Subliminal Talk
Second run through of AM 5.0 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Second run through of AM 5.0 (/Thread-Second-run-through-of-AM-5-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Spiritman - 01-26-2013

I am six days into stage 2, and so far I can tell it is helping me with the stuff I am now faced with. The company I am currently with is downsizing, but the way they're handling it is really pissing me off. They have lied several times about how things are going to go. They are dragging their feet on who they are going to let go. It sounds like we won't for a whole week before anything is clear. If you're going to lay people off, just do it! Don't make people wait a whole week, which is what is happening right now. It is really putting some serious stress on my co-workers, and people are in total panic mode. I think this program is helping me to focus on what is important to me, by not focusing on this mess. Instead, focus on what I want and where I want to be in life. I have noticed I am trying really hard to stay positive with this whole thing going on and how it is being handled.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Sean - 01-26-2013

The FUD created by an imminent RIF is usually hard to handle. We're having a similar RIF at my office, and fortunately it's directed at our top-heavy management structure, so I'm safe. Still, I feel as though I'm less anxious about the results.

Honestly, I'm hoping my boss gets axed.

(01-26-2013, 10:05 AM)Sean Wrote: The FUD created by an imminent RIF is usually hard to handle. We're having a similar RIF at my office, and fortunately it's directed at our top-heavy management structure, so I'm safe. Still, I feel as though I'm less anxious about the results.

Honestly, I'm hoping my boss gets axed.

There is an outside company coming in that deals in management duties. They will be overseeing the current management now, but the bosses are acting very conceited. They're trying to keep all employees in fear; however, they fail to see what is going to happen. Once this other company fully takes over, they will be bringing in their own personnel and fire all these lazy SOB managers. So, for now, they're all cocky, but I know they will get what is coming to them in due time.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Shannon - 01-26-2013

The stupidity of management in the United States in many companies is astounding to me. Especially the biggest. It seems that the bigger a company is, the more clueless their management gets.

(01-26-2013, 10:22 AM)Shannon Wrote: The stupidity of management in the United States in many companies is astounding to me. Especially the biggest. It seems that the bigger a company is, the more clueless their management gets.

Tell me about it. The ones I currently work for are some of the most laziest, worthless management I have ever seen in my life. But for now, I am just biding my time until I am able to find something that is more suitable.

Commonly, the reason for this is that anytime you have a corporation, you typically have a structure in which people do not have to take personal responsibility to maintain their recompense. Without personal responsibility, the natural tendency to human laziness shows up, and from there it's all downhill. When you directly tie performance to recompense, you immediately incentivize maximum performance. Salary? Salary kills mitovation. Management is always salaried and has a corporate mindset of "It's not my responsibility" in big corporations. Add that to the selfish desire to succeed for oneself instead of the team, or the company, and you have American Big Business.

(01-26-2013, 10:44 AM)Shannon Wrote: Commonly, the reason for this is that anytime you have a corporation, you typically have a structure in which people do not have to take personal responsibility to maintain their recompense. Without personal responsibility, the natural tendency to human laziness shows up, and from there it's all downhill. When you directly tie performance to recompense, you immediately incentivize maximum performance. Salary? Salary kills mitovation. Management is always salaried and has a corporate mindset of "It's not my responsibility" in big corporations. Add that to the selfish desire to succeed for oneself instead of the team, or the company, and you have American Big Business.

You described them so perfectly with that statement.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Sean - 01-26-2013

(01-26-2013, 10:22 AM)Shannon Wrote: The stupidity of management in the United States in many companies is astounding to me. Especially the biggest. It seems that the bigger a company is, the more clueless their management gets.

Corporations are monsters or golems, in the most literal sense: they are artificial persons. They are run by people whose liability is limited so severely that the consequences for acting with near-complete selfishness are nonexistent.

That's actually the point. That way they can act as they please, while individually claiming to be not doing anything untoward.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Spiritman - 01-27-2013

I do have to say running through this program the second time is making me feel and act somewhat in different. I guess you would call it being humble, with all the stuff I am currently facing. I normally would be some what anxious but I am more like "It is what is, you just have to trust that things will change when the time is right. There is no need fretting over things you can't control."

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Spiritman - 02-02-2013

Here is an update, the girl at work I like, was eating lunch with a female co-worker I work with. Later on, that co-worker told me that Sarah (not her real name) was talking about me at lunch. The co-worker said that Sarah told her I liked her posts, her pictures all the time on Facebook. I was also told she is dating a doctor, but at the same time the co-worker made it sound like Sarah wasn't getting what she wanted from other guys. Plus, I believe Sarah told her all this stuff because she knew the co-worker would tell me.

Which to me is a good sign that she is starting to show more interest with me. I am currently 12 days in on AM stage 2, and I have to say I am starting to be more in the present moment. Furthermore, when I walk I seem to be walking more carefree or nonchalantly. I had an incident where I was in the mall, and you know those pushy salesmen that try to get you to buy things? Well, I had one like that try to get me fill out a card for pictures. I told him no thanks, but then he asked me if I had girl or kids, which I told him not right now. He tried to be a bit more pushy; however, I told not right now, but I would keep him in mind in the future. The point I am trying to get across is, I still have a bit of problem saying no. I was a bit more assertive than I have been in the past, so I am making progress in that area.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Spiritman - 02-18-2013

I wanted to share some updates on how things are going with stage 2 so far. In two more days, I will be starting stage 3. What I have noticed is now when I am walking, I seem to be more in the moment. I am not worrying about whether people are looking at me. It sort of seems like I am starting to be more comfortable in my own skin. I am now starting to see myself not really caring what people think of me or say about me. People have tried to discourage me from my goals I have set for myself, but I am not letting that effect me one bit. To me, it sort of looks like now that I have more respect for myself, others (especially the ones that have talked down to me) are starting to respect me more.

I am getting a lot more looks from the women, plus with the one girl, I have my eye on; she walked past me the other day. Usually I would get all happy and excited but this time; I wasn't effected at all. It was like yeah here comes this hot sexy woman, but I am not really affected by it. It was a very weird feeling because I have never had that kind of response when I have seen her coming towards me etc..

Shannon, just to let you know that link B.I.A.T.H.M in the female section is broken.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Shannon - 02-18-2013

Which link? I am able to access the product page just fine.

RE: Second run through of AM 5.0 - Benjamin - 02-18-2013

I see the issue, it was displaying for us Shannon but not others. Fixed.

-Ben