Subliminal Talk
can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? (/Thread-can-i-listen-to-multiple-things-thru-the-same-speakers)

can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - BigDan - 01-13-2014

I like to play the Ultrasonics thru my computer speakers. But at the same time I want to do other stuff such as watch youtube etc. Can I do them both thru the same speakers? FYI when I play one of the audible tracks along w/ youtube I can hear the trickling stream / ocean waves fine.

RE: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - AlphaMind - 01-13-2014

I won't do that if I were you. I can't explain it, as I don't really understand such thing, but playing 2 different sound from 1 source will disbalance both of them.

Example, 1 sound are in 8 dB, while the other sound played in 12 dB, those 2 sound will mixed and recreate another dB. It won't be really impacted if the sounds were not a subliminal (a subliminal played with different frequency/amplitude from both sides), but for example a music nor song and such thing.

To avoid this usually I use earphone to use subliminal while a speaker playing my song/audiobook/video/etc. Calibrate the volume of the earphone to be heard just a little (the sound of waves or ocean), while the speaker can produce a decent enough of enjoyment. This is look stupid, but I enjoyed it.

RE: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - Shannon - 01-13-2014

What happens is that when the waveforms meet, they neutralize one another to whatever degree they are in anti-phase, and magnify each other where they are in phase. This can actually be used to produce "audible silence", which is how noise canceling headphones work. They gather the sounds from outside the headphones and invert them, and then project the inverted form through the earphones to neutralize the external sounds. But you can still sense sound if you pay attention... you just can't hear it.

It's better to avoid doing this, although technically it can be done, because you're working with bery delicate audio in subliminals.

RE: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - Benjamin - 01-13-2014

Damn I do this alot.. if i'm on the internet i'm usually only using ocean wave on headphones. But then i'll sometimes watch a movie or a show with ocean wave playing, didn't realize it would effect it if I still could hear it.

RE: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - jonathan4all - 01-13-2014

I am very novice in this regard but what I do is I watch movies in my laptop with 30% sound and ultrasound with 50%+ sound and I check once in FrequenSee spectrum whether my ultrasound pitch is around 28 to 30 DB. At night I listen ultrasound again but this time in my nexus 7 2nd gen tablet. Sometimes headphones too !! Thats what I do .

Is it ok ? (just trying to make sure ) lol

Jonathan

RE: can i listen to multiple things thru the same speakers? - Shannon - 01-14-2014

This really isn't critical. It's better to use the audio alone, but if you think about it, every time two sounds meet this happens, regardless of what source or sources they come from. It's not a make-or-break thing, but it is better to do one thing at a time. It'll still work almost as well (98%+) regardless.