Subliminal Talk
lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal (/Thread-lano1106-OF-5-75G-journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-06-2020

Cycle 17, day #6:

I have nailed down my final problem

Library successfully installed!

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-08-2020

Cycle 17 day off #2:

I am minutes away from rebooting my trading server on the new server. Then I have realized that the server upgrade did happen exactly one month ago on November 9th... WTF did I do for having my server being down for a month?

This is for this type of question that the journal is so helpful... It doesn't only keep track of a sub result progress but you can also use it to review how you spend time.

After reading back this journal last month entries, I am reassured that there is a valid explanation. I did complete the margin trading code for few weeks. I did finished that task on November 30th. This task was complex so it makes sense that it did take 3 weeks.

Next setting up my dev environment which includes building new versions of tools and libraries. The first time that I did it, it took roughly a week. With the experience and notes taken during the first time that I did it, I could have expected to do it faster this time. That is a reasonable expectation.

But having newer versions did bring new difficulties and I did fix issues that went unnoticed the first time. Accounting for that, it took the same amount of time than the first time but the result quality is superior.

I think that we are good. The only thing that sucks is that when I did shutdown the trading server for migrating my stuff on the new machine, I was at roughly $40K in trading volume for the last 30 days period. An ATH and so close from the $50K threshold granting me the next lower fee brackets that I think could make a big difference in my system profitability...

I will need to build up my volume pretty much all from scratch now... Oh, well, I guess this is the normal grinding process needed to reach success...

I wonder if under BASE, I would have managed differently the priorities in front of me and would have done them differently...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-09-2020

Cycle 17 day off #3:

I went to my jujitsu class. When the class ended, I did talk a bit with the teacher. He said something about me which is accurate. He said the he perceiced that I have a fear of pain and this is blocking my progress...

Well this is totally accurate and it seems hard to get away from this healthy self-preserving fear...

Oh well, I'll need to meditate about this fear and if I can and want get rid of it and if it would be good to do so...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-11-2020

Cycle 18 day 2:

Not much to say today but I'm forcing myself to write an entry to keep track of where I am in the cycle.

I start to know myself better. When Winter approach, I get some sort of seasonal motivation slow down...

When I get a video game habit setback this is happening precisely during this time of the year. This isn't happening right now but I feel my productivity slightly decrease.

I made a dream where something I have been doing totally lawfully for many months has suddenly become illegal and I have learned about it as I was fined by the police... When you talk about illegal de facto sovereign power... This is a prime example of it... Laws that are made up and change with no prior notice once every few weeks... This is madness and absolutely not so far from the reality.

I was frustrated and outraged but not fearful in this dream...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-13-2020

Cycle 18, day 4:

Not much to say again but I am forcing myself to write an entry to keep track of where I am in the cycle.

In the last few days, I had some difficulty to squeeze all the loops in a single day. I did somehow skip one night of listening because I did fall asleep before starting the loops.

To catch up, I did make those loops during the day but because it was harder to listen to them uninterrupted, the following night, at bedtime, I didn't finish the whole 6 loops when I supposed to start the following day loops. It took me 2-3 days to fallback where I am up to date with my loops in the morning.

I am also finishing debugging my first margin trading run that did end up in a core dump. Doing this did allow me to squash out several bugs. Hopefully, the next attempt will work better which will allow to move on to the next objective.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-15-2020

Cycle 18, day 6:

I was about to give the margin trading code a second run but an automatic trade did launch a new ugly bug did show up...

Some corner case but fortunately simple to fix.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-16-2020

Cycle 18, day off #1:

I have made margin trading run #2 and #3... Things are starting to be in pretty good shape...

There is still few small glitches around but nothing major... I'm starting to feel the energy coming from the knowledge that an important milestone in my journey is around the corner.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-17-2020

Cycle 18, day #2 off:

I'm getting ready for OF v2. Hopefully, it will be released for the start of the cycle 19.

I did play more with my margin code. It is really getting in shape. Few more tweaking is required but overall it starts to be very solid.

Oddly enough, my ARB strategy got triggered few times today. It did fine except that it did stumble on a small glitch.

Funny thing is that the time it took to fix the ARB glitch, market conditions got better when it was time to complete the interrupted trade.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 12-20-2020

Cycle 19, day #2:

I just bought OFv2. Therefore this is going to be the last entry of my v1 journal.

Cycle 19 represents having completed 2/3 of the 8 months required by OF.

It is going to feel refreshing to start something new because honestly, I haven't felt any fear related improvements for some time with the program. Hopefully with v2, I am going to feel again that some changes are happening.

The plan is to complete the 8 months period with v2. Running v2 for 1/3 of the 8 months should be enough to provide some permanent change.

8 months is a really long period of time. Enough to start getting bored... I have read in Shannon discussion journal that I should redo a full 8 months with v2. Honestly, idk if I have the strength and/or desire to dedicate another 8 months to OF starting from today...

I commit to at least 2.5 months (the remaining 9 cycles) and then I'll see but most likely than not, at that time if there is another program calling me, I'll probably jump back on it...

UMS is very tempting or maybe a second run of BASE now that I'll have OF under the belt... or DMSI update if released in the next 3 months... We will see...

My server did core dump yesterday... Based on the log, I couldn't find what was the cause of the problem. It did allow me to see all the small inefficiencies in the code around where the core did happen and I made the code more efficient as a result but I couldn't find the core dump cause...

However, I have just discovered something absolutely delicious with my latest server upgrade. It now generated core dump files... This is going to make all my future debug session a breeze compared to what it was. If the last core dump issue dare to show up again.. I'll have no pity with it now that the core dump files generation has been activated...

Margin trading code is becoming pretty solid... I have lost some money while testing it but now it has become a trading skill issue more than a technical issue. I need to improve my timing at entering a position. Too eager to jump in... My action is fueled by a fear of missing out... Rationally, I know that when I see a trend developing... Almost always, the price will bounce at least once in the opposite direction before resuming moving in the trend direction. I need to control my emotions and stay cold headed... Very often yesterday, I did jump in a position quickly instead of waiting 10 minutes for much more favorable entry points...

Update:

While in the shower, I did find my core dump problem. It is a race condition that has been present at least since last July!