Subliminal Talk
What are you listening to right now?? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: What are you listening to right now?? (/Thread-What-are-you-listening-to-right-now)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Spiritman - 08-03-2014

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Cozy - 10-23-2016

I feel like resurrecting this thread.

Some good motivating music.

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - RisingSon - 11-04-2016

I've come to love Romanian hits and dance remixes.
Not knowing most of the lyrics keeps me in the right brain.. can't help but dance, usually.
Did I mention that they know sexy?

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - RTBoss - 11-05-2016

Listening to Korn's The Serenity of Suffering on repeat:

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - eternity - 11-05-2016

Sandstorm by darude

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Benjamin - 11-06-2016

I've been listening to Serenity Of Suffering a bit too. It's better than some of their recent cd's but it's not keeping me going back. Their early stuff I can go back to again and again. Self titled, Follow The Leader, Life is Peachy, Issues... doesn't get better than those albums. They slowly went downhill after that, got really bad when they did their stupid dubstep album. Then the last 2 have been a little better again.

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Dr. Strangelove - 11-21-2016

Pantera – Walk, because:

1. “There are basically two categories of music: Metal and bullsh*t.” (Bruce Dickinson, Iron Maiden)

2. Further to 1. I like other kinds of music also, but since that day when I was 16 and this guy gave me the thrash metal mixtape, I've loved no other music with such fervour. The music was so evil I was afraid to listen to the whole tape at once lol. It probably fell apart from heavy (hehe) rotation, but I still remember the track list by heart.

3. I got to see Pantera live, twice. One good thing about being old is, I got to see some cool bands, and I saw Dime shred, twice. First time was just after Vulgar Display Of Power; easily the most intense ear bashing ever, worthy of the album title; they were pissed off and played less than an hour, but when they were done, nobody dared to complain! Second time was good, but pauses between songs were longer, more talk, and alcohol abuse started to take toll on all, and intensity wasn’t as first time; still they’d easily blow any other act off stage, save for f*cking Slayer.

4. The lyrics are simple, honest and powerful; it’s about believing in yourself, having a f*ck off attitude and being true to your word. It’s against trying to fit in, and doing your own thing instead. Alpha male attitude in a bottle.

5. This is my favourite gym/kettlebell workout song.

6. I’m having influence on my boys’ music taste; if it was for their mother, they’d be listening to Taylor Swift and we can’t have that! My older boy loves this song and I asked him why. I’ll quote him: “Because this is heavy metal song, and I love heavy metal. Some heavy metal is hard to understand as there’s so much going on, and this one I understand easily. Also words are something I can understand, like what is happening in school during lunch break”.

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Dr. Strangelove - 11-21-2016

Hilltop Hoods – Cosby Sweater, because:

1. They’re Aussies (oi, oi, oi)

2. It makes me feel good, which is what music is all about.

3. One girl in video kind of looks like somebody I know Tongue

Hardwired...To Self-Destruct! - RTBoss - 11-21-2016

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Benjamin - 11-23-2016

Just found this band. Love it so far.

The youtube version is 2 minutes longer than the version on the cd, but I like this song.

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - RisingSon - 11-23-2016

The chorus drew me in. Had to ignore the man jaw and typical Canadian feminist undertones on this one, though.
Reminds me of my favorite Canadian pick-up artist and womanizer turned political activist, Dimitri The Lover.

Non-westernized version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WuQSAXIZHI

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Cozy - 11-24-2016

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Cozy - 11-24-2016

RE: What are you listening to right now?? - Lucius - 11-25-2016