Subliminal Talk
Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G (/Thread-Becoming-A-More-Physical-Fit-Version-Of-Myself-HOWL-5-9G)

Pages: 1 2

Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Z-Man - 06-12-2022

So I brought this program and started May 9. I don’t know what to thing about it yet.

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

I have been running as per instructions, some days I might walk on treadmill. Usually 1 hour. If I have more energy and feel good I will go longer if I have time. Before, I brought this program I started to walking on treadmill more days since I wasn't  working to get me away from that couch. 

I started a new job on May 31; it’s a good job. I don’t love it; it’s a paycheck and better then nothing. There is a lot to learn there. She just basically training me by going thru the manual; they try to push you to go on the phones right away, so it could a little stressful.  

So, I weight myself today I am at 166. So, I only loss 6 pounds. That is just 1.5 per week. Nowhere near 12 pounds, a little disappointing.  I don’t eat a lot food and with exercising it should be close to 12 pounds.

My, clothes do fit a little looser and I don’t know if it takes away appetite. I haven’t been eating any snacks at night like I usually do it I get hungry, just the meal.  

Sometimes, it hard to get in 7 loops. I have to starting listening before I go to bed.

@Shannon
So, should I run this program without any rest days? Use Hybrid? Should I add more loops? 

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Shannon - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 10:51 AM)Z-Man Wrote: So I brought this program and started May 9. I don’t know what to thing about it yet.

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

I have been running as per instructions, some days I might walk on treadmill. Usually 1 hour. If I have more energy and feel good I will go longer if I have time. Before, I brought this program I started to walking on treadmill more days since I wasn't  working to get me away from that couch. 

I started a new job on May 31; it’s a good job. I don’t love it; it’s a paycheck and better then nothing. There is a lot to learn there. She just basically training me by going thru the manual; they try to push you to go on the phones right away, so it could a little stressful.  

So, I weight myself today I am at 166. So, I only loss 6 pounds. That is just 1.5 per week. Nowhere near 12 pounds, a little disappointing.  I don’t eat a lot food and with exercising it should be close to 12 pounds.

My, clothes do fit a little looser and I don’t know if it takes away appetite. I haven’t been eating any snacks at night like I usually do it I get hungry, just the meal.  

Sometimes, it hard to get in 7 loops. I have to starting listening before I go to bed.

@Shannon
So, should I run this program without any rest days? Use Hybrid? Should I add more loops? 

You're losing weight at a safe rate. Why are you disappointed? Just be patient.

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Z-Man - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 02:38 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 10:51 AM)Z-Man Wrote: So I brought this program and started May 9. I don’t know what to thing about it yet.

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

@Shannon

I thought I would lose 3 pounds per week. That is 12 pounds a month. I wanted to lose more. Should I change how I am listening to this?

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Shannon - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 02:59 PM)Z-Man Wrote:

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

@Shannon

I thought I would lose 3 pounds per week. That is 12 pounds a month. I wanted to lose more. Should I change how I am listening to this?

What volume are you using?

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Z-Man - 06-12-2022

(06-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Shannon Wrote:

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

@Shannon

I am using 27/30 mask version ocean/trickling stream. Would I get better results with hybrid?

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Benjamin - 06-12-2022

I'm not sure why you're getting upset.

From my end I read this and see you've got very obvious results to be losing weight after starting, around 1kg a week (in my conversion).

And you're basically disregarding that and getting upset, and sounds like you almost think it's just a 'coincidence' even though it's after starting HOWL.

I can tell you from dealing with weight issues for years, and going from 130kg to 78kg (I'm around 90kg now and have maintainted that, 78kg was a bit small for me) that it's best to lose a bit at a time like you are and adjust to it than try to lose more.

Even with losing around that amount a week when I was losing weight, it took quite alot for my mind to adjust to it, i'd see myself in photos and be like 'is that really me'.

Just work on building the right habits, and doing the right things and stay consistent, that's much better over time than doing things that some people do like going on a crazy weight loss shake diet where they lose heaps and then put it back on because they can't maintain that. It has to be something you can do in the long term consistently, not doing so much that you get burnt out and give up.

(06-12-2022, 04:59 PM)Z-Man Wrote:

I am 5’8’’
Weight 172

@Shannon

I am using 27/30 mask version ocean/trickling stream. Would I get better results with hybrid?

Actually, that's a higher volume than you should be using.  You don't need to try "more power" (Hybrid).  You need to try less perceptory pressure first.  Go for a month at a volume of 24/30 and see how that does.

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - CatMan - 06-17-2022

(06-12-2022, 10:09 PM)Shannon Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 02:38 PM)Shannon Wrote: You're losing weight at a safe rate. Why are you disappointed? Just be patient.

Actually, that's a higher volume than you should be using.  You don't need to try "more power" (Hybrid).  You need to try less perceptory pressure first.  Go for a month at a volume of 24/30 and see how that does.

Just to add something here that can be of use...

I've lost WELL over 75 pounds over time, in two separate stints too. It took long-term effort and diligence.

Also, I've had many plateaus, some lasted days, some a week or so.

I've also had many weeks where I didn't lose the *maximum safe amount* of 3/4 pounds per week. It's not a big deal. Just stick to it long term and you should be fine. If the sub makes diet and appetite changes over time, the weight loss should uptick a bit until you get leaner and losses are harder. Don't worry.

One of the things I did was drink a lot of water a day. I'm up to 3L of water a day. That helped a lot with weight loss for me.

6 pounds of weight loss over a month just for "pressing play" here and there, people would give anything for such a thing. I'm pleasantly surprised it may be doing anything, it's quite an achievement, @Shannon.

All the best. Just relax, you're doing great. Think long term. You'll be a new man by the end of that run. Believe me.

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Z-Man - 06-17-2022

(06-12-2022, 02:38 PM)Shannon Wrote: You're losing weight at a safe rate. Why are you disappointed? Just be patient.

Thanks Shannon, I will try that. Sometimes less is more.

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Z-Man - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 07:00 AM)CatMan Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 02:59 PM)Z-Man Wrote: I thought I would lose 3 pounds per week. That is 12 pounds a month. I wanted to lose more. Should I change how I am listening to this?

I've lost WELL over 75 pounds over time, in two separate stints too. It took long-term effort and diligence.

I've also had many weeks where I didn't lose the *maximum safe amount* of 3/4 pounds per week. It's not a big deal. Just stick to it long term and you should be fine. If the sub makes diet and appetite changes over time, the weight loss should uptick a bit until you get leaner and losses are harder. Don't worry.

One of the things I did was drink a lot of water a day. I'm up to 3L of water a day. That helped a lot with weight loss for me.

6 pounds of weight loss over a month just for "pressing play" here and there, people would give anything for such a thing. I'm pleasantly surprised it may be doing anything, it's quite an achievement, @Shannon.

All the best. Just relax, you're doing great. Think long term. You'll be a new man by the end of that run. Believe me.

Thanks CatMan, just got focus on the numbers on the description page. I have been walk 1 hour a day, for stress and it's just good for you. But I should drink more water, keep forgetting about that.

(06-12-2022, 08:56 PM)Benjamin Wrote: I'm not sure why you're getting upset.

From my end I read this and see you've got very obvious results to be losing weight after starting, around 1kg a week (in my conversion).

And you're basically disregarding that and getting upset, and sounds like you almost think it's just a 'coincidence' even though it's after starting HOWL.

I can tell you from dealing with weight issues for years, and going from 130kg to 78kg (I'm around 90kg now and have maintainted that, 78kg was a bit small for me) that it's best to lose a bit at a time like you are and adjust to it than try to lose more.

Even with losing around that amount a week when I was losing weight, it took quite alot for my mind to adjust to it, i'd see myself in photos and be like 'is that really me'.

Just work on building the right habits, and doing the right things and stay consistent, that's much better over time than doing things that some people do like going on a crazy weight loss shake diet where they lose heaps and then put it back on because they can't maintain that. It has to be something you can do in the long term consistently, not doing so much that you get burnt out and give up.

Hey Ben, I was upset because I was focus on the number on the description page. I want to lose 12 pounds a month. I will follow Shannon advised and do 24/30. I guess less can be more, we will see what happens...

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Shannon - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 08:59 AM)Z-Man Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Shannon Wrote: What volume are you using?

Thanks CatMan, just got focus on the numbers on the description page. I have been walk 1 hour a day, for stress and it's just good for you. But I should drink more water, keep forgetting about that.

It is common for people to read things and not really read them for what they're actually saying.  The description said that the maximum was 3 pounds per week, and that it was designed to get you to lose 2-3 pounds per week.  The design is the goal, but unfortunately, there are a lot of factors that prevent the goal from always being achieved perfectly, and I cannot account for every possible such factor.  I have changed the description to try to make things clearer.  But there will be some for whom 3 pounds a week is the result, and some who get less. 

If you get less than 2 pounds per week of weight loss in response to this program, it will indicate that there is some part of you working against the program because it perceives weight loss to be some sort of threat to you staying alive.  The fact that it genuinely believes that "You're going to DIE if you lose weight!"  And is therefore fighting with everything it has to "stay alive", and this program is still achieving any weight loss at all, is pretty impressive when you think about it.  It's only been since ~ 5.75/5.8G came out that such a result is possible.  And it still may not happen for everyone.

I still don't understand this deep lizard brain terror that X = DEATH!!!!11!11!11!!, where X is [executing DMSI and getting laid, executing UMS and getting rich, executing weight loss and getting healthier, etc]... but that's what we have to deal with.

Remember, "designed to achieve a maximum of 3 pounds of weight loss per week" does not equal "guaranteed to achieve exactly 3 pounds of weight loss per week".  Unfortunately, it happens a lot that people read 3 and somehow conclude that that's exactly what will result, every time.  I think it comes from the fact that we have so much information thrown at us every day now that we tend to skim everything instead of really read it.  My program descriptions are very long because they have to be very detailed and informative so my customers can make the right choices for them without spending money on something that isn't what they really wanted and needed.  It's worth slowing down and reading what I write in these descriptions for that reason.  Wink

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - Shannon - 06-17-2022

(06-12-2022, 02:59 PM)Z-Man Wrote: I thought I would lose 3 pounds per week. That is 12 pounds a month. I wanted to lose more. Should I change how I am listening to this?

CM, if you're drinking that much fluids, may I suggest you drink something with electrolytes in it or somehow otherwise supplement your electrolyes to prevent undesirable electrolyte imbalance?

RE: Becoming A More Physical Fit Version Of Myself---HOWL 5.9G - CatMan - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 10:00 AM)Shannon Wrote:
(06-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Shannon Wrote: What volume are you using?

CM, if you're drinking that much fluids, may I suggest you drink something with electrolytes in it or somehow otherwise supplement your electrolyes to prevent undesirable electrolyte imbalance?

Fair enough! Good tip there.

To be honest, for a long time I was guilty of NOT drinking lots of water daily. Been enjoying a new habit for a long time now and slowly increasing the amount as my body has gotten used to the amount. It's been going very well and a healthy step forward for me. So I suppose to an extent, maybe it's the opposite extreme I'm at now, haha.

Appreciate the tip about electrolytes.