Subliminal Talk
lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal (/Thread-lano1106-OF-5-75G-journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - RTBoss - 07-26-2020

(07-26-2020, 07:34 AM)Shannon Wrote: I've never understood people who hold your point of view.  Wearing a mask is simple, easy and proven to reduce the transmission of SARS-COV-2 significantly.  

You said:

Quote:I don't see using a mask as healthy as it makes you breath back your CO2 and more likely than not, the mask will get contaminated by bacterias and mushrooms and all sort of nasty things.

All of Asia was wearing masks like this for decades before SARS-COV-2 showed up, routinely.  They did that because it works to reduce the spread of disease, which is also why they have always been worn in hospitals forever.  If you look at the history concerning the Spanish Flu of 1918, you'll see that it was known even then that wearing a mask was important enough that people ended up getting shot for not wearing one.

Your reasons for not wearing one are ridiculous and preposterous.  Breathing back your own CO2 is not an issue if you adjust your mask correctly.  If the mask gets contaminated by bacteria, viruses or fungi, simply disinfect it!  Easily done with replacement, or washing it in alcohol, bleach, or any other type of disinfectant.  I use ionic silver.

The problem comes down to one of your "right" to not wear a mask, vs my right to not be unnecessarily exposed to a life threatening infection by you.  Which one is more important?  Your right to not wear a mask, or everyone else's right to stay healthy?  It's incredibly selfish and immature of you ald all who think like you to put the rest of us at increased risk for infection and DEATH because you have an issue doing something as simple as putting on a damned mask.  For no good reason.

If half the US wasn't thinking like that, we'd have a hell of a lot less infections, and a hell of a lot less deaths.

You have literally no good reason for not wearing a mask.  If you think you do, next time you go have a surgery, please request of your medical staff that they not wear masks during your surgery.  They wear those masks during your surgery so you have a significantly reduced chance of getting an infection.  Again, you can find these masks being used all through last CENTURY for this reason.  In other words, we have known that it is scientifically factual that wearing a mask significantly reduces the chance of spreading, or contracting, an infection.  For you and those around you.

I'm quite frankly sick of seeing so many people be stupid about this whole situation while whining about their "rights"  That's why the United States now has the worst SARS-COV-2 situation IN THE WORLD, and is the laughingstock of the whole world as a result.  I don't know if you live in the US, but I do know that conspiracy theories are trumped by reality, and the reality is, wearing a mask is effective in significantly reducing your chance of spreading or contracting a deadly disease called SAR-COV-2.  

Think!  It's not all about you and your "rights", especially when it's flat stupid to disregard the rights of others by doing so.  It would be onw thing if you chose to put yourself at increased risk and nobody else suffered for your choices, but by doing so, you are putting everyone around you at risk as well.  You are putting others at risk to contract and die from a deadly disease because you have ridiculous borderline conspiracy theorist excuses that don't amount to a damned hill of beans.

Wear a damned mask whenever you are around others!  Your "right" to not wear a mask does not outweigh everyone else's right to health!

Thank you! My wife, being a health care professional, also can't understand why people won't do the simple, effective, and right thing - wear a mask!  Instead, they come up with BS reasons (like those posed in this thread) about why they shouldn't.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - CatMan - 07-26-2020

I got annoyed reading that too, Shannon. Held off posting thinking I'd get in trouble for it.

If people would've smartened up for simply a few weeks back in March...all of this would've been over long ago.

Now, we have massive job losses, recession, mountains of debt, no doubt massive tax hikes to pay now...tons of devastating long-term consequences like people dying that didn't need to at all.

Cool.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Yous - 07-26-2020

(07-26-2020, 11:42 AM)CatMan Wrote: I got annoyed reading that too, Shannon. Held off posting thinking I'd get in trouble for it.

If people would've smartened up for simply a few weeks back in March...all of this would've been over long ago.

Now, we have massive job losses, recession, mountains of debt, no doubt massive tax hikes to pay now...tons of devastating long-term consequences like people dying that didn't need to at all.

Cool.

I also start writing but finally i decided to not do it. Anyway, Shannons answer was much better than mine.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - fab10 - 07-26-2020

(07-26-2020, 07:34 AM)Shannon Wrote: I've never understood people who hold your point of view.  Wearing a mask is simple, easy and proven to reduce the transmission of SARS-COV-2 significantly.  

You said:

Quote:I don't see using a mask as healthy as it makes you breath back your CO2 and more likely than not, the mask will get contaminated by bacterias and mushrooms and all sort of nasty things.

All of Asia was wearing masks like this for decades before SARS-COV-2 showed up, routinely.  They did that because it works to reduce the spread of disease, which is also why they have always been worn in hospitals forever.  If you look at the history concerning the Spanish Flu of 1918, you'll see that it was known even then that wearing a mask was important enough that people ended up getting shot for not wearing one.

Your reasons for not wearing one are ridiculous and preposterous.  Breathing back your own CO2 is not an issue if you adjust your mask correctly.  If the mask gets contaminated by bacteria, viruses or fungi, simply disinfect it!  Easily done with replacement, or washing it in alcohol, bleach, or any other type of disinfectant.  I use ionic silver.

The problem comes down to one of your "right" to not wear a mask, vs my right to not be unnecessarily exposed to a life threatening infection by you.  Which one is more important?  Your right to not wear a mask, or everyone else's right to stay healthy?  It's incredibly selfish and immature of you ald all who think like you to put the rest of us at increased risk for infection and DEATH because you have an issue doing something as simple as putting on a damned mask.  For no good reason.

If half the US wasn't thinking like that, we'd have a hell of a lot less infections, and a hell of a lot less deaths.

You have literally no good reason for not wearing a mask.  If you think you do, next time you go have a surgery, please request of your medical staff that they not wear masks during your surgery.  They wear those masks during your surgery so you have a significantly reduced chance of getting an infection.  Again, you can find these masks being used all through last CENTURY for this reason.  In other words, we have known that it is scientifically factual that wearing a mask significantly reduces the chance of spreading, or contracting, an infection.  For you and those around you.

I'm quite frankly sick of seeing so many people be stupid about this whole situation while whining about their "rights"  That's why the United States now has the worst SARS-COV-2 situation IN THE WORLD, and is the laughingstock of the whole world as a result.  I don't know if you live in the US, but I do know that conspiracy theories are trumped by reality, and the reality is, wearing a mask is effective in significantly reducing your chance of spreading or contracting a deadly disease called SAR-COV-2.  

Think!  It's not all about you and your "rights", especially when it's flat stupid to disregard the rights of others by doing so.  It would be onw thing if you chose to put yourself at increased risk and nobody else suffered for your choices, but by doing so, you are putting everyone around you at risk as well.  You are putting others at risk to contract and die from a deadly disease because you have ridiculous borderline conspiracy theorist excuses that don't amount to a damned hill of beans.

Wear a damned mask whenever you are around others!  Your "right" to not wear a mask does not outweigh everyone else's right to health!

Brilliant post, it expresses how I feel better than I could ever express it. I’ll save it in case I get sucked into a similar argument.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - DMSIuser78 - 07-26-2020

I agree with lano1106.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Fluffy - 07-27-2020

This is one way to make a person not want to write in their journal and freely express their self.

I think it is up to the individual person if they want to wear a mask or not. If the masks are so great, then the people with masks on have nothing to worry about, including worries of catching things from people without masks.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Yous - 07-27-2020

We are all free to comment and more if it is a matter of general health and that can cost many lives.

It depends on the type of mask, there are masks that serve only to avoid infecting others, but these do not prevent that those who use can be infected and these are the most widespread because they are the cheapest. If we all wear masks we are helping others not to be infected by us. And when it is an issue in which the behavior of some affects the health of others, especially that of the elderly, it is an issue of solidarity, not of authority or freedom. I identify myself with Lano in that I do not like authority simply or blind authority or authority because yes, I like to understand why the rules. And this is clear that it has a reason, to save lives.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 07-27-2020

I respect your opinion but I'm just going to say that my position is an educated one.

There is a scientific meta-analysis that have reviewed research papers over the last 10 years that support my position:
https://vaccinechoicecanada.com/wp-content/uploads/masks-dont-work-denis-rancourt-april-2020.pdf

granted you could maybe find other research papers that says otherwise so at worst, there is no scientific consensus about wearing masks and it is even written on the box that the masks don't protect against viruses including Covid.

The doctor in my country that is the equivalent of Dr Fauci in the USA even admitted. The current Covid-19 numbers dont justify the obligation. Hospitals are empty. there is only between 0 to 4 deaths daily countrywide. They are making the mask mandatory to install a new social norm so that everyone wears that mask every year during the flu season. IOW, they are training us to wear a mask all the time.

Plus, you must know Cialdini and its commitment and consistency influence principle. Accepting a small request makes it more probable that you are going to accept a bigger request down the road to remain congruent with your initial decision. It is painful to admit that we made a bad decision therefore our mind builds justifications around the decision and we create a self-image around it. I guarantee you that the mask isn't the last thing that is going to be mandatory if the population isn't resisting and I refuse to play that game. Globalists have found out that the best way to accomplish their dreams of enslaving the world was through public health and this is what we are witnessing. Remember the initial narrative, FOUR MONTHS AGO, was we are going to lockdown only for 2 weeks for flattening the curve so that the medical system doesn't saturate. Then when it is done, we all are going to return to our normal life. The damn curve is more than flat. It is downright gone and are we done with all these measures?

Concerning Asia where people have been using masks. China is maybe one of the most polluted country in the world. They are wearing the masks to protect themselves against air pollution and smog not against viruses.

Time will tell but I predict that a lot of people are going to fall sick because of the mask.

To conclude, I'm not against people wearing masks. I'm defending the liberty of choice when it comes to what should be individual decisions. Beside, if the mask is effective, people wearing it shouldn't be worried about me not wearing one. The same rational applies to vaccine as well.

Hopefully, occidental countries will remain free democracies and don't become sanitary dictatorships which I perceive some powerful people are trying to push...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - DMSIuser78 - 07-27-2020

Regarding the argument that surgeons wear masks, that is to prevent accidental contamination of the patient's open wounds, and to protect the surgeon from splashes of bodily fluids from the patient.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

"Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Roy - 07-27-2020

Wearing masks damages people's health as humans are not designed to breath what they breath out,it's toxic and causes long term physical damages in addition to psychological damages. Focusing on the masks in focusing on the cosmetic side of crisis management and turns into societal virtue signaling. It turns into blame game of fine and punish those who don't because we are afraid,shut down all the business as there's a dangerous plague even at the price of people having nothing to eat.

If people are afraid of the plague they should stay home,they have no right to force anything on others.No government ever stopped a plague with regulations,it won't change now.

Where I live the government is using it as an excuse to fine and terrorize the population,destroy the economy and continuously whittle away democracy and human right,all for the noble cause of political survival of the prime minister and his lackeys that caused the crisis. The second wave came as expected before the continuation of his trial for corruption in attempt to shut down the court houses. In the first wave the courts were closed when there were virtually no sick people.

What's going on seems to be an extreme case of mass psychosis combined with governments unable to deal with the situation which leads to them creating with the media feedback loop that increases the fear and leads to more restrictions that causes more problems and fear.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Shannon - 07-27-2020

Okay. I can see this is going to lead to a situation we try to avoid on this forum. So instead of continuing, let's just stop talking about masks. I don't want this forum to become a flame fest and tempers are going to run high on this one. I also don't want to be p[art of spreading misinformation about masks. So let's stop here.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Yous - 07-27-2020

If you really believe that the virus penetrates the mask and you are breathing it, how can you believe also when exhaling CO2 you become intoxicated? Viruses need a vector to spread, and in this case, the COVID-19 vector is respiratory droplets, which do not easily pass through a mask if used properly.

It can be verified by doing experiments measuring oxygen saturation with and without a mask to see that there is no problem.

Trump didnt want to wear mask and didnt give it importance. Bolsonaro didnt want to wear mask, the president of brasil. A judge had to force him to wear the mask. We all like conspiracy theories, but in this case we should listen to science and common sense.

I just saw shannons post, i was answering before.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Shannon - 07-27-2020

No more discussion of masks. There are a lot of different opinions and I don't want a flame war, or to have to make rules to preserve the peace of the forum regarding this. I would rather everyone has their own opinion and we remain a community than get into it here. This really isn't the place. Better to let sleeping dragons sleep.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - DMSIuser78 - 07-27-2020

@Yous I suggest you edit your last post to be blank or request to have it deleted.