Subliminal Talk
Martial Arts - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Martial Arts (/Thread-Martial-Arts)

Pages: 1 2

Martial Arts - smash - 07-15-2010

hello partypeople,

a subliminal especially for martial arts would be fine. Content could be "switch killer instinct on by will", release fear of being hit, being able to throw hard punches ...

// smash

RE: Martial Arts - Spiral - 07-16-2010

My solid suggestion is use the ASC subliminal for a while and or that fear subliminal) and just start telling yourself "I know I stick up for myself and give a beating to anyone who deserves it." I'm sure there's a better way to rephrase that but something like that seems like it would really do the trick.

RE: Martial Arts - smash - 07-16-2010

I implemented ASC in my playlist in addition to AoS. Thanks to you spiral, that could do the trick, too.

RE: Martial Arts - Ryan - 07-16-2010

I'm sure Alpha male will really help with that as well Wink

RE: Martial Arts - Andrew - 08-11-2010

(07-16-2010, 04:36 PM)Ryan Wrote: I'm sure Alpha male will really help with that as well Wink

I have about 10 years of solid martial experience. This is definitely on my que to make with Shannon down the road. It would likely be split into two martial arts enhancement subs as a one-for-all would not be as effective: one for the more formless/intuitive styles (say Aikido, different types of Kung Fu, etc) and one for very technical/rapid response programming based arts (Wing Chun, BJJ, KajuKenbo, Hapkido, etc).

RE: Martial Arts - Shannon - 09-10-2010

when you're ready, Andrew, let's do it.

RE: Martial Arts [in progress] - Andrew - 09-14-2010

(09-10-2010, 04:10 PM)Shannon Wrote: when you're ready, Andrew, let's do it.

We'll begin on this two-type title when I'm done finishing the current round of changes for the forum/site.

RE: Martial Arts - Majordomus - 09-14-2010

Count me in in being a customer and a supporter for that one.
Sometimes it might boil down to this and I like being ready.
(09-14-2010, 10:56 AM)Majordomus Wrote: Count me in in being a customer and a supporter for that one.
Sometimes it might boil down to this and I like being ready.
By the way, in my experience, street fights (if I do not count drunk guys who cannot hold their piss together, not to mention anything else) often end on the ground and they get very close to the UFC thing.
So apart from technical divisions into style, it might be great if the subliminal instilled some healthy core beliefs of the type: "When under attack, I go decisively for victory" and "I find the easiest path to victory" "I amass enough energy to surpass my opponent's" or stuff like that which will also work to shift your adrenaline wave from flight to fight.
I have yet so see a fight like that, where the winner would not be more brutal, decisive, spatial genius.
Something like Garcias family. I am sure they anticipate their opponents movements a lot too.
Just a suggestion, guys, I am really looking forward to this one.

RE: Martial Arts - Ryan - 09-14-2010

Is this gearing towards a self-defense/stand-up for yourself sub or a sub to help a person who is currently involved in martial arts? Mainly, would this be at all beneficial to those who are not doing martial arts?

RE: Martial Arts - Andrew - 09-14-2010

(09-14-2010, 01:42 PM)Ryan Wrote: Is this gearing towards a self-defense/stand-up for yourself sub or a sub to help a person who is currently involved in martial arts? Mainly, would this be at all beneficial to those who are not doing martial arts?

This will be for a person in martial arts. Also we have no current plans for any UFC sport-fighting type of subliminal although you guys are welcome to request that separately as a sport product. I'm not going to start an argument here, but UFC is not martial arts, it's a sport. I don't see it having really any use for someone outside of martial arts.

RE: Martial Arts - Majordomus - 09-15-2010

(09-14-2010, 06:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 01:42 PM)Ryan Wrote: Is this gearing towards a self-defense/stand-up for yourself sub or a sub to help a person who is currently involved in martial arts? Mainly, would this be at all beneficial to those who are not doing martial arts?

This will be for a person in martial arts. Also we have no current plans for any UFC sport-fighting type of subliminal although you guys are welcome to request that separately as a sport product. I'm not going to start an argument here, but UFC is not martial arts, it's a sport. I don't see it having really any use for someone outside of martial arts.

Yeah, you are right, UFC is NOT a martial art, I was rather thinking along the lines of having some program that addresses the issue of self-defense most effectively.
Including threat-response patterns, physical coping with variety of situations, etc.
But since your response in these situations, given the speed with which they often happen, often boil down to your core beliefs anyway, I think that Overcome the Victim Mentality will put a solid foundation for that too.

RE: Martial Arts - rommel - 10-08-2010

Will this sub help muay thai practioniers? Because i don't know if you could call it only a sport.

RE: Martial Arts - Elusive - 02-27-2011

It would be great if it can help one to use techniques, from the specific art, on reflexes, without to much thinking.

RE: Martial Arts - Benjamin - 03-01-2011

I actually started typing up something for this thread. And after typing quite a bit and having much more, I think to get this subliminal in the right place for what I want, reality based self defense type stuff, it would be quite a bit project. I know alot of things from my experience from working security but communicating it is harder.

I have got better at it because I do teach this stuff, but if I typed up everything it would be a very huge post and Shannon would be scared to read it because of the size. I even think it would be way too much for one stage for what I think is needed for real self defense from my experience.

I have saved what I wrote incase I decide to keep writing it.

My views on this stuff are alot different than most people, from my own experience and learning from people who have also 'been there' and some of my opinions aren't popular.

But if it is going ahead and my input is wanted, I can continue with what I was writing.

The challenge I see is Shannon has experience making subliminals, but no experience in this actual area of self defense. And I and other people have experience but no idea how to word subliminals and their effect.

I hope what I have said makes some sense.

-Ben