Subliminal Talk
ASC and attracting married women - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Product Discussion (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Product-Discussion)
+--- Thread: ASC and attracting married women (/Thread-ASC-and-attracting-married-women)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: ASC and attracting married women - Shannon - 10-13-2013

Sarge, I actually was surprised that my last post went up, because I thought I had not posted it. I decided not to because I concluded that you would not understand what I was saying and it was better to let you learn your own way. It's not lectures, it's me trying to point something important to you out. In any case, I've spent enough time doing that.

I wouldn't say people who are fat are failures. They usually have emotional damage that results in them becoming seriously overweight. What constitutes a fail is when they try to take pride in their being overweight instead of trying to fix it. When they recognize that it is an issue that needs to be dealt with and try to face and fix it, I respect that.

Lately, it is popular to take pride in ignorance, being overweight, being bitchy and doing or being all sorts of other negatives. And people wonder why we are in decline as not just a society, but as a world...

RE: ASC and attracting married women - SargeMaximus - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 04:42 PM)Shannon Wrote: Sarge, I actually was surprised that my last post went up, because I thought I had not posted it. I decided not to because I concluded that you would not understand what I was saying and it was better to let you learn your own way. It's not lectures, it's me trying to point something important to you out. In any case, I've spent enough time doing that.

No problem Shannon, I understand.

I do have one curiosity though, when it comes to my beliefs on karma, it seems only logical that if you cause someone pain or suffering or what have you, they must have done something to deserve it. I mean, if it's me suffering from some guy stealing my woman, I KNOW that you'd be the first to say "I told you so! It's karma!" so, in that instance, the guy is being my karma.
Why can't it work the same way for me? It's almost like for other people they are tools of karma in your mind whereas I am completely independent of it and each and everything bad I do will yield karma, rather than BE the karma.

Any ideas?

RE: ASC and attracting married women - Benjamin - 10-13-2013

Quote:Lately, it is popular to take pride in ignorance, being overweight, being bitchy and doing or being all sorts of other negatives. And people wonder why we are in decline as not just a society, but as a world...

Yep that's another thing I see in dating profiles, women saying in them they are bitches and they seem proud of it like it's a good thing.

:Z

-Ben

(10-13-2013, 05:59 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 04:42 PM)Shannon Wrote: Sarge, I actually was surprised that my last post went up, because I thought I had not posted it. I decided not to because I concluded that you would not understand what I was saying and it was better to let you learn your own way. It's not lectures, it's me trying to point something important to you out. In any case, I've spent enough time doing that.

I do have one curiosity though, when it comes to my beliefs on karma, it seems only logical that if you cause someone pain or suffering or what have you, they must have done something to deserve it. I mean, if it's me suffering from some guy stealing my woman, I KNOW that you'd be the first to say "I told you so! It's karma!" so, in that instance, the guy is being my karma.
Why can't it work the same way for me? It's almost like for other people they are tools of karma in your mind whereas I am completely independent of it and each and everything bad I do will yield karma, rather than BE the karma.

Any ideas?

You don't know I would be the first, you assume I would. But you would be wrong.

If we consider the concept of karma as similar to walking along the path to our ultimate goal as a being, then karma only kicks in when we step off the path. And when we so, we naturally have to retrace the ground we walked away from the path to get back to it.

In any interaction that deals with karma, there must be an initiation and a recompense. One person steps off the path, and eventually that person must return to the path. The initiating action does not necessarily have anything to do with karma until it's enacted. The recompensatory action is something that is chosen as a means of realignment, or returning to the path. These do not necessarily have to happen in one lifetime.

So for instance, I could stab someone to death, and if they did not karmically have that debt to realign in kind, then I am not repaying a karmic debt, I am creating one.

The issue at hand is that one cannot know at a conscious level whether the action is initiatory or recompensatory.

In many cases, recompensatory acts are not necessarily acts done by the body, but by the soul before birth. One might be born with damaged legs to understand what the cost to someone else was who at one point you ran over and crushed the legs of, for instance. The idea is to learn why the initiatory action is "off the path" by experiencing the fruits of it, and not just the action of having done it. We always experience both sides of the coin.

Since you cannot know if the act is initiative or recompensatory in nature with regards to karma, it is naturally wise to never enact anything that has negative karmic consequences. Wisdom, as they say, erases karma.

With this understanding, living a life of kindness and consideration towards oneself as well as others becomes quite natural to do. It prevents taking on more lessons, and allows for past lessons to be learned and dispensed with. There is no "becoming karma", because karma is nothing more than a measure of your alignment with regards to having an understanding of what the right way is.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - smoothsam - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 08:03 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 05:59 PM)SargeMaximus Wrote:

Any ideas?

You don't know I would be the first, you assume I would. But you would be wrong.

If we consider the concept of karma as similar to walking along the path to our ultimate goal as a being, then karma only kicks in when we step off the path. And when we so, we naturally have to retrace the ground we walked away from the path to get back to it.

In any interaction that deals with karma, there must be an initiation and a recompense. One person steps off the path, and eventually that person must return to the path. The initiating action does not necessarily have anything to do with karma until it's enacted. The recompensatory action is something that is chosen as a means of realignment, or returning to the path. These do not necessarily have to happen in one lifetime.

So for instance, I could stab someone to death, and if they did not karmically have that debt to realign in kind, then I am not repaying a karmic debt, I am creating one.

The issue at hand is that one cannot know at a conscious level whether the action is initiatory or recompensatory.

In many cases, recompensatory acts are not necessarily acts done by the body, but by the soul before birth. One might be born with damaged legs to understand what the cost to someone else was who at one point you ran over and crushed the legs of, for instance. The idea is to learn why the initiatory action is "off the path" by experiencing the fruits of it, and not just the action of having done it. We always experience both sides of the coin.

Since you cannot know if the act is initiative or recompensatory in nature with regards to karma, it is naturally wise to never enact anything that has negative karmic consequences. Wisdom, as they say, erases karma.

With this understanding, living a life of kindness and consideration towards oneself as well as others becomes quite natural to do. It prevents taking on more lessons, and allows for past lessons to be learned and dispensed with. There is no "becoming karma", because karma is nothing more than a measure of your alignment with regards to having an understanding of what the right way is.

Karma is just another form of energy. You attract that which you are. As a person gets better, so does there energy. Karma works both ways and in a non-duality way. Your posts are very insightful. I always come out of it learning something new. I'm thinking about buying a book that was written by the same name as you. I saw the amazon preview and enjoyed the writing style.

Karma is always dualistic. You need make no realignment without first misaligning yourself. Realignment makes no sense if you are already aligned.

You would not apologize for punching someone you never punched. You would not pay back a loan you never took out. You would not fix something that wasn't broken. And you could not realign something that is already in alignment.

The whole point is to learn and grow. We do this most often by making mistakes, and then fixing them. Karma makes those mistakes have a price, and the more we make them without learning from them, the higher the price becomes and the harder and more painful it becomes to continue making the same mistakes.

Karma is not simply a form of energy, it is a natural law of balance within the universe which applies to beings of awareness who are seeking growth.

What is the title of the book? I have written several. It may be one of mine.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - smoothsam - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 08:35 PM)Shannon Wrote: Karma is always dualistic. You need make no realignment without first misaligning yourself. Realignment makes no sense if you are already aligned.

You would not apologize for punching someone you never punched. You would not pay back a loan you never took out. You would not fix something that wasn't broken. And you could not realign something that is already in alignment.

The whole point is to learn and grow. We do this most often by making mistakes, and then fixing them. Karma makes those mistakes have a price, and the more we make them without learning from them, the higher the price becomes and the harder and more painful it becomes to continue making the same mistakes.

Karma is not simply a form of energy, it is a natural law of balance within the universe which applies to beings of awareness who are seeking growth.

I mean "There are no accidents". We all make choices. Non-duality is an interesting concept. The book is The Secret Master Key to Losing Weight (and Keeping It Off Forever). I believe in the law of cause and effect. Did you write this? Amazing writing style. Interesting like your posts.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - Ace - 10-13-2013

Good posts Shannon.

Quote:One might be born with damaged legs to understand what the cost to someone else was who at one point you ran over and crushed the legs of, for instance. The idea is to learn why the initiatory action is "off the path" by experiencing the fruits of it, and not just the action of having done it.
So how does this apply to people who don't know the difference between right and wrong? For example terrorists or intellectually disabled or children? In case of terrorists, they are under the influence of some bad teachings and hence they kill people hoping that it is the right thing to do and it will send them to heaven. But they didn't know the truth.
What if a child/intellectually disabled kills someone? He doesn't know that it's wrong to kill someone(like he got his dad's gun and started playing with it and accidentally killed someone)?
And what if some adult (who knows whats right and wrong) hurts someone by mistake? Like I am driving a car and a child/dog jumps right in front of my car and dies because I wasn't able to stop the car in time?

(10-13-2013, 09:01 PM)smoothsam Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 08:35 PM)Shannon Wrote: Karma is always dualistic. You need make no realignment without first misaligning yourself. Realignment makes no sense if you are already aligned.

I mean "There are no accidents". We all make choices. Non-duality is an interesting concept. The book is The Secret Master Key to Losing Weight (and Keeping It Off Forever). I believe in the law of cause and effect. Did you write this? Amazing writing style. Interesting like your posts.

That is one of my books, yes. I have to update it, as much has been discovered since I wrote it. But it still has a lot of good information in it. Thank you for the compliment.

(10-13-2013, 09:41 PM)Ace Wrote: Good posts Shannon.

Quote:One might be born with damaged legs to understand what the cost to someone else was who at one point you ran over and crushed the legs of, for instance. The idea is to learn why the initiatory action is "off the path" by experiencing the fruits of it, and not just the action of having done it.
So how does this apply to people who don't know the difference between right and wrong? For example terrorists or intellectually disabled or children? In case of terrorists, they are under the influence of some bad teachings and hence they kill people hoping that it is the right thing to do and it will send them to heaven. But they didn't know the truth.
What if a child/intellectually disabled kills someone? He doesn't know that it's wrong to kill someone(like he got his dad's gun and started playing with it and accidentally killed someone)?
And what if some adult (who knows whats right and wrong) hurts someone by mistake? Like I am driving a car and a child/dog jumps right in front of my car and dies because I wasn't able to stop the car in time?

This gets into discussion of topics far and away from what the original thread is about, and really should be in the religion thread.

I think perhaps it would be more useful to point you to the work of Dr. Newton. Read his books and you'll understand a great deal more about this than I can reasonably explain here.

His first book is here: http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855/ref=la_B000APC05I_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381732317&sr=1-1

And his second book is here: http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184995/ref=la_B000APC05I_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381732317&sr=1-2

RE: ASC and attracting married women - SargeMaximus - 10-14-2013

But it seems to me that karma is always a "bad" consequence. I mean, what about good ones? What about people who are born into wealth and luxury? A reward? I don't like that way of thinking because it hinders you from further aspiring to greatness. It suggests that the material realm (this world) is something of merit in that it can be rewarding or not. Whereas I believe that everything is insignificant compared to the universe (god) or, as I like to call it, our true self.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - Shannon - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 04:04 AM)SargeMaximus Wrote: But it seems to me that karma is always a "bad" consequence. I mean, what about good ones? What about people who are born into wealth and luxury? A reward? I don't like that way of thinking because it hinders you from further aspiring to greatness. It suggests that the material realm (this world) is something of merit in that it can be rewarding or not. Whereas I believe that everything is insignificant compared to the universe (god) or, as I like to call it, our true self.

Being born into wealth and luxury is something that allows one to experience things from that point of view. It might be a reward, a life of play and rest instead of learning, or maybe there is a lesson to be learned in it. I have seen a lot of people born into wealth suffer because they have no real understanding of the value of love, or what love really is. They think everything has a price, and no idea how to get something that only works when it's given away - like love. In this sense, it can be a curse and a very difficult and painful lesson. It may also be intended to teach the person that the truly valuable and important things in life are not money or things or wealth, but trust, love, gratitude and the other things that lead to genuine happiness and fulfillment.

People who are born into the lap of luxury surely have the choice to aspire to greatness in any way they wish, as Siddhartha did and many others have as well.

Karma can reward as well as make you suffer. When you take the initiative to learn a lesson before being forced to, when the time comes that you would otherwise be forced to, you would be rewarded instead. There is nothing there to learn, so the scales are flipped and instead of suffering, you would be able to benefit.

In one way, there is no difference in the significance of anything, in my view, because ultimately, all things are united. There is no separation. The separation is an illusion created to focus our attention in specific directions so we can learn.

In another way, significance depends on what we are focused on and trying to learn. The material world is intended to act as a stage upon which we learn to be truly wise. How rewarding it is, or not, depends on what you are looking to gain from experiencing it and whether or not you do what it takes. It is always up to the individual as to how important a lifetime is toward their ultimate learning goals (sometimes you just need to take a break and have fun), and how seriously they apply themselves to doing what is necessary to achieve their stated goals each time.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - Ace - 10-14-2013

(10-13-2013, 10:33 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 09:41 PM)Ace Wrote: Good posts Shannon.

This gets into discussion of topics far and away from what the original thread is about, and really should be in the religion thread.

I think perhaps it would be more useful to point you to the work of Dr. Newton. Read his books and you'll understand a great deal more about this than I can reasonably explain here.

His first book is here: http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184855/ref=la_B000APC05I_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381732317&sr=1-1

And his second book is here: http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Souls-Studies-Between-Lives/dp/1567184995/ref=la_B000APC05I_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1381732317&sr=1-2
OK. Thanks for the books recommendation Shannon.

RE: ASC and attracting married women - SargeMaximus - 10-15-2013

(10-14-2013, 06:08 PM)Shannon Wrote: In one way, there is no difference in the significance of anything, in my view, because ultimately, all things are united. There is no separation. The separation is an illusion created to focus our attention in specific directions so we can learn.

In another way, significance depends on what we are focused on and trying to learn. The material world is intended to act as a stage upon which we learn to be truly wise. How rewarding it is, or not, depends on what you are looking to gain from experiencing it and whether or not you do what it takes. It is always up to the individual as to how important a lifetime is toward their ultimate learning goals (sometimes you just need to take a break and have fun), and how seriously they apply themselves to doing what is necessary to achieve their stated goals each time.

This is what I mean. Suppose you can be at peace with everything, and go through life completely "Zen-like". Does that mean you'll never achieve anything? No, but it also means you're outside the karma reward system. If you don't value material things, you cannot be rewarded that way, because it won't "work" on you. Same with suffering. If you take things as they are (simply events) you are effectively beyond the influence these carrot/stick dynamics would entail.

For example: bad things happen and have happened to me. I accept it as other people's craziness, not my own karma, OR as bringing it on myself through a faulty action.

I continue to go towards my goal in life without stopping because of a "bad" or "good" situation. I find a way to reach my destination, and take responsibility for everything that I can.

I am not a victim of karma, so I believe that karma (if it even exists) has to bend around me.