll let you know then.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Spiral - 01-11-2012

Wow.. and to think I wanted to move to the UK. I had no idea it was so expensive.

If I can find a job in New Zealand that's where I'd really want to go.

And rainbow, I think you asked earlier. I create hunting and travel destination television shows for the Outdoor Channel. My company is currently trying to get our new show onto Discovery Channel or Travel Channel.

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Shannon - 01-11-2012

Oooh! Oooh! I wanna gota New Zealand!

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Magnus - 01-11-2012

New Zealands a pretty cool place. Theres a really relaxed feel with awesome people without blowing my countries trumpet to much haha. The only downfall is the girls unfortunately ive found higher quality girls overseas but again thats just a generalisation

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Shannon - 01-11-2012

Can you explain what you mean by "higher quality"?

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Magnus - 01-11-2012

Should have clarified that. By higher quality it is just my opinion on what is high quality

- Emotionally Healthy
- Looks
- Openness
- Confidence
- Intelligence
- Humor
- Playful

and so on

RE: Spiral's Sex Magnet 2011 journal - Benjamin - 01-11-2012

I was talking to a guy from nz on another forum. And it may just be his limitations.

But he says the girls in nz are extremely rude and aggressive.

Not sure if it's true or not.

-Ben