Subliminal Talk
OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless (/Thread-OFv2-Dominant-Fearless)

Pages: 1 2

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - GreekGod22 - 06-07-2021

Day 9

Felt normal today, like my old self. No perceived effect from the sub on the conscious level these past 2 days.
Maybe a bit more anger coming to surface than usual.

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - GreekGod22 - 06-08-2021

Day 10 

Quote:I'm saying that you are responding to the influence of the program in pretty obvious ways.  It's negative because you have a lot of fear and you chose to use a version of the program we moved on from because it was not able to prevent such responses when the person had a lot of fears.  It can still work, but the process isn't going to be as easy to handle in the beginning.  

Your compulsive desires to drink and masturbate are tactics your subconscious has learned to use to cope with and escape the fear that you are being directed to process.  Insecurity regarding your looks is a direct descendant of fear - insecurity is fear.  So what you're displaying is that you have a lot of fear, and the program isn't powerful enough in that version to work without triggering fear and the reactions you use to cope and try to escape..
@Shannon The cravings have gotten more intense. Not only to masturbate like a hedonist, but also day drinking and even smoking. I was never a smoker, I only smoke socially once in a while. I had intense cravings for a cigar today twice.
Is this a form of resistance? Based on what I've shared, do you think OFv2 is not going to be enough for me to remove my fears, and only hope is from OFv3?

I wonder if OFv2 can power through or OFv3 is needed to get the job done.

Or perhaps a reduction in volume or switching from Hybrid to Masked would be better?

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - Benjamin - 06-08-2021

It's definately something OF is doing, it will likely get stronger the closer it gets to hitting upon something important or intense around this.

On AM6 I used to get resistance and start feeling like crap and all i'd want to do is play games for days on end. When you're in the middle of feeling like that it's difficult to realize but eventually it usually ends up breaking through.

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - Shannon - 06-08-2021

(06-08-2021, 01:04 PM)GreekGod22 Wrote: Day 10 

Quote:I'm saying that you are responding to the influence of the program in pretty obvious ways.  It's negative because you have a lot of fear and you chose to use a version of the program we moved on from because it was not able to prevent such responses when the person had a lot of fears.  It can still work, but the process isn't going to be as easy to handle in the beginning.  

Your compulsive desires to drink and masturbate are tactics your subconscious has learned to use to cope with and escape the fear that you are being directed to process.  Insecurity regarding your looks is a direct descendant of fear - insecurity is fear.  So what you're displaying is that you have a lot of fear, and the program isn't powerful enough in that version to work without triggering fear and the reactions you use to cope and try to escape..
@Shannon The cravings have gotten more intense. Not only to masturbate like a hedonist, but also day drinking and even smoking. I was never a smoker, I only smoke socially once in a while. I had intense cravings for a cigar today twice.
Is this a form of resistance? Based on what I've shared, do you think OFv2 is not going to be enough for me to remove my fears, and only hope is from OFv3?

I wonder if OFv2 can power through or OFv3 is needed to get the job done.

Or perhaps a reduction in volume or switching from Hybrid to Masked would be better?

It's a coping mechanism intended to help you escape from something feared by distracting from it or making it impossible to feel the fear.  Most "addictions" are, in fact, and I wouldn't be surprised if "physical addiction" was actually on the minority side of why people are addicted in most cases.  

If you were resisting, you wouldn't be executing enough to have a reaction that strong that your subconscious felt the need to "cope", and thus do such things.

One of the reasons I created FRM v5 and OF v3 is that cases like yours exist, where the program can work you through the fears, but it is very unpleasant and tends to trigger strong coping mechanisms that are very unhealthy.  Not that the program is at fault for the coping mechanisms, mind you; those are what you have come up with on your own, and as with many addictions that are really just misdirected efforts to cope with something painful and or scary, you can teach yourself better and more positive coping methods than sex, drugs and the like.  However, OF v2 is not powerful enough, for some people, to deal with the fears well enough to prevent this sort of discomfort.  That is important, because who wants to spend time working through fears while being uncomfortable, while feeling cravings to do things unhealthy for them, while trying to learn new coping methods?

It's not like that for everyone who uses OFv3, but for those who do experience it, it goes without saying that it would take a lot more dedication and determination to work through your fears using OFv2 than most people are willing to put into it.

I don't spend time upgrading something unless there's a very good reason to do so, which equates to, I think I can make it work a lot better.

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - GreekGod22 - 06-10-2021

Day 12

Nothing notably new to report.
Also had a dream last night, but I can't remember it anymore.
Fear of approaching women remains.

This is my last day on OFv2, marking the end of this journal
I went ahead and purchased OFv3.

@Shannon Do you recommend a pause between switching from OFv2 to OFv3? I'd start from tomorrow, if that's fine.

RE: OFv2 - Dominant & Fearless - Shannon - 06-10-2021

(06-10-2021, 09:14 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote: @Shannon Do you recommend a pause between switching from OFv2 to OFv3? I'd start from tomorrow, if that's fine.

You can start immediately or you can take as much as a couple weeks off.  Up to you.