Subliminal Talk
Sean's AM Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Sean's AM Journal (/Thread-Sean-s-AM-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-25-2012

Ben, that's not uncommon at all. Every one of my women has always enjoyed the clean-but-sweaty smell, meaning that I had showered recently but had worked out. We excrete pheromones in our armpits, and I think they come out stronger when we're sweating.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 09-26-2012

I have noticed that ever woman I have had a serious relationship with, every single one, loved my natural scent. Sweaty or not, they loved to smell me. It's common to have the ones who respond that way put their head on my chest and just smell me while we're laying down or whatnot. It's just a matter of her body detecting a genetically compatible male. When your immune system is at maximum delta from hers, she'll respond that way because she's looking to diversify her offspring's immune system as much as possible at a genetic level.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-26-2012

Yesterday was also illustrative of the changes that are occurring. I left the office at 4 to rest before picking up my son from his mother's house for dinner, shopping, and his Boy Scout meeting. Just as I was fading into a nice nap in the car, my work cell phone rang. There was an urgent approval required that would not wait until tomorrow. My job doesn't typically have emergencies, so this was a surprise, and I was angry. Someone else's failure to plan became my emergency to handle. Typically, I spend several hours to several days researching and interrogating before moving a request from my queue to the next stage. This one needed to be done in under an hour.

I was getting more irritated as the evening wore on, because this was preventing me from spending time with my son because the request came in poorly-documented by someone who knows better.

I got my part done, and cleaned up the entries so the next guy in the process doesn't have the difficulties I did, leaving the office two hours later. I was able to get my boy to Scouts on time, but I missed the time spent socializing with him.

Every day, my boss becomes more and more of an irritation to me. This issue that came up last night was not a genuine emergency: it was pure crap. He received the first phone call, and he should have told them that it was too damn bad, that we don't do this outside of business hours. Just typing that out reminds me of Shannon's recent post where he said, "Life is much happier when we learn to have no expectations."

This highlights that I still have expectations of him. That I expect him to be someone he is not, and to behave like someone he is not. And realizing that is lifting a weight off of me.

I have found that when I let go of expectations of people, it naturally seems to be replaced with sadness for their blindness and resistance to improvement (where I encounter that). However, expecting someone to do their job is another matter. Don't expect your boss to be competent, but don't let him screw you because he's not.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-26-2012

(09-26-2012, 10:15 AM)Shannon Wrote: I have found that when I let go of expectations of people, it naturally seems to be replaced with sadness for their blindness and resistance to improvement (where I encounter that). However, expecting someone to do their job is another matter. Don't expect your boss to be competent, but don't let him screw you because he's not.

He's a bully, which means he's afraid of much in his life. He likes to say "no" to those weaker to him, and say "yessah" to those in power above him. He praises rarely and privately, and he chastises publicly and frequently. Last night was a rare occurrence, and I doubt it will happen again for a while. If he starts trying to screw me, which he did last year, I'm not putting up with it.

The new earphones have arrived. Just based on trying them on in the office, I believe these are going to be very comfortable while sleeping. I'll post a review tomorrow.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Benjamin - 09-26-2012

Actually now that you mention it Shannon, my ex talked about when I left an item of my clothing like a jacket she would sleep with it because of the smell. I found it a bit strange at the time. :Z

I hate it Sean when people tell me something is an emergency when I know it really isn't. People who have done it before it gives them less chance I will reply, and when I ring them and it's nothing that important it pisses me off.

It's also a comfort thing. They associate your scent with security and safety, so they try to be close to it when you're not there.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - massagemaggie - 09-27-2012

(09-25-2012, 12:01 PM)Sean Wrote: Has anyone else noticed their own personal scent changing as they go through AM? Today, I noticed that my armpits don't have a sharp sour smell anymore; they're more of a smooth musky scent.

This could also be due to the change in my diet. I am following a paleo diet, so I have multiple variables and can't control for any of them right now.

I believe diet has a huge impact.. While I'm certain AM changes hormones, diet obviously does as well. My scent changes throughout the month in a female cyclical way, but diet makes even more of a marked and obvious change. I normally avoid very pungent foods -- since I do massage and work very closely with my clients and do not want them to smell me consciously. I know eating paleo, or at least mostly paleo + just a little dairy makes me generally love my smell, other people really seem to as well. Not just men either Blush

RE: Sean's AM Journal - massagemaggie - 09-27-2012

Not dwelling on this, something just ocurred to me.

Stress, fear, discomfort, anxiety all cause a rather sour and unpleasant smell and taste in a person. I ccan onsciously detect the change in "flavour" scent and taste wise in men.
I bet AM changes that, as a general rule.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-27-2012

Maggie: AWw, and here I was thinking you were getting all hung up on my smell from a couple thousand miles away.

All, I tried out the headphones last night, and they're much more comfortable than anything I've ever used. They fit snugly within the outer ear, so I didn't have them poking out into the pillow. Also, the wires are bendable around your ears so they hook into place pretty naturally. I have very small ear canals, so I will have to order smaller foam tips, but that's no big deal to me.

In conclusion, I will use these on weekends when I have my sons at hotels with me and I need to use my sleeping hours as AM5 time as well. At home, i will continue to use my stereo, since listening to AM5 so powerfully all night long is pretty exhausting: I overslept by two hours this morning.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - FunkeyMonkey - 09-27-2012

(09-27-2012, 08:17 PM)massagemaggie Wrote: Not dwelling on this, something just ocurred to me.

Stress, fear, discomfort, anxiety all cause a rather sour and unpleasant smell and taste in a person. I ccan onsciously detect the change in "flavour" scent and taste wise in men.

Have you kissed a lot of nervous men? : )

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Yuri - 09-27-2012

(09-27-2012, 09:43 PM)FunkeyMonkey Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 08:17 PM)massagemaggie Wrote: Not dwelling on this, something just ocurred to me.

Have you kissed a lot of nervous men? : )

or maybe the real question is do u tend to make men nervous =0?

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-28-2012

I've six days left on Stage Two, and the past few nights I've been completely wiped out come morning. I'm inclined to believe that this means some part of Stage Two's script has finally overcome some amount of resistance, or is about to do so.

Last night my brother was in town, so we had dinner at my parents' place. I found myself really impatient with my father and brother when they were too caught up in their discussion to get things moved to the table so we could eat. Carrying a baby in one arm, I started just doing things myself, like moving the glass serving dish to the table one-handed. My dad took the hint and started helping. My brother sat down and waited for dinner to come to him.

It was interesting how I was seeing my brother differently. He has a very competitive, alpha attitude. He's very successful, a natural leader, and charismatic. Last night, I was less tolerant of his braggadocio, and I cut him off a few times when he was touting his successes. I foresee a very interesting year ahead where our relationship transforms, and it will be for the better. My brother and I love each other very much, and we'll adjust to the new paradigm.

UPDATE:

This morning, I ran into a woman in my office who I've seen many times before. There's never been any interaction beyond a head nod. She hasn't even given me a courtesy smile. I walked into the break room to make some green tea, and her back is to me. She turns around to see who entered, and I lift my chin to her. She responds, "Heeeeey" in that drawn out way that usually means, "Hey there, handsome."

She walked out, and two seconds later comes back to get her stuff from the microwave: she had forgotten it. She stayed longer than she needed to, cleaning up crumbs from the counter while I finished getting my tea. I left when I'd finished what I was doing.

I physically categorize her as attractive-but-not-my-type. She's very short, very petite, and has short spiky hair, with exotic features. Some of the guys around here are gaga for her.

Awww yeah! It would seem that my alpha attitude and presence is starting to appear.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 09-30-2012

These past few days have been pretty rough. I've been oversleeping, unmotivated, apathetic, somewhat cranky, and unhappy with the state of my life. My room is a mess, and I started the weekend with the goal of cleaning it. After a lot of procrastination, I've done maybe 25% of what I wanted to do. The room is still messy, but a little less so. Boxes haven't gotten to the storage unit, the bedsheets are still unwashed, and I didn't shower today.

I did return a pair of shoes, and I fixed my car remote with some contact cleaner, but I'm totally dissatisfied with what I've accomplished. Is this one of those rough patches?