Subliminal Talk
Rix Journey - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Rix Journey (/Thread-Rix-Journey)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 05-05-2015

Week 9. Captain's Log 5/5/2015

Happy Cinco de Mayo Everyone!

Well it's been an interesting week. I'll start by explaining my current situation. I live in a large Northeastern Rustbelt city. My current apartment building is on the last block of the University District. Literally just barely on the right side of the tracks. Once you cross the tracks you'll find yourself in the 'hood. So my block is half college students (mostly international) and undesirable urbanites. So when the first of the month comes there are 2 or 3 houses that are like McDonald's drive through for crackheads.

I gave this background to explain what has transpired this past week. I qualified for a career retraining program about a year and a half ago. I took a Microsoft certification course through the local public school district. This government agency (school board) which is run by the urbanites, is completely dysfunctional. For example, the high school down the street has a less than 50% graduation rate and it was just announced that they have had over a hundred pregnancies just in this school year alone.

Well I took this Microsoft course which ended in March of 2014. At that point in time I was ready for the exam. Every month until December I contacted them to take the exam and then I gave up. It was always the same excuse, they didn't have the funding. Now, the employment agency that enrolled me into the program said they already had paid the school district and they weren't paying again.

This week my instructor called me out of the blue! He has separated from the school district and is now affiliated with a nonprofit organization that will pay for the exam. I can't say it was the sub or not, but this is really crazy!!!!

Also, women are constantly smiling at me. My 7-11 friend is still striking up conversations with me and at the grocery store a cute college girl starting talking to me when we were on line. The really crazy thing is when I was walking out she said good bye and got into a Jeep with a college dude. REALLY???Huh

I almost can't wait until my next post. Thanks for reading.

Peace Out,

Rick

P.S. In honor of Mother's Day coming up, I decided on a Jimmy Buffett lyric:

"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,
Wanted to sail upon your waters
since I was three feet tall.
You've seen it all, you've seen it all."
-A Pirate Looks at Forty
Jimmy Buffett

RE: Rix Journey - QuantumEnthusiast - 05-05-2015

Keep at it bro. The biggest coincidence was the fact that you found those old subs again to be led back here. Life is an amazing thing man. I know exactly what you mean by things just falling into place and synchronicity. Take it as a sign that you're on the right path towards the kind of life you deserve to live Smile Wish you all the best man! I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates Big Grin

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 05-13-2015

Week 10. Captain's Log 5/13/2015

This has been a trying week thus far. I wasn't going to post but I need to keep my weekly journal entry to keep my own feet to the fire.

Since my last post I really haven't paid too much attention to my subs or any outcome from them. Hopefully, there will be more next week.

Thanks,

Rick

P.S. Quote of the week:

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded!"

- Yogi Bera

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 05-21-2015

Week 11. Captain's Log 5/21/2015

I have been having a rough time over the past 2 weeks. I have been dealing with my own health issues, my aging parents health issues and my brother's divorce all at the same time. Watching his family being torn apart is really hitting the entire family pretty hard.

I am almost 3 months in to ASC5 and I feel like giving up. I was really thinking that I would be over all of the resistance by now. Instead it is getting worse. I am having a hard time dealing with all of this emotional baggage from my childhood. When will it ever end? Before I started I couldn't decide whether to do ASC or EPRHA. I chose ASC so I would have the confidence to do EPRHA when I was ready for it.

I have a short list for my next sub and I think EPRHA5 is not going to make the cut. Just having a difficult time with ASC5 right now. I am going to recommit myself until June and then decide what direction to take from there. Maybe I will stop completely or do one of my 4G titles, probably US4G. The jury is still out.

Can anybody tell me how long do I have to go through this catharsis? I feel like shit. I'm starting to lose faith in the system.

Thanks,

Rick

Here's the quote for the week:

"Your experience in the world of physical matter flows outward from the center of your inner psyche. Then you perceive this experience."

- Seth/ Jane Roberts "The Nature of Personal Reality"

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 05-21-2015

(05-05-2015, 02:15 PM)QuantumEnthusiast Wrote: Keep at it bro. The biggest coincidence was the fact that you found those old subs again to be led back here. Life is an amazing thing man. I know exactly what you mean by things just falling into place and synchronicity. Take it as a sign that you're on the right path towards the kind of life you deserve to live Smile Wish you all the best man! I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates Big Grin

Thanks for reading dude. I wish you all the best on your journey.

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 05-28-2015

Week 12. Captain's Log 5/28/2015

This one has to be quick. My computer took a shit the other day so I have to do this by smart phone w. little left on my data plan.

I have chosen June 7th as my short term goal for now. That date will be my 99th day w. ASC5G. I chose this day for #99 for the great one Gretzky and 99 is the # for Charlie Sheen's "Wild Thing" in Major League. Once again, I'll evaluate the situation from there.

Thanks,
Rick

Here's the quote for the week:

"...I ain't been home to see my baby in 99 and one half days". ..-Red House/Jimi Hendrix

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 06-07-2015

Week 13. Captains Log 6/7/2015

So this is day #99. I really thought I would be a lot further along than I am. I know some internal changes have been made, however my outside experience seems to have changed little. My computer is fried, both motherboard and hard drive. I will be getting a new one this week.

I still experience synchronicities multiple times a day. Maybe I am just taking them for granted? I catch women checking me out but they are my age (50) or older. The college students are gone for the summer for the most part, even the 7-11 girl is gone.

I noticed that on one post Shannon said that the subs take longer to work on older and intellectual types, so I hope that that is true my case. So with that being said, I am going to continue with ASC5 until the end of the month. Until next week, C Ya!

RickUndecided

P.S. Quote of the week:

"I live on the corner of the 99th floor of my block."
-Get Off of My Cloud/ Rolling Stones

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 06-16-2015

Week 14 Captain's Log 06/16/2015

Finally I got a new laptop!!! It's been at least 2 weeks. I've been borrowing computers, or going to the Public or college libraries to use theirs. There is one major concern with my new computer: I HATE WINDOWS 8!!!

So back to my journal, I am still committed until the end of the month w. ASC5. I lost all of my prior 3G and 4G files, which may take me further into ASC5 than planned. I'll contact customer service about that because I had titles that were on my short list for my next sub.

As far as changes to thoughts, beliefs or experiences have been subtle and mostly internal. I have had many more coincidences that I didn't notice until after the event or contacts have happened. I think for my next sub I will be more inclined to listen to one that would be more objective than subjective, i.e. confidence v. weight loss or some other measurable result.

So until next week...C Ya!

Rick

Quote of the week:

" What's another word for Thesaurus?"

Steven Wright

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 07-06-2015

Weeks 15-17 Captain's Log 7//6/2015

Hello Again!

It's been a wild ride over the last couple of weeks. However, first and foremost a BIG shout out to Ben for outstanding customer service! Thanks again.

So to begin I've started volunteering at the non-profit organization that is paying for my Microsoft exam. I stopped studying back around Thanksgiving after several months of having my chain yanked by our local school board. Therefore I am really rusty on the subject. We take in old computer equipment, salvage usable parts and use them in repairs and properly dispose of unusable items.

As far as ASC5G goes I think it is having a positive effect on my experience there. One of my party jokes is to say "I'm mechanically declined." Last week we were taking apart cadaver computers and I said that to the guy I was working with and I suddenly realized that it's just my belief and not necessarily true. Hardware is the first section of the test and I was never really very comfortable with it as compared to software. Also, I have been working the front desk for an hour or 2 per day, before I would be filled with anxiety in this situation but is has greatly decreased.

Another thing that I have noticed is my hearing has gotten more sensitive. For the first month or two while listening to the silent track, my ears would ring. I downloaded Tinnitus but I didn't use it. It eventually stopped. During the Stanley Cup Playoffs I noticed my volume on my TV went from 13-15 levels to 9-11 levels. That's even with my allergies acting up. I think I will buy the Experimental Allergy sub to use later.

There are more experiences but they are not coming to mind at the moment. So my decsion is to stay with ASC5G for a least the month of July and maybe until I pass my exam. Again, thanks for reading.

C Ya!

Rick

P.S.

"Duck Soup" was on TCM last night so I will leave you with a Groucho quote:

"We'll meet at the theater tonight. I'll hold your seat until you get there....
once you get there, you're on your own."

RE: Rix Journey - Benjamin - 07-06-2015

Thanks man Smile

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 07-17-2015

Weeks 18-19 Captain's Log 7/17/2015

Again I've been very busy, since it's been 11 days since my last post I will call it 2 weeks. Things have been going pretty good at work and at the non profit. Nothing really extraordinary, just running smoothly with a few minor hiccups. I tried to score Stones tickets last week, but the nose bleed seats which had a $75 face value were going for over $200. I've seen them 4 times before so it was just a minor disappointment.

My father turned 83 this week and we have been to 2 doctors appointments with good news. His health issues are in check and he is doing well for his age and conditions. As for my own health, I have to lose weight and start exercising by my next physical. So, with that being said, I am leaning toward Exercise Motivation for my next sub instead of US4G. I am a little disappointed because I had decided that Ultra Success would be my next sub.

Well, that is it for now. I can't believe that July is half over, summer seems to go by so fast and winter takes forever! I need to get back to Florida!Cool Thanks for reading!

C YA!

Rick

Here is this weeks quote. It's from Illusions by Richard Bach which is one of my favorite books and I try to reread it once a year. This is from the back cover:

"Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished:
If your alive, it isn't."

Wishing you all your own blue feathers!

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 07-23-2015

Week 20 Captain's Log 7/23/2015

Well I am nearing the end of the ASC5G portion of my journey. I really think I have more room to grow with ASC for another month or so, however my hand has been played by my doctor. If I don't take control of my weight and physical condition they will put me on Lipitor or a similar cholesterol medicine. It's not a great deal of weight, just 25-30lbs. I usually lose 10lbs. during the summer anyway just by walking more, so again it's very doable.

I am going to begin Exercise Motivation on August 1st. I am a little disappointed because I was planning on doing US4G for my next sub. I'll have to postpone that until the first of the year.

That's it for now. My next post will be the last for ASC and I will try to summarize what has transpired in my life over the 5 months. Thanks again for reading.

C Ya!

Rick

P.S. Here's your quote of the week:
"You get what you concentrate upon. There is no other main rule." :exclamation:
-Seth Speaks; The Eternal Validity of the Soul Seth/Jane Roberts

RE: Rix Journey - Ryan - 07-23-2015

If you want, I do this diet called the slow-carb diet or the book, "4 Hour Body" as it's called. It's interesting and always works. Basically you just eat an unlimited amount of veggies, meats, and beans and drink lots of water and 1 day each week binge eat on as much junk food as you can. I got a crock pot and just make chili with all kinds of meats and throw in lots of peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, etc. to produce super meals in batch. Most people (including myself) tend to loose on average 3-5lbs a week. I've already gotten 5lbs since Monday and had managed to get down 20lbs my first month.

RE: Rix Journey - hotcommodity - 07-24-2015

(07-23-2015, 07:05 PM)Ryan Wrote: If you want, I do this diet called the slow-carb diet or the book, "4 Hour Body" as it's called. It's interesting and always works. Basically you just eat an unlimited amount of veggies, meats, and beans and drink lots of water and 1 day each week binge eat on as much junk food as you can. I got a crock pot and just make chili with all kinds of meats and throw in lots of peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro, etc. to produce super meals in batch. Most people (including myself) tend to loose on average 3-5lbs a week. I've already gotten 5lbs since Monday and had managed to get down 20lbs my first month.