Subliminal Talk
Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females (/Thread-Favorite-Fictional-Alpha-males-Alpha-Females)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - DarthXedonias - 03-26-2015

I wanted to start this thread partly for fun but also because I got to thinking this week about what fictional character do I think represents Alpha male for me. I know that I will develop further into my own unique alpha version of myself but at the same time I don't see the problem in having a person that you wouldn't mind emulating to a certain degree because they have certain characteristics you deem important. I will also list some of what I think are some alpha females in my opinion since some of those traits I actually look for in women in real life. Though the funny thing is when I thought about the Alpha female part, I couldn't really think of any appealing fictional alpha females when I thought of western Culture but I could when I thought of Asian (read Japanese primarily) culture. I think this might have to do with what I perceive to be the differences in definitions between the two cultures. From what I saw, western cultures sees a Alpha female as a female that acts "exactly" like a male. In other words very, very masculine. Whereas I see in Japanese culture a Alpha female can get stuff done, is mostly calm, and far from helpless but at the same time still act very feminine and has no problem following a alpha males lead. Anyway, my alpha male list is (Beware spoilers):

Aizen (bleach)- My main pick (partly why I have him as my avatar as of now). Even though he was the antagonist in the series he had many alpha traits (highly confident, had total self mastery, refused to be controlled by the system, etc). He also had the patience to wait 100 years to achieve his long term goals. He also had a zen like attitude no matter what situation he found himself in. On top of all this he had a extreme "IDGAF" attitude, had his eyes on his goals, and his Neediness was zilch (to the point of you questioning whether he was Asexual or not).

Griffith (Berserk)- Was a sort of protagonist that turned antagonist by the end of season one. Pretty much has all the characteristics I named for Aizen.
Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
Tyrrion Lannister (Game of Thrones)
Khal Drogo (Game of Thrones)

Of course, problem with two of those above is that they contracted "oneitis".

Alpha Females:

Julia (Cowboy Bebop)- Main pick in this category. Far from helpless for the fact that she survived being on the run from the Syndicate (AKA Mafia) for years. Though at the same time she did still have some feminine attributes about her. Also, very loyal from the fact that she chose to go on the run from the Syndicate instead of betraying and killing her partner.

Miya (Sekirei)
Belldandy (Oh my Goddess)
Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny)
Tessa (Full metal Panic)
Masane Amaha (Witch Blade)- Hard to qualify at first but by the end of the series she proved herself imo.
Kazahana (Sekirei)

Excited to see other people's list. Might give me some ideas on shows I should watch.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - Ace - 03-26-2015

You forgot the best - James Bond.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - Benjamin - 03-26-2015

I'm not aware of most of those as I don't watch anime. Though Akira always has a place in my heart Smile

I haven't watched Game Of Thrones either but I watched some Khal Drogo stuff on youtube.

Interesting you post this as I thought of some myself recently as No More Mr Nice guy talked about it. Alot of the ones on tv also have negative parts, but you can take alot from them.

Hank Moody - Californication.
Vic Mackey - The Shield.
Raylan Givens - Justified.
Tommy Gavin - Rescue Me.
Tony Soprano - The Sopranos.
Don Draper - Madmen (I need to watch more of this but I kind of don't like the setting).
Ray Donovan - Ray Donovan.
Christian Troy - Nip Tuck.

And a few ones that alot won't be aware of, some of these shows that only lasted 1 season. There's all these shows I loved that didn't get high ratings yet crap shows last for ages like honey boo boo Sad

Dr William Rush - Rush.
Hank Voight - Chicago PD.
Ian Price (the bad side of his split personalities) - Do No Harm.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - TheChosenOne - 03-26-2015

Alpha Males:

Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
Michael/Vito Corleione (GodFather Series)
Will Smith (I AM Legend)
Bradley Cooper (Limitless)
Denzel Washington (Training Day/Man On Fire)
Russell Crowe (Gladiator)
300 (Spartans/Persians)
Darth Vader (Star Wars)
Most Male Actors (Fast & Furious Series)
Jason Statham
Christian Bale (Equilibrium)
Tom Hardy (Warrior/Dark Knight-Bane)

Alpha Females:

Angelina Jolie (SALT)
Kate Beckinsale (Underworld Series)
Most Female Actors (Kill Bill Series)
Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Jada Pinkett Smith (Gotham)

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - gelimang - 03-26-2015

Wow, another anime fans on here mate...

No matter how alpha they are, they need some "acknowledging" that they are alpha.. lol
instead become just Alpha Male, why don't achieve dream of Transcendence Alpha/Alpha 2.0?

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - DarthXedonias - 03-27-2015

Ace- Ya know, I remembered that one a few mins after I posted the thread lol. I only grew up on the pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig Bonds. Out of those two I prefer Daniel Craig's incarnation. The only bond movie of pierce Brosnan's that I liked (looking back now) is Goldeneye (not to mention it made a awesome N64 game!)

Ben- I will look into the shows you mentioned. I have heard of a lot of them but just haven't watched them yet. I think you should really watch game of thrones though. That is definitely a show where if a Man is beta or starts to turn beta he will, without a doubt, die. Of course, stupid choices have something to do with it to, but generally the acting beta and making stupid choices goes hand in hand. The only males that survive in the Game of thrones universe are cunning and , at times, ruthless Alpha males. I should also mention, "Oneitis" will also get you killed in that universe.

The Chosen one- I would agree actually that Angelina Jolie in Salt seemed like a Alpha female. I like her role in Wanted as well, but the character she played in Wanted seemed very, very masculine to a degree. I would also say that Christian bale and Tom hardy in the batman movies were very Alpha though with the exception of their cases of "oneitis" concerning certain female characters (Rachel/Thalia).

Gelimang- I would mostly agree with what you said, though I would place Griffith and Aizen in totally different categories from your normal male anime characters. They seem to have many of the "selfs" (Self-validation, Self-esteem, Self-confidence,etc) that you would get from doing AM6. So, I would definitely put them in the Transcendent alpha category.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - AriGold - 03-27-2015

Walter White. From beta to alpha to:

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - MasterEnki - 03-27-2015

Definitely.... Goku (and Gohan also has his moments of awesome)

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - JJ54 - 03-27-2015

My favorites so far:

Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Virgo Shaka
Batman
Kazuma Kannagi (Kaze no Stigma)

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - Ace - 03-27-2015

(03-27-2015, 03:00 PM)MasterEnki Wrote: Definitely.... Goku (and Gohan also has his moments of awesome)
Yeah, Goku is the best.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - FREAK4LIFE - 03-28-2015

Heath Ledger as Joker from Batman

Jack Nicholson as Joker from Batman

Tyler Durden in Fight Club

George Clooney in the American

Stifler from America Pie

Russel Crowe in Gladiator

Spartacus from the tv show Spartacus

Idris Elba, Omar(character), Dominc west from the tv show The Wire

Denzel Washington in the movie Training Day

Robert Deniro in the Godfather II

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - TheRealJustin - 04-10-2015

Damon Salvator on The Vampire Diaries. One of the best shows ever IMO. Basically every guy on the show is alpha but they all have completely different personalities and style. Some are sensitive, some aggressive, some nice, some arrogant, some heartless, some emotional, just like every type of alpha is there, and you see all their different styles of seduction. You can learn A LOT about what women want, and what attracts them from that show. Plus it's one of the best shows made. Watch it on Netflix, it's extra sick can't wait for the new season to come on Netflix.

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - waahbeta - 07-05-2015

Tony Stark

RE: Favorite Fictional Alpha males/Alpha Females - Jake2015 - 07-06-2015

Is it me or all or most alphas quoted either aren't very friendly or happy or are too harsh?

They seem too serious.

Are these really traits women like in men and vice versa?

I'd say Alpha is Indians Jones but again he's so introverted in a way whereas I'd love to say someone as cool as Marty Mcfly is Alpha but I know he can't be