Subliminal Talk
whome: OF3 - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: whome: OF3 (/Thread-whome-OF3)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: whome: OF3 - Shannon - 05-26-2021

(05-26-2021, 11:28 AM)4Kingdoms Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 11:21 AM)Shannon Wrote: After thinking about it, I've concluded that what you describe - craving stronger than alcohol to run more loops - is very important and significant in ways that are too serious to not act on.  So I'd like you to allow yourself to use OF v3 as many loops per day as you want, and use it as many days on as you like, with as many days off as you like.  Let's see how that goes.

And for anyone else out there reading this... this applies ONLY to whome.

@Shannon I believe you meant this for NOMAD he spoke about cravings here https://subliminal-talk.com/Thread-OFv3-Only-I-will-Remain-Reloaded?pid=245242#pid245242

That is correct.  Thanks for catching that.

RE: whome: OF3 - Benjamin - 05-26-2021

(05-25-2021, 05:19 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 03:42 AM)RTBoss Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 03:29 AM)GreekGod22 Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 12:58 PM)whome Wrote: Day 2
At only an hour long, a day’s listening session goes by quickly. And with two-on-three-off ASRB2, I’m calendaring for Friday to make sure I listen.
Wait, 3 loops of OFv3 are just one hour Sad ?

One loop of OFv3 is one hour long.  The instructions state to run one loop per day, two days on - three days off.
That is so little listening time. I remember 5.5G, the listening time was 3 loos / day, totaling 4.5 hours

I remember back in my day listening to AM6 for about 18 hours a day while walking to school on a road covered in broken glass, with no shoes and a big hole in my pants.  Roflmao

RE: whome: OF3 - whome - 05-27-2021

Day 5

Third day off. Still feeling grief and pain rattling through me.

RE: whome: OF3 - whome - 05-27-2021

Day 5 continued

OK, that was f-ing weird.

I use the Clubhouse app, and I was wandering around rooms, and I went into one and immediately a woman in there called my name, and said that she’d often seen me in the morning room I’m usually in, and that I’m awesome, and she’d always wanted to tell me that. And that threw me for a loop. I thanked her, but even now that makes not a bit of sense.

No, it wasn’t like that; a guy in the room started teasing her for hitting on me (“shooting your shot” is a big thing on Clubhouse) and she immediately started clarifying that she didn’t mean it in that way, and I wasn’t attracted to her, but I’m still in shock over this. I’m still trying to figure out what the f just happened.

RE: whome: OF3 - whome - 05-28-2021

Day 6

An ultrasonic loop, with a brief 3 second skip at about ten minutes to the end due to a phone call. Suppose that’s the downside of using my phone. Perhaps I should turn on DnD for the run.

RE: whome: OF3 - Kol - 05-28-2021

I put my phone on airplane mode just in case when running subliminals for that reason.

RE: whome: OF3 - Jake2015 - 05-28-2021

(05-28-2021, 12:39 PM)whome Wrote: Day 6

An ultrasonic loop, with a brief 3 second skip at about ten minutes to the end due to a phone call. Suppose that’s the downside of using my phone. Perhaps I should turn on DnD for the run.

Yeah in the past this was always 1 of my issues since the hours we had to listen to back them were lots compared to OF3. So yes now I pop on DND for 2hours. After the 1hour loop is done and if you're awake turn it off. 

or as Kol said use Flight/Airplane mode.

RE: whome: OF3 - fab10 - 05-29-2021

(05-28-2021, 07:09 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:

Yeah in the past this was always 1 of my issues since the hours we had to listen to back them were lots compared to OF3. So yes now I pop on DND for 2hours. After the 1hour loop is done and if you're awake turn it off. 

DND or “sounds off” is better imo because 
1) It turns off all other sounds like alarms, reminders, etc.
2) If you wish, you can still see if somebody calls or messages you.

RE: whome: OF3 - RTBoss - 05-29-2021

(05-29-2021, 09:08 AM)fab10 Wrote:
(05-28-2021, 07:09 PM)Jake2015 Wrote:

DND or “sounds off” is better imo because 
1) It turns off all other sounds like alarms, reminders, etc.
2) If you wish, you can still see if somebody calls or messages you.

I turn on airplane mode, and then turn my WiFi back on - that way people can still message me.  If my wife calls, or there's an emergency, I'm screwed if they call - lol.  

With DND, I find that I can't control my volume.  It's even turned my volume to near zero, so I don't use it anymore.  Perhaps user error on my end?  No need to reply to my post, here.  If anyone would like to, please copy/paste/reply in my OFv3 journal.

RE: whome: OF3 - fab10 - 05-29-2021

Don’t you guys have an old phone or iPod or laptop or tablet or any of the other dozen devices that can play music? I see this objection so often that I am starting to think it’s a form of unconscious resistance.

Don’t take it the wrong way Jake, but bro, you used to be the champion of finding ways of sabotaging your listening. I’m happy to see that you stopped doing that.

RE: whome: OF3 - whome - 05-29-2021

Day 7

Using DnD on my iPhone while having it play. Watching a spectrogram on my iPad verifying that there is indeed the ultrasonic showing up.

Otherwise still feeling the grief and sadness and terror.

RE: whome: OF3 - whome - 05-29-2021

Day 7 Continued

This is a weird thread.

I don’t mind conversation on my journal threads, and I don’t even mind if that discussion is off-topic, but it’s surprising me how much wildly off-topic discussion has found its way onto here. It seems like almost everything I say that was intended as a quick aside turns into long unrelated tangents (the DnD switch, the “only one loop for one hour”) and there are unrelated tangents too (the advice from Shannon to NOMAD).

For what it’s worth, a) I honestly don’t care and b) I have no idea if this is related to my use of OF3, but I am actually kinda surprised by how this journal thread is turning out because this is like my sixth or so journal thread, and I have never had so much off-topic chatter and discussion on a journal thread happen before.

RE: whome: OF3 - RTBoss - 05-29-2021

I think you have a lot of interest in your journal from forum members, and speaking for myself and my best guess, not a lot of members can relate to your situation with existential pain.  I'm not sure what that feels like, and I personally would feel pretty dumb offering any advice to you, when you're in much a different place than me.

As far as why you have off-topic commentary, I think it was an opportunity for interaction with you.   "Oh, look!  I can offer some advice and/or have interaction with whome on a familiar level ---> <insert comment> !"  My best guess.

Anyway, I'll keep reading and rootin' for you, whome.

RE: whome: OF3 - Shannon - 05-29-2021

I have concluded that off topic commentary usually means people like you. If it bothers you, just say the word and we'll stop. Smile