Subliminal Talk
Online dating success... - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: Title Requests & Suggestions (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Title-Requests-Suggestions)
+--- Thread: Online dating success... (/Thread-Online-dating-success)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Online dating success... - Ryan - 08-29-2012

Lol. yes you can tell this baby was written during SM Wink Actually, in all honesty I just take my flaws and exaggerate them like crazy. Most women don't get that I am a douche from it because I openly admit that I am a douche. Some are like..."why would I want to date a douche?" in which you just use clever conversation. But for the most part, coupled with my messages, brought the most success and the majority (esp. older women) would say "OMG I loved your profile!!" I still get random messages even though I'm not active on the site anymore.

Ryan

RE: Online dating success... - Sean - 08-29-2012

That is some premium work there, Ryan. Fantastic push-pull and hamsterbaiting.

RE: Online dating success... - Benjamin - 08-29-2012

Haha I love it Ryan!

The few stages I did of SM i'm pretty sure I wrote a very direct profile but it wasn't that good. I didn't keep it for long though.

At the moment I can't be bothered with online dating, or anything like that. Guess that is Stage 1 of Alpha.

-Ben

RE: Online dating success... - MangoEruption - 08-29-2012

Damn Ryan, I'm damn close to copying your profile lol.

RE: Online dating success... - J. Jay - 08-29-2012

Freaking brilliant profile Ryan Smile It would stand out above 99% of other boring men's profiles. I may have to borrow some of it ;-p

RE: Online dating success... - massagemaggie - 08-30-2012

I don't think my profile is really relevant in this thread, as I'm probably not looking for the same thing as the women you would be after, and Ryan's successful profile would not be on my radar. Again, it's about what specifically one is looking for. I think I am a lot older than you guys, and the profiles that are appealing to me are ones who come across as intelligent, secure, and with a degree of class and decorum. The quiet, radiating understated confidence and power, as well as the manners and decorum of a CEO, businessman, or owner (it's the mannerisms and traits, not the job!) is very sexually appealing, rather than the cocky bravado of a young man with high sex appeal to a younger crowd. Again, it's the kind of thing I want from a man and -- rather than a profile that will appeal to the masses and attract sex from lots of beautiful young women.

My very much diminished (since moving here) profile is:

"I REALLY enjoy life, do you?"
About Me
I've just moved back home to Canada after almost 13 years abroad, am on here to meet good people, someone to have a drink with on occasion and perhaps an activity partner. I'm reasonably new to biking/swimming/jogging but do them regularly.

I'm not looking for husband number two or a one night stand.
I AM looking for someone who knows how to enjoy life and is generally positive, open minded, likes to laugh, and understands that you cannot receive what is not inside you to give. Be, in order to have.

I am generally satisfied and eager for more in life. I enjoy myself, what's around me, have a lot to keep me occupied, and would love to rendezvous with others as interested and enthralled with life, love and the universe as I am.

RE: Online dating success... - Ryan - 08-30-2012

Feel free to use it as a template guys, let me know how it works out for you.

Ryan

RE: Online dating success... - Sean - 08-30-2012

Maggie,

You misunderstood: I was asking what worked in men's profiles or messages that stood out to you.