Subliminal Talk
Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Family & Work Safe Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Family-Work-Safe-Journals)
+--- Forum: User Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-User-Journals)
+--- Thread: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G (/Thread-Achieve-Your-Ideal-Weight-4G)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Benjamin - 01-14-2012

I'm in Australia. What about you?

Have you had alot of challenges in the past with losing weight? All the trying i've done in the last few years hasn't been very successful. If you are a similar case as me then I know it will work similar for me too.

-Ben

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 01-16-2012

(01-14-2012, 06:11 AM)benjamin Wrote: I'm in Australia. What about you?

Have you had alot of challenges in the past with losing weight? All the trying i've done in the last few years hasn't been very successful. If you are a similar case as me then I know it will work similar for me too.

-Ben

I'm in Michigan USA. As for the weight issues, I've never really lost weight to be honest. I was a little bit chubby as a younger kid, but barely noticeable. However, as my weight grew fairly consistently. As I was growing in height as well, so the problem was masked. I still looked fit and healthy. However, when I stopped growing upwards... I did not stop growing outwards lol.

I gained a lot in college and I tried twice to do a diet. One was a no-carb which lasted only a few weeks. The other one was south beach diet. Neither did any noticeable results.

My screenname has to do with the book Wheat Belly (Dr. William Davis). There are a lot of issues with genetically modified wheat that create a lot of body fat and trick your body into thinking you are hungry more times than you should be (and for more food). I've passed that information all on to Shannon and I believe some of his research indicated similar things. I basically quit eating all wheat products and bread. I do not count carbs or do atkins. I have plenty of rice, potatoes, and fruits for carbs, just not wheat. Enriched/bleached flour also has several bad chemical properties (research Alloxan that they give lab rats to induce diabetes -- surprise... the chemicals used to enrich/bleach flour has an output of a lot of Alloxan).

The sub however, has been the real game changer for me. I am almost totally done with the first stage, and I just don't find myself hungry like I used to. One IMPORTANT note though, I missed a day yesterday due to some unexpected travel and I actually had my stomach growl and felt hungry way more than usual. When I got home I immediately started playing the sub, and within about 10minutes those feelings subsided!

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Benjamin - 01-17-2012

It's good your getting results.

Sounds like we may be eating in a similar way. I'm doing The Primal Blueprint. Which is a low carb diet, but not as extreme as atkins. The author recommends 100-150 grams a day. I don't think I could do no carbs at all, and he actually recommends against that.

I just tried that fitnesspal thing out of interest. And my carbs are approx just under 150. Atleast they will be today.

I'm eating little wheat, but still crave it alot. And some days I will have it, usually in the form of making a pizza from pitta bread with just tomato paste and cheese.

The challenge is lowering my carbs and also eating meat, I don't like alot of it and sausages don't really cut it, but that's what i've started with.

The author is also big on cutting out wheat. You might like the book.

-Ben

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 01-26-2012

Hey everyone. So I have quite the report...

Back a week ago I switched to Stage 2. The very next day, I went to a friends place (supposed to be just for a day or two). I ended up staying an entire week and going off the deep end. Part of this is likely due to ending a major relationship I was in for a while.

Now when I say off the deep end... I'm talking I was borderline alcoholic for a week. I drank tons of both liquor and beer. I also completely blew off any "diet" and ate as much crap as I possibly could. Had Subway three times, several mcdonalds runs, pizza, etc etc. After a week, I realized how unproductive I was being and got back home. I jumped on the scale (scared I had regained most of the 17lbs I was down) and it appears I have gained between 1-2lbs from my lowest point. I'm thankful it was not much worse.

However I have noticed one strange thing. With Stage 1 if I was hungry, within 30 minutes of playing it I would not get hungry. And, in general, I was not interested in eating. I would wakeup in the morning and not even think about food. In fact, several days I would realize in the middle of the afternoon that I had not eaten yet and make myself eat so I had blood sugar and energy to workout. With Stage 2 I have not found this. Since returning home, I am hungry for three meals a day, and in more quantity than I was eating in Stage 1. Also, if I get hungry, playing it does not make it go away.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, perhaps it is just normalizing me out (as three meals a day seems normal anyways). Just a very interesting observation.

I will be posting more regularly again along with updating my food diary now that I got that post-breakup phase out of the way.

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Shannon - 01-26-2012

I dare say that after a week of eating and drinking like that, to have gained 1-2 pounds is quite an accomplishment for the program.

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 01-27-2012

So funny story...

I get to my gym today and am talking to the guy that runs the men's locker room about how off my home scale is versus the gym. He says to me, "Oh yeah well that scale broke last week maybe that's it? We got a new one yesterday."

So I go check it and sure enough it is exactly what it was when I left for my drinking binge lol. This is a medical scale like you find at your doctor's office where you stand on it and then slide the weights and make it balance in the middle. I then went upstairs and checked on a digital scale they use in physical therapy area. It goes out to .1 lbs, but came up with the same weight.

I am really happy. I basically wasted a week of losing weight, but to eat and drink all that crap and not gain a single thing, WOW!

I'm at 19lbs down and looking forward to crossing the 20lb mark this week!!!

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Shannon - 01-27-2012

Yeah, that was impressive to discover. Nice work, wasting a week of weight loss, there, buddy. lol

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 01-31-2012

Updates...

Well my portion sizes have returned to small amounts like I was doing back in Stage 1 again. Not sure why I had a little spike of increased hunger (almost ravaging), but things are much better now.

Also, today at the gym I weighed down another 2 lbs. This means, that in 46 days, I have now lost 21lbs. All I can say is that I have never been more motivated. The remaining 50lbs I have to go does not even seem that hard now.

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Shannon - 01-31-2012

Yay! This and Ben's post has me smiling ear to ear. But you made me wait all that time for this little post? Come on, man, really, what were you really typing during that hour? lol

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - Benjamin - 02-01-2012

Good job on the progress!

It's awesome it's working for both of us! Smile

Maybe the increase in hunger was due to some resistance?

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 02-01-2012

(02-01-2012, 07:51 AM)benjamin Wrote: Good job on the progress!

It's awesome it's working for both of us! Smile

Maybe the increase in hunger was due to some resistance?

Definitely, I've really enjoyed reading your posts as well!

Shannon - keeping my posts short. I'd like to post all these wonderful amazing results I am seeing or all these changes I've noticed. But, to be honest, there isn't a whole lot. There are really a couple main things that started a small amount after 48 hours on Stage 1, which then progressed to a really serious degree about 3-4 weeks in...

1. Portion sizes decreased massively. Here are a few examples... An average breakfast now looks like 2 or 3 scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of bacon. Then for lunch (which I consume at people's normal dinner time of 6-7pm because of my crazy sleep schedule with my job) I typically have some sort of meat and potato/rice. Then, a lot of the time I don't even have dinner, but if I do then I will fry up a piece of ham or a burger or something with nothing else (no sides). The thing is, I am seriously full after all of that. It is not like any other diet I have been where I've experienced being really hungry after I ate etc.

2. Not that interested in carbs. I find myself seeing bread as just a filler cheap food now. I'm much more interested in different types of preparations of meats along with different spices. I also tend to go for rice as my carb to go with a meat as opposed to bread and potatoes overall. The only thing I still have not figured out yet is pizza. I've tried a couple gluten free recipes and have not had much luck. If any of you know of some good options please let me know. It is one of the few foods I really enjoy, but because I am living on my own if I make or order out a regular pizza, I am left to eat the entire thing myself over a week time period which is not good.

3. Energy levels have increased. When I go to workout, I used to get pretty tired after about 30min. Now, when I start working out, after the first 5-10 minutes I get a serious boost of energy and I can go an entire hour of cardio or playing raquetball with no slowing down.

I'm not sure what else is coming up ahead, or if it will just be these things really being embedded, but either way things are going well. When you calculate the numbers I gave yesterday, it comes out to losing 3-3.5 pounds a week. I couldn't ask for much more! Big Grin

RE: Achieve Your Ideal Weight 4G - craazyman - 07-05-2012

Okay, so I did not die... I moved to Texas back in February and did the worse possible job I could have done updating this forum with my new job and responsibilities. Anyways, I saw some moderate success from the program (I have maintained a loss of about 9-10 pounds since completing the 4G program).

I am now starting on the 5G with HyperSpeed program and am excited...

Read more about what happened with this program and my new journey on my new thread here:

http://www.subliminal-talk.com/Thread-Achieve-Your-Ideal-Weight-5G-with-HyperSpeed