Subliminal Talk
Sean's AM Journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Sean's AM Journal (/Thread-Sean-s-AM-Journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Benjamin - 10-05-2012

Haha Smile

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-05-2012

I just remembered: the dancer I want to use WK on made me "pinkie swear" that I will come back soon. I think she may already be a little interested. Smile

Dream: 10/5/12 - Sean - 10-06-2012

I had a very strange dream last night.

I parked in an odd building*, and was driving a full-size Dodge pickup truck. The parking garage was in the middle of the building, covering many floors and laid out with no sense of order or intuitive layout. While inside, I saw a peewee hockey game that one of my sons was playing in.** I also sat down and had lunch with Sean Hannity. Politics was not discussed. I kept losing track of where I parked, finding my truck, parking somewhere else, and moving on to a new strange interaction in the building.

Someone once told me that a building in a dream usually represents The Self. I've got a complex self, then. Big Grin

* No building is ever normal in my dreams.

** Neither of my sons currently plays hockey

RE: Sean's AM Journal - MangoEruption - 10-06-2012

Hey Sean, how are those Shure SE215's holding up? I need to buy new earphones since my etys got torn last year and read that the SE215's are ideal for sleeping with due to the ergonics of the design. That's how Ive been using the subs BTW, Ive been using cheapo Phillips at night and need something comfortable to use with a pillow.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-06-2012

ME, I just used them last night. They're much more comfortable than my previous el-cheapo headphones were. Not perfect, but they're way better, nestled into your ears rather than hanging way outside like most do.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - K-Train - 10-06-2012

Just out of curiousity Sean, have you noticed a positive difference between wearing headphones at night versus just playing the subs on a speaker? Normally I can get about 2-4 hours of exposure through headphones but I'm honestly wondering how much better my results would be if I could get 6-8 hours of exposure through headphones at night plus daytime exposure.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 05:51 PM)K-Train Wrote: Just out of curiousity Sean, have you noticed a positive difference between wearing headphones at night versus just playing the subs on a speaker? Normally I can get about 2-4 hours of exposure through headphones but I'm honestly wondering how much better my results would be if I could get 6-8 hours of exposure through headphones at night plus daytime exposure.

I haven't compared to that level of accuracy, but I must say that headphones are far more powerful than my stereo, which is not set up stereophonically around my bed, but off to the left of where I sleep. It wouldn't matter if it were set up that way, because I am a side sleeper and would not get stereo for most of my sleeping hours.

I am inclined to say that 6-8 hours while sleeping with a stereo will have better results than 2-4 with headphones. If you can get some hours with headphones during the day, and the speakers at night, that would be a great combo.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - K-Train - 10-07-2012

Thanks for the fast reply Sean. Hopefully I can grab a comfortable pair of headphone sets for night wear especially before I try using any 5G subs.

PS: Great suggestion about the Mass Building subliminal Sean. I'm hoping that it gets made because I feel a lot of people could benefit from it especially when New Year's comes around and people make (and break Tongue) their resolutions.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - MangoEruption - 10-07-2012

Nice, I'll be getting those Shure SE215s soon enough. They look a hell of a lot more comfortable to sleep with than the ones I use. Out of curiosity, which track do you use? Ocean or trickling stream?

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-07-2012

I use trickling stream. The relatively stable noise level helps me sleep, I've found.

Does anyone know why it fades out every 30 minutes?

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Shannon - 10-07-2012

Because the original build of the cover audio was 30 minutes long. Is that annoying to you? It would do the same thing if you were using a 30 minute track.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-07-2012

It's not annoying: it's just something I noticed and wondered about.

It has been a very relaxing weekend so far. I had to address a point with my older son's mother, and handled it very calmly and powerfully. Normally she interrupts constantly, and that is one of my pet peeves. I was able to explain how much this bothers me without blowing up at her. Further, I was able to get her to see some of the ways she is interacting with him that are not working, and I requested very concrete changes in her behavior for him.

Following that, we had a talk between the three of us to address how things are going for him. He felt more open to bring up some things that were bothering him, and afterwards, he was very grateful because my presence changed how she reacted, making it easier for him to explain his position without being overwhelmed by his mother's overbearing personality.

This is a big victory for both of us, and I'm very happy to have helped my young man stand up for himself.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - Sean - 10-09-2012

Stage 3 is hitting me hard. I'm REALLY tired and my motivation to do anything went right out the window.

I went back to the club where that dancer works last night, and she didn't show, so no testing of the TUW subs. I'll try again later this week. I had a few beers while I was there, and I think I'm reacting badly to having had those.

RE: Sean's AM Journal - K-Train - 10-09-2012

Stage 3 for me was when I became heartless and unmotivated. I cared for nothing and nobody. In the past, Stage 3 was the stage where "the big guns" were brought out and the majority of the AM programming was put in. So right now, your in the final stage of "cleaning out the closet" before the social programming starts kicking in when you reach Stage 4.

If you're having a bad time with da booze, try to increase your Vitamin B intake for the next few days to help your body metabolize the alcohol.

Oh and good hunting with those TUWs Cool.