Subliminal Talk
Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen (/Thread-Observ-of-my-Mother-ASC-5th-Gen)

Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Subeternal - 12-23-2012

I dont really have much to do these days. The world would end the day my mother became on frequent blogger or forum member. I decided to have her listen to this one because she could use the "improvement" and because she misses like 1-2 days a week of listening so 5G subs seem to be the only option for her and there arent many of them that that I find useful for her atm.

She gets around 6-8 hours on a stereo set up during the day sleeping mostly and sometimes at night depending on the day she works/ comes home.

As for results so far I seem to be seeing some changes. I know I may not be qualified but I've known her longer than anyone in the world and I know lots of her behavioral patterns and habits.

For the past 2 weeks she hasnt come home and start up a storm with what went on during the day. She usually gives me small stories about what went on that day in particular. The thing is she hasnt been "complaining" as much recently about co-worker. I understand her job is stressful but in my belief the more confident you are and more that you cope with things as a result the less you'll be inclined to complain in the sense of "this is what was done to me/ happened to me and I'm angry".

She had a odd dream the other day. She told me she was in a class and she accidently shitted herself. She told me the whole happening was colossal and it was pure liquid and went everywhere dripping down to the floor. Obviously she was frantic trying to get help with what was happening. When she told me that I kinda knew it was a "Shannon" induced dream. I told her that straight out and but had to explain to her that she was gonna have dreams like that again but not necessarily that same one.

I'm trying to get her in the habit of turning it on and playing it as much as possible. I like what I'm seeing so far.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Shannon - 12-23-2012

That one dreams, may be my influence. What they dream is up to them.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Benjamin - 12-23-2012

That's very cool your mum is open to it. My mum is open to nothing like that which is why I don't talk to my parents about such stuff because they tend to criticize it. Good that she is seeing results.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - ShanghaiKiwi - 12-24-2012

Yeah I tried to get my dad onto subs, specifically one for his bad hearing - but he just couldn't believe. Kept talking about how he is 'scientific'. Well, this is scientific, but he just can't take it.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Subeternal - 12-24-2012

(12-23-2012, 06:25 PM)benjamin Wrote: That's very cool your mum is open to it. My mum is open to nothing like that which is why I don't talk to my parents about such stuff because they tend to criticize it. Good that she is seeing results.

I really had to ease her into it. I have gotten into many so called "gimmicks" and pseudo science "junk" over the years. I kept talking about it and made all the effort in setting everything up in her room. She gave a fit the first time I told her to turn it on and play it but eventually she saw how easy I made it for her so she didn't mind it

(12-24-2012, 06:49 AM)brad1984mason Wrote: Yeah I tried to get my dad onto subs, specifically one for his bad hearing - but he just couldn't believe. Kept talking about how he is 'scientific'. Well, this is scientific, but he just can't take it.

My mom is a bit of the same. Getting her to be okay with it took me a while, had to reintroduce the topic and talk about the overall improvements I made in the past. A lot of positive inflection on my part. I think the older generation (born in the 40's 50's) in general have a hard set way of things and theres nothing beyond or outside of that schematic.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Shannon - 12-28-2012

I find the rejections based on being "scientific" hilarious. Scientific would approach it with neither assumption of success nor failure, but an "I don't know, let's see what happens" point of view. And then they'd let it prove itself, or disprove itself. This "scientific" stuff is "I'm afraid this might take away my free will, and this excuse sounds good so I don't lose face." Or, "I'm afraid this might actually work, and if it does, then what else might I have been wrong about? And then I have to re-assess all my beliefs, and that just scares me too much, so I'll give you this face saving excuse instead."

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Subeternal - 12-28-2012

Last night was the first time in ages that my mother went to bed before 9 pm. Maybe shes simply exhausted from work but I think the ASC is making her need more sleep than usual. Good thing she misses a few days in between anyway.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Subeternal - 01-03-2013

Ive seem to hit a wall with my mother's usage. She managed to not be home to sleep the past 6 days. Maybe its a coincidence but even if shes working all the time she rarely does that. With so many days off ASC I am pretty annoyed with her. I will see it as resistance on her part till I find proof otherwise.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Shannon - 01-03-2013

Very well could be avoidance.

RE: Observ of my Mother ASC 5th Gen - Strawberry Blonde - 03-07-2013

Hi Subeternal
Just read your post with great interest.
The most obvious thing that I noticed with ASC was that I too have stopped moaning and complaining about everything and everyone. As you so rightly said...a confident person dose not feel threatened by the negativity of others.
I think maybe the reason your mother might be avoiding listening at the moment could be because she is aware of the changes and maybe feels a bit out of her depth...perhaps she feels more comfortable with her old, familiar ways of dealing with things.
Maybe her growing self confidence has made her realise that there are other aspects of her life that could be changed...she might feel frightened to face up to what needs to be done.
Or maybe she just physically needs to rest her brain for a while.
Anyway I do hope she starts listening again soon...things can only get better.