Subliminal Talk
My life is in the shambles right now - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: My life is in the shambles right now (/Thread-My-life-is-in-the-shambles-right-now)

Pages: 1 2

RE: My life is in the shambles right now - hiddenalias - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 02:30 PM)Geodude Wrote: Hey man I had the same exact problem. I would strongly recommend OF. I did it for 6 months straight. I used to be petrified of my parent's disapproval and afraid to go live on my own, but now it doesn't faze me in the slightest. I'm now in the process of getting my own place. It's a cheap subliminal and definitely worth it.

Oh, and one huge thing for me was releasing the shame of living with my parents. That's a major step you gotta take, because honestly nobody cares.

Thank you GeoDude its just what i wanted to hear; thank you for all of the other indians also sharing with me their perspective about ethnic indian cultural parents.....

RE: My life is in the shambles right now - Breeze - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 01:08 PM)waahbeta Wrote: Ohh. u r an Indian too.
Never realised from your previous posts.
But no hard feelings but how does someone focus away from their parents. N yeah in your previous post uve compared parents to gf n boss, if m not wrong.
Communication factor with parents, I agree.

I haven't literally compared a girlfriend/boss to a parent, but yes, anybody can be manipulative or abusive like parents. Like I knew a girl who would tell her boyfriend not to wear certain things. Crazy, right?

(09-26-2015, 02:22 PM)hiddenalias Wrote: ok you didint say in the dialogue which one was you and which one was your parent??? but i laughed its funny about the 'gimme the laptop you bitch' that is so ***** funny!!!

yeah but I have tried telling my old man that yeah i am 35 and can dress as i please but dude you dont understand that these 2 are like broken recorders......they will always keep replaying what they say as if its the first time and not give a **** that they said it a million times before.......arguing with them is worthless because my mom literally thinks that i am "mentally ill" that i have a "understanding problem" if I am trying to talk to her intellectually and explain my side of the story; my mom also likes to feel like she is a know it all and has answers to everything....."i am right and you are not" you know all that shit.....

Haha. I was the one holding on to the laptop. Smile

And yes, parents are broken records. My mother uses the exact same words every single time. Not even a word here and there, like she is repeating a script. This is why it is important to emotionally disconnect from them and refuse to play their game. See it like this, you are standing in the middle of a huge ring called life. Your parents are bulls speeding towards at you. The best thing you can do is step aside and let them pass by. As it is famously said, "Mess with the bull, get the horns"

RE: My life is in the shambles right now - waahbeta - 09-26-2015

Go ahead with AM6 if money is not the issue.
Or even OF as geodude mentioned cos his suggestion comes from the same experience.

And if I can joke to lighten up the environment ,
Try attract your rich gf and move in with her. She'll take care of the $$$ initially. And a happy ending awaits you.