Subliminal Talk
whome: OF4 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: whome: OF4 (/Thread-whome-OF4)

Pages: 1 2 3

whome: OF4 - whome - 08-01-2022

Days 1–13

I am definitely, definitely a “special use case”, so I’m doing four loops (back-to-back) on a 2-on-4-off schedule, ultrasonic, at an 8/16 on my iPhone sitting on the side table about 1½ feet away. On my “on” days, I start it when I get home in the evening and know I’m not going out any more. Half the days I’ve finished the 4 hours before I go to bed, and the other half I just go to bed and finish up the loops overnight.

I started on 20 July. I have in my notes that on the first two days at least I was noticing some buzzing in my arms. I guess I’m feeling that now sorta, if I pay attention to my arms, but then again, buzzing in my arms seems to be something that I notice with subs a lot:

(03-11-2022, 04:32 PM)whome Wrote: I’m nine days in. There’s a light buzz in my arms, but that’s all that I’m noticing for now.

(04-28-2021, 07:08 PM)whome Wrote: About halfway through the loop today, my arms started buzzing, and they’ve been buzzing since. It’s a good kind of buzz, that I’ve run into before, where some kind of energy is flowing.

Let’s see how this goes.

RE: whome: OF4 - ncbeareatingman - 08-01-2022

Congrats on beginning Ofv4. Its a doosey, very effective and powerful. More power to ya!!

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-06-2022

(08-01-2022, 07:13 PM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: Congrats on beginning Ofv4. Its a doosey, very effective and powerful. More power to ya!!

Thanks!

Days 14–18

Day 14 was a day on, but days 15–18 were days off.

Nothing to mention. Wrestling with emotions still.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-13-2022

Days 19–24

Last Sunday and Monday (days 19 and 20) were days on, so I did the four loops, 8/16, etc. Nothing to report so far.

I’m still doing an EMDR-derived therapy at the same time. Something is happening with that, but I’m not sure what. There’s always some change before and after the eye movements, but it’s hard to ascribe any results to the therapy or the OF sub.

Today will be day 25 and an on day, but that’s going to happen later.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-21-2022

Days 25–32

Days 25, 26, 31 and 32 were days on. Ultrasonic, 8/16, four loops, etc. Nothing to report in terms of the pain and grief changing.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-27-2022

Days 33–39

Days 37 and 38 were the “on” days. For those days, I played it on an iPhone, 8/16 volume, FLAC, four loops via the Documents app, with verification from a spectrum analyzing app that it was indeed playing.

It’s been about five weeks now, and I’m not noticing anything. The first few days I felt some buzzing in my arms, but I don’t experience that any more. Otherwise, nothing. I’m looking at the other folks, talking about dreams or sensing some kind of release, or whatever, but for me my emotions continue on the same.

The problem with AutoConfig seems to be that I can’t tell the difference between the silence of it not having changes to the schedule to suggest and the silence of it (and the rest of the sub) not executing.

At what point do I, say, switch to the hybrid version to see if I can get something, anything, executing?

RE: whome: OF4 - London1 - 08-29-2022

Rise up lights!!

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 12:11 PM)London1 Wrote: This is not looking promising at all...when are we going to get a sub that works

To be clear, I’m a particularly emotionally broken person. I would not rely on my experience to be representative of what you can expect. There are plenty of folks on this board who look like they’re having success with OF4.

Let me handle my own successes and failures with subs. You don’t need to reply on my behalf.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-29-2022

Given that it’s been 5 weeks and I can’t sense anything going on, what’s the best way to kick it up a notch? Should a take out an off day and move to three days off? Should I switch to hybrid?

RE: whome: OF4 - Benjamin - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 12:11 PM)London1 Wrote: This is not looking promising at all...when are we going to get a sub that works

Have you not noticed several other journals who are reporting really good results on OF v4 and are just selectively focusing on this case of one person having some issues where there is obviously something quite deep going on for that to happen?

RE: whome: OF4 - Benjamin - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 03:08 PM)whome Wrote: Given that it’s been 5 weeks and I can’t sense anything going on, what’s the best way to kick it up a notch? Should a take out an off day and move to three days off? Should I switch to hybrid?

I'm not sure what to suggest unfortunately, Shannon will have to expand on this one. Have you changed any variables so far or just stuck to the original instructions?

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-30-2022

(08-29-2022, 10:49 PM)Benjamin Wrote: I'm not sure what to suggest unfortunately, Shannon will have to expand on this one. Have you changed any variables so far or just stuck to the original instructions?

Strictly the original instructions. On 2 days, off 4 days. On an iPhone, 8/16 volume, FLAC, four loops via the VLC app, with verification from a spectrum analyzing app that it was indeed playing.

(Edit: Why did I say the Documents app? I’ve been using VLC this entire run, as it doesn’t chew up battery playing FLAC like Documents does. Brain glitch, I guess.)

RE: whome: OF4 - Shannon - 08-31-2022

(08-30-2022, 05:40 AM)whome Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 10:49 PM)Benjamin Wrote: I'm not sure what to suggest unfortunately, Shannon will have to expand on this one. Have you changed any variables so far or just stuck to the original instructions?

Strictly the original instructions. On 2 days, off 4 days. On an iPhone, 8/16 volume, FLAC, four loops via the VLC app, with verification from a spectrum analyzing app that it was indeed playing.

(Edit: Why did I say the Documents app? I’ve been using VLC this entire run, as it doesn’t chew up battery playing FLAC like Documents does. Brain glitch, I guess.)

Have you tried using Hybrid format?  You didn't say what format you're using.  By the sounds of it we would just need to override your resistant parts, which there should be plenty of space to do from here, but it has to be done carefully.

RE: whome: OF4 - whome - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 11:54 AM)Shannon Wrote: Have you tried using Hybrid format?  You didn't say what format you're using.  By the sounds of it we would just need to override your resistant parts, which there should be plenty of space to do from here, but it has to be done carefully.

Sorry I didn’t mention it. I’ve been using ultrasonic, which is why I was verifying it was really going with the spectrum analyzer. I can switch to hybrid starting with today’s loops. Still four loops per day, 2 days on and 4 off?