Subliminal Talk
Need advice to buy better speakers - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Need advice to buy better speakers (/Thread-Need-advice-to-buy-better-speakers)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - Benjamin - 08-16-2020

Man technology has really gone downhill if you can't queue up more than 1. Sounds like apples influence messing everything up, my friend told me the other day he even has problems putting PHOTOS on his iphone now. So dodgy but everyone keeps buying them.

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - fab10 - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 05:20 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Man technology has really gone downhill if you can't queue up more than 1. Sounds like apples influence messing everything up, my friend told me the other day he even has problems putting PHOTOS on his iphone now. So dodgy but everyone keeps buying them.

Well, you can queue them up in the native Apple music app, but that does not play FLAC. VLC plays FLAC but the last couple of versions have had problems with playlists. Other than those two, indeed, I found no apps than can have a duplicate file in a playlist. That’s just stupid. I understand that our use case is not common but still... it shouldn’t be rocket science to implement something like that.

I’m now testing Vox, that doesn’t allow repeated files in playlists either but I seem to be able to queue them up as “play next”, that would mean repeating the process every day but it’s only a few seconds. I love the graphic display of Vox, seeing the ASRB is a kick. 

All considered, duplicating the file 7 times and wasting 7 GB (between hybrid and silent) sounds more and more appealing. 

I don’t have any problem with photos though  Hehe

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - tolgaocal80 - 08-16-2020

AFAIK "play next" puts a song after the current playing sound. You may have to repeat this process after every track
maybe renaming them to for example 1. 2.3. ... then adding playlist may solve this issue

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - fab10 - 08-17-2020

(08-16-2020, 09:53 PM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: AFAIK "play next" puts a song after the current playing sound. You may have to repeat this process after every track
maybe renaming them to for example 1. 2.3. ...  then adding playlist may solve this issue

Are you referring to Vox player? I have to work seriously on that problem today because tonight I have to start cycle 2.  Pinch  
I am sure that part of the reason I cannot find a solution is subconscious resistance though.

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - tolgaocal80 - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 08:42 AM)fab10 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:53 PM)tolgaocal80 Wrote: AFAIK "play next" puts a song after the current playing sound. You may have to repeat this process after every track
maybe renaming them to for example 1. 2.3. ...  then adding playlist may solve this issue

Are you referring to Vox player? I have to work seriously on that problem today because tonight I have to start cycle 2.  Pinch  
I am sure that part of the reason I cannot find a solution is subconscious resistance though.

yep, this command is doing the same thing in all players. You can find a solution man, it is not a big deal. Maybe subc. trying to make you worry about that, but you will solve this, I read other post of you about foobar2000 player, if you stuck, try it and let us know if it works better Smile

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - fab10 - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 10:36 AM)tolgaocal80 Wrote:

yep, this command is doing the same thing in all players. You can find a solution man, it is not a big deal. Maybe subc. trying to make you worry about that, but you will solve this, I read other post of you about foobar2000 player, if you stuck, try it and let us know if it works better Smile

Thank you so much for suggesting foobar2000 player, it took some work to get it going (FTP transfer, really??) but it seems perfect so far: FLAC support, no problem adding repeat track to playlists, easy to see which track it is currently playing. The final test will be running the 7 tracks back to back but so far, it seems to be the very best player I have tried to use. And yes, you are absolutely right, my subconscious is sabotaging this, all the more reason why I needed support from friends like you. I owe you one.

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - Benjamin - 08-17-2020

Weird. It would suck to fall asleep to LTU and then wake up to..

"COME ON BARBIE LETS GO BARBIE. IM A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD."

I mean I don't know what you have on your phone! Roflmao

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - tolgaocal80 - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 04:26 PM)Benjamin Wrote:

Weird. It would suck to fall asleep to LTU and then wake up to..

"COME ON BARBIE LETS GO BARBIE. IM A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD."

I mean I don't know what you have on your phone! Roflmao

I got it  Lol  . I have some gansta rap, not good for LTU playlist lol

RE: Need advice to buy better speakers - tolgaocal80 - 08-19-2020

(08-17-2020, 03:39 PM)fab10 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 10:36 AM)tolgaocal80 Wrote:

Thank you so much for suggesting foobar2000 player, it took some work to get it going (FTP transfer, really??) but it seems perfect so far: FLAC support, no problem adding repeat track to playlists, easy to see which track it is currently playing. The final test will be running the 7 tracks back to back but so far, it seems to be the very best player I have tried to use. And yes, you are absolutely right, my subconscious is sabotaging this, all the more reason why I needed support from friends like you. I owe you one.

I am happy to hear its working fine for iphone, thanks for your kidness Smile