Subliminal Talk
whome: OF4 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: whome: OF4 (/Thread-whome-OF4)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: whome: OF4 - Shannon - 08-31-2022

(08-29-2022, 12:11 PM)London1 Wrote: This is not looking promising at all...when are we going to get a sub that works

Are you trying to be offensive, or is that just a side effect?

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 11:58 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 12:11 PM)London1 Wrote: This is not looking promising at all...when are we going to get a sub that works

This is just some rando who posted in my thread. It’s not me.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 11:56 AM)whome Wrote: Sorry I didn’t mention it. I’ve been using ultrasonic, which is why I was verifying it was really going with the spectrum analyzer. I can switch to hybrid starting with today’s loops. Still four loops per day, 2 days on and 4 off?

I’m going to do today as four loops with hybrid.

RE: whome: OF4 - Benjamin - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 03:30 PM)whome Wrote:

It's okay, Shannon wasn't directing it at you but at London1.

RE: whome: OF4 - London1 - 09-01-2022

Gee Sor-ree...I was trying to find a way to delete the post but I couldnt find it.

RE: whome: OF4 - Benjamin - 09-01-2022

What's with the attitude London1? Cos you got called out on your attempt to create drama by selectively ignoring other things that are going well? And now this sarcastic post. You aren't helping yourself here.

RE: whome: OF4 - Shannon - 09-03-2022

I understand that.  No issue with you.  I understand your situation.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 09-04-2022

Days 40–47

I switched to the hybrid version, but keeping to the same “special use case” schedule that I was using (four loops, on 2 days/off 4 days), 8/16 volume, etc.

I was reading some of the posts on this board, and there was something that Shannon said that reminded me of a session with a practitioner that I had the other day.

(09-03-2022, 09:54 PM)Shannon Wrote: If you can't freely approach people who are not women you are attracted to, then it's fear at the root of it.

[...]

Stuff like self esteem issues is usually a fear of not being good enough, although in rare cases, it can be an experience or something you were told which you interpreted in such a way as to form a belief that damages your self esteem without fear.

In my session with the practitioner, we hit the topic about talking to people (in general, not specifically attractive women). I was already feeling emotionally wrecked for other reasons, so I explored the emotions and sensations that were coming up. On one hand, I was feeling intense fear that people would hurt me, which felt like echoes from childhood experience. On the other hand, there was this deeply-felt bodily knowledge that I was disgusting and revolting, especially when I was being emotional, again echoes from childhood experience.

So I find @Shannon’s statement about self-esteem issues interesting. Yes, there is a ton of fear around talking to people and interacting with the world for me. However, there is also this deep sense of being disgusting and revolting. It doesn’t feel like this is feared, but rather, it feels accepted as truth, resulting in hopelessness that makes me feel dead inside. Cleaning out the fear will certainly help, but how to crack the part of me that can’t accept that anyone can really like me, or hears anything nice and is convinced that they’re only telling me what they think I want to hear?

RE: whome: OF4 - KingDavid93 - 09-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 08:22 AM)whome Wrote: Days 40–47

I switched to the hybrid version, but keeping to the same “special use case” schedule that I was using (four loops, on 2 days/off 4 days), 8/16 volume, etc.

I was reading some of the posts on this board, and there was something that Shannon said that reminded me of a session with a practitioner that I had the other day.

(09-03-2022, 09:54 PM)Shannon Wrote: If you can't freely approach people who are not women you are attracted to, then it's fear at the root of it.

[...]

Stuff like self esteem issues is usually a fear of not being good enough, although in rare cases, it can be an experience or something you were told which you interpreted in such a way as to form a belief that damages your self esteem without fear.

In my session with the practitioner, we hit the topic about talking to people (in general, not specifically attractive women). I was already feeling emotionally wrecked for other reasons, so I explored the emotions and sensations that were coming up. On one hand, I was feeling intense fear that people would hurt me, which felt like echoes from childhood experience. On the other hand, there was this deeply-felt bodily knowledge that I was disgusting and revolting, especially when I was being emotional, again echoes from childhood experience.

So I find @Shannon’s statement about self-esteem issues interesting. Yes, there is a ton of fear around talking to people and interacting with the world for me. However, there is also this deep sense of being disgusting and revolting. It doesn’t feel like this is feared, but rather, it feels accepted as truth, resulting in hopelessness that makes me feel dead inside. Cleaning out the fear will certainly help, but how to crack the part of me that can’t accept that anyone can really like me, or hears anything nice and is convinced that they’re only telling me what they think I want to hear?

Yes I can also sympathize with the above statement (at least on some level I feel a deep sense of lacking of what is necessary to get the job done and being all that I need to be in order to be with the women I want to be with and be friends with and make the connections in life that I want to make)

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 09-11-2022

Days 48–54

The two “on” days were 49 and 50. Hybrid.

There’s nothing that I’m noticing that I can specifically pinpoint to being from the sub. I am working with an EMDR-based practitioner and we’re working through things, but is it moving things deep down? Maybe?

I also started wearing contacts again (I had laser eye surgery 15 years ago) and that kinda helps me connect to the outside world.

RE: whome: OF4 - Shannon - 09-11-2022

With so few results from using these subliminals, why do you still use them?

(09-11-2022, 12:29 PM)Shannon Wrote: With so few results from using these subliminals, why do you still use them?

Desperation? Vague hope?

The grief and pain and terror run, and ruin, my life. I need something, anything, to break them and allow me to escape them.

If I believed that the subs were definitely having no effect on me, I would stop using them. But my belief is that they might, just might, be doing something. Because they’re relatively inexpensive, and they don’t rank as very risky to my well-being, these subs are on the list of things I’m doing to break my emotional issues.

It’s not that I don’t have answers to the issues of what’s plaguing me, it’s that I don’t even know how to name what’s plaguing me. So I’m throwing everything I can find at it, hoping that some combination of them will be what frees me.

If you would prefer that I don’t post reports to this board, please say so and I will oblige. I will likely continue to use the subs for the reasons I mention.

RE: whome: OF4 - London1 - 09-11-2022

(09-11-2022, 12:50 PM)whome Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 12:29 PM)Shannon Wrote: With so few results from using these subliminals, why do you still use them?

Desperation? Vague hope?

The grief and pain and terror run, and ruin, my life. I need something, anything, to break them and allow me to escape them.

If I believed that the subs were definitely having no effect on me, I would stop using them. But my belief is that they might, just might, be doing something. Because they’re relatively inexpensive, and they don’t rank as very risky to my well-being, these subs are on the list of things I’m doing to break my emotional issues.

It’s not that I don’t have answers to the issues of what’s plaguing me, it’s that I don’t even know how to name what’s plaguing me. So I’m throwing everything I can find at it, hoping that some combination of them will be what frees me.

If you would prefer that I don’t post reports to this board, please say so and I will oblige. I will likely continue to use the subs for the reasons I mention.

(09-11-2022, 03:40 PM)London1 Wrote: The closest thing that matches what I feel is AvPD/severe social anxiety. Just plagued by fear and awkwardness

Pain and grief and terror here, so I get the struggle of trying to figure out how to label what you’re experiencing, not to mention about figuring out how to treat it.

I’ve been chewing on @Shannon’s question of why I keep listening to his subs, and I must admit to being confused. Shannon has provided special instructions specifically for people like us, the “special use cases”, so I thought he would understand that providing those instructions would lead to folks who are exceptionally tough cases giving OF4 a try, and that even with those “special use case” instructions not everyone would execute.

Because you provided “special use case” instructions. I’ve not had success with earlier subs of yours, true, but this time you said it was more powerful than ever, and you provided instructions for people with severe emotional issues like mine. That’s why I’m running OF4.