Subliminal Talk
Sean's AM Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Sean's AM Journal (/Thread-Sean-s-AM-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Spiral - 02-12-2013

I enjoyed reading your testimonial, Sean.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - HMoody - 02-12-2013

Awesome Changes Sean! I was in a similar position after the first run through of AM11 where I saw a lot of good changes but not all the ones that were indicated in the description. I can see that AM 5 is much harder hitting and can't wait to run it after I finish up OGFS. I get the sense that the 2nd time around the progress will be unbelievable!

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 02-13-2013

(02-12-2013, 01:47 PM)Shannon Wrote: Have you ever seen a skyscraper built, Sean? They have a machine they use to build them that assembles things on one floor, and then uses what it just assembled to hike itself up to where it needs to be to build the next floor.

That has been my experience with AM. Some variables will be less or more developed, and based on where they are when you start, some will be less or more resistant to change. That's why I recommend doing the program once a year, because the changes must fully integrate ("set") before you can build on them. Then the next iteration, each variable will be adjusted based on where it started at that point, and eventually, all variables are dealt with.

I would say you got quite a bit out of just one run through compared to what it used to be like when I started. I dare say that I got the equivalent of 3 to 4 run-throughs of the early designs out of just one of AM 5.0. Now it's time to let yourself finish "becoming" it.

WM 2.0 will give you positive results at this time, based on that growth, yes. If I were you, I would pick something that would occupy me for 3 to 6 months and then re-run AM 5.0 (or 6.0, if it exists, and is your desire). WM 2.0 is a good choice because it helps maintain and increase AM 5.0's programming, without directly focusing on it.

Thank you for a complete and appropriate answer, Shannon. I wanted to confirm the lower floors are sufficiently strong to build the next level. It is better to get the advice of an expert than to proceed foolishly and waste time.

(02-12-2013, 08:28 PM)Spiral Wrote: I enjoyed reading your testimonial, Sean.

Thanks, Spiral! I hope others can benefit from it as well.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Benjamin - 02-13-2013

Congrats for finishing Sean! It was an awesome journey wasn't it! Wink Love your results.

6 days left for me on AM 5.0.

-Ben

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 02-14-2013

(02-13-2013, 05:59 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Congrats for finishing Sean! It was an awesome journey wasn't it! Wink Love your results.

6 days left for me on AM 5.0.

-Ben

I'm so eager to start WM2!

I've noticed an unadvertised benefit, that I've lost all of those Nice Guy [per Dr. Robert Glover] behaviors, like covert contracts, or feeling ashamed of my desires.

Some girl I've been chatting with called me out for flirting with multiple women. I said that I was, because I'm looking for high quality women, and if she couldn't accept that, I would miss chatting with her. She's filipina, so a harder reframe would have been too much.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Spiral - 02-14-2013

Sean Wrote:Extended ego balancing

I don't even know how to define this, so it is neither successful nor unsuccessful.

Do you feel like you have a sense of entitlement over everyone else? A very strong sense of pride? Do you think you are better than any one person? Do you have a need to defend yourself and opinions most if not all the time (this is not if someone is being disrespectful but more along the lines of a debate... always winning the arguement)? Are you ungrateful?

If you answer yes to any of those questions.. your ego is unbalanced and you have less modesty and humility than someone who is more accepting, understanding, empathetic and compassionate.

After running SM 1.0, letting go of unhealthy habits like this was much easier. I consciously focused on this as well towards the end of my journey with SM and going in to my second AM run through.

Shannon may be able to shed more light on this subject.

Anyways, I think you'll enjoy WM. I look forward to reading about your successes!!

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 02-14-2013

Ego balancing is necessary in AM because as you build the self esteem and self respect and self confidence, it is easy to inflate the false ego unintentionally at the same time. We don't want false ego. We want genuine self worth, without an overblown sense of self aggrandizement.

The highest levels of alpha don't need false ego because they really are all that. But what makes them the highest levels of alpha is that, even knowing that they really are all that, they don't need to say so, or act like idiots because of it. They simply are, and they allow others who have the capacity to comprehend that to do so if they can.

False ego is the enemy of the True Alpha. That's why you don't see true alphas getting into fights to prove how tough they are: they're above that sort of idiocy. The Master knows he has the skill, and does not need to say so, because he doesn't rely on anyone else for his validation of his own skills. Likewise the True Alpha. And when that false ego is controlled, balanced, transformed into true ego (genuine self validation and understanding), he achieves something that puts him in that highest level of alpha-ness: genuine class.

Extended ego balancing means that through the whole program, we are seeking to temper, balance and transform the false ego into true ego.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 02-14-2013

That is clear, now. It makes complete sense that someone might get an overblown ego and act like a jerk when they escape the lower echelons of the hierarchy. I've updated that to be a success, because it has worked so well I didn't even consider it.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Benjamin - 02-14-2013

Quote:I've noticed an unadvertised benefit, that I've lost all of those Nice Guy [per Dr. Robert Glover] behaviors, like covert contracts, or feeling ashamed of my desires.

Some girl I've been chatting with called me out for flirting with multiple women. I said that I was, because I'm looking for high quality women, and if she couldn't accept that, I would miss chatting with her. She's filipina, so a harder reframe would have been too much.

Smile It's funny that, when you are comfortable with it usually they change their mind.

Quote:Do you feel like you have a sense of entitlement over everyone else? A very strong sense of pride? Do you think you are better than any one person? Do you have a need to defend yourself and opinions most if not all the time (this is not if someone is being disrespectful but more along the lines of a debate... always winning the arguement)? Are you ungrateful?

Interesting, I made alot of those improvements now that you mention it. I am much more grateful in general and alot more now when somebody has a really stupid opinion I don't feel the need to defend mine as much and get into massive arguments.

Funnily enough at the same time, if somebody really wants to talk shit and get in an argument at times I enjoy it now and am like "if you want an argument I will give you one." And strangely i've found that when I get in that mindset alot of them totally change their tune.

Quote:False ego is the enemy of the True Alpha. That's why you don't see true alphas getting into fights to prove how tough they are: they're above that sort of idiocy. The Master knows he has the skill, and does not need to say so, because he doesn't rely on anyone else for his validation of his own skills. Likewise the True Alpha. And when that false ego is controlled, balanced, transformed into true ego (genuine self validation and understanding), he achieves something that puts him in that highest level of alpha-ness: genuine class.

I had a funny thing the other day, on a forum someone posted an article "25 Traits of an Alpha Male" and one guy criticized it saying it sounded like a gangster, can't remember exactly but he seen it in a negative light. And I seen nothing like that.

I said "Obviously you have a lot of nice guy programming if you think that". And planned to help him learn something.

He come back explosively "Fuck you you little bitch, you don't know anything about me".

Wow... and I actually burst out laughing at this obvious attempt of him trying to look tough and show he is a 'big man'. It didn't offend me at all, I simply said "And with one sentence you have proven my point."

I got nothing back.

But yeah, that was a great example of what you are talking about.

-Ben

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Laura - 02-15-2013

Thank you for posting your results, Sean. What a great idea! I enjoyed reading them.

I think when I do AF, I'll evaluate the points before running the set and then evaluate them once I'm through again.

And congrats on your results Smile.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 02-15-2013

Thanks Laura. I look forward to congratulating you on your results later this year.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 02-15-2013

Laura, I suggest you get you copy soon, because your time is almost up. Prices will be going up soon.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 03-14-2013

An interesting thing happened at the office today.

There is an item of contention between my department and another. I created the contention, because the foundation of the item is bullexcrement. As I was speaking to one director about it, another walked up to discuss it as well. I'm a single contributor, but this office is fairly egalitarian so I had no worries of rank issues during the discussion.

The second director, who we will call Kim, took an opposing position to mine. I made it clear that I felt that the issue is absurd, and that no other company takes this position with their customers. While there are many aspects to the whole issue, I was addressing only a single point. The director said that he felt my position was myopic and the reason "they can't trust [my] team with more discretion." He repeated several times that he disagrees, to which I responded, "I'm OK with that. We can disagree."

I'm pretty sure I saw arcflashes from his synapses shorting out.

The best part, though, is when I was addressing the first director, and he started talking over me. I kept talking, hoping he would back off, but he kept going. So I stopped, looked at him, and said, "Kim, I really hate being interrupted. Please stop." in a calm voice.

His expression is what I would expect had I sucker-punched him. He let me finish my argument, then made his, which was now completely out of context. He couldn't get past my admonition to stop interrupting, and had to continue what he was saying.

It was awesome, because I was so emotionally detached from the argument. I was able to establish my position and stick to it, while ignoring what I considered to be red herrings and distractions.