Subliminal Talk
Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Frequently Asked Questions & Resources (FAQ) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Resources-FAQ)
+--- Thread: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? (/Thread-Are-high-end-buetooth-speakers-usable)

Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Churchill - 01-15-2022

Just bought a JBL Extreme 3. It's a Bluetooth stereo speaker. 

I intend playing the masked tapes at night.

Although it's a relatively high end speaker, it's still Bluetooth. 

Am I setting myself up for no results?

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Benjamin - 01-15-2022

That's something that hasn't been fully established. Generally Shannon has said it 'might' reduce results as it may lose some frequency over blutooth. But others on the forum have said they've used it and it's been okay.

So best answer is to see how it goes for you.

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - GreekGod22 - 01-17-2022

Quote:The JBL Xtreme 3 uses Bluetooth 5.1 and only supports the SBC Bluetooth codec
Quote:SBC has a bad reputation among the Bluetooth audio codecs for its high lossy compression algorithm and hence, overall lower audio quality. But in fact, SBC is a pretty flexible codec. It is able to support up to the 48 kHz sampling rate at 16-bit bit depth. It is also able to transmit data at rates as high as 345kbps.

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Churchill - 01-19-2022

Well there yah go. Thank God I waited to confirm before throwing my money into EPRHA.

Can't use earphones/headphones because they hurt my ears. Will wait till I can afford a wired speaker setup before jumping into these.

Thank you all for the help

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Shannon - 01-20-2022

Easy way to get an idea of how well it works for free: Download one of the free subs. Play the ultrasonic format on your phone (without bluetooth) and observe the shape of the response curve using FrequenSee. Then play it again (ultrasonic) using the BlueTooth. If the shape is roughly the same and the volume can be made the same too, then odds are it's working.

Lossy codecs lose high pitch and low volume sound, both of which are used to create subliminals. So you have to be careful.

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Churchill - 01-21-2022

Output from my phone's speakers.
[attachment=727]

Output from my bluetooth speaker.
[attachment=728]

What do yah think?

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - London1 - 01-23-2022

What if it supports SBC and AAC?

RE: Are high end buetooth speakers usable? - Churchill - 01-27-2022

(01-21-2022, 01:53 AM)Churchill Wrote: Output from my phone's speakers.

Output from my bluetooth speaker.

What do yah think?

I was hoping Mr. Shannon would give a reply to this