Subliminal Talk
Where are UMS and UMOP? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Other-Topics)
+--- Forum: The Chatter Box (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-The-Chatter-Box)
+--- Thread: Where are UMS and UMOP? (/Thread-Where-are-UMS-and-UMOP)

Where are UMS and UMOP? - SexyMofo - 03-19-2021

Where has Ultra Monetary Success gone to? Is it being redeveloped? I hope Shannon tweaks it. likewise UMOP. It has been a while since UMOP disappeared. had lackluster results with it. hope the internal plumbing gets checked. Still waiting for the improved versions of those two Smile

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - Benjamin - 03-19-2021

Shannon hid UMS in preperation for making the newer version, it still will be a while off but some people get upset if they aren't aware and buy the earlier version then a new one comes out.

UMOP he might have hid since he felt it needs to be updated, but I can't really remember so Shannon can confirm.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - SexyMofo - 03-20-2021

hopefully the updated versions will be able to iron out things and make it as efficient as his other creations.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - Shannon - 03-24-2021

As Ben said, UMS is not public because we want to discourage people from buying it right before (i.e., within ~2 months of) the new version coming out so they don't get uset at having purchased the older version right before a new version comes out.

UMOP is one of those things I decided to put down and wait for a while so the tech could advance, since it gets so much resistance. I don't know when it'll be upgraded, but sooner or later. I think the 5.75.7G and higher tech level will be good for that sort of thing, but we still have to prove it out before I invest the time in rebuilding that program.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - kserenyi - 04-08-2021

(03-24-2021, 05:37 PM)Shannon Wrote: As Ben said, UMS is not public because we want to discourage people from buying it right before (i.e., within ~2 months of) the new version coming out so they don't get uset at having purchased the older version right before a new version comes out.

UMOP is one of those things I decided to put down and wait for a while so the tech could advance, since it gets so much resistance.  I don't know when it'll be upgraded, but sooner or later.  I think the 5.75.7G and higher tech level will be good for that sort of thing, but we still have to prove it out before I invest the time in rebuilding that program.

Will there be a path to upgrade to the new UMS program for free or at a discount, or will it be so different that it will require a separate purchase?

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - Shannon - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 04:34 AM)kserenyi Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 05:37 PM)Shannon Wrote: As Ben said, UMS is not public because we want to discourage people from buying it right before (i.e., within ~2 months of) the new version coming out so they don't get uset at having purchased the older version right before a new version comes out.

UMOP is one of those things I decided to put down and wait for a while so the tech could advance, since it gets so much resistance.  I don't know when it'll be upgraded, but sooner or later.  I think the 5.75.7G and higher tech level will be good for that sort of thing, but we still have to prove it out before I invest the time in rebuilding that program.

Will there be a path to upgrade to the new UMS program for free or at a discount, or will it be so different that it will require a separate purchase?

The rule is, if it's a 6+1 stage set being upgraded to a 6+1 stage set, and it's a 1-step version increase (v2 to v3, for example), then some of the titles may get a discount.

UMS is a 1 stage program being upgraded to a multi-stage program, and there are multiple tech generations between v1 and v2.  It is not eligible for a free or discounted upgrade.

But, consider that you're getting a "discount" because I haven't raised prices to reflect the actual price of the more advanced tech generation OR inflation, and you're really getting quite a "discount", more than 50% off from what it will cost when I return prices to where they actually should be.

UMSv2 will (most likely) come out as one of the following:
3+1 stage (3 + refresher/all in 1);
4 stage;
6 stage;
6+1 stage.

Here is the price it will be for each option, vs what it would be if I was not holding the prices down to accommodate the impact of the pandemic on people's wallets:

3+1 stages: 
Bought 1 stage at a time, 4x$114.95 = $459.80 total.  Bought all at once: Probably ~$400.  
Full price bought one at a time: 4x$258.45 = $1,033.78; Bought all at once: Probably ~$775

6+1 stages: 
Bought 1 stage at a time, 7x$114.95: 804.65 total.  Bought all at once: $600.
Full price bought one at a time: 7x$258.45 = $1,809.15 total. Bought all at once: Probably ~$1,550.70.

So as you can see, because I am not raising prices as usual according to the increasing costs of doing business, inflation and the increasingly advanced technology being offered, you're getting quite a "discount" already.  I'm not doing this with the intention of giving a discount; I'm doing it with the intention of helping my customers remain able to afford my products while we are going through a pandemic and the whole world is being financially disrupted.  Regardless, you're effectively getting quite a discount.  In fact, better that what you would have gotten if there were an upgrade bonus of 25% or 50% off for upgrading.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - kserenyi - 04-08-2021

Thank you for that.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - ncbeareatingman - 04-16-2021

How do you delete a thread??? thanks.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - kserenyi - 04-16-2021

(04-16-2021, 03:26 PM)ncbeareatingman Wrote: How do you delete a thread??? thanks.

I'm sure you can just contact the moderator(s) directly and ask.  "Help -> Contact us"   or through another direct method.

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - Scisnien - 05-06-2021

I understand why the product page was removed. But I still need to read the description for UMS 5.75G in order to decide if right now is a good time for me to use it.  Particularly I want to know if a shield is included and if so which one. But that's not all, I want to see the whole description in order to get a good idea if this is the right sub for me at this time.

Is there anywhere I can view it?

RE: Where are UMS and UMOP? - fab10 - 05-07-2021

I think you have to message @Benjamin or write to the store’s email