Subliminal Talk
lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Men's Journals (18+ NSFW) (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals-18-NSFW)
+--- Forum: Men's Journals (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Men-s-Journals)
+--- Thread: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal (/Thread-lano1106-OF-5-75G-journal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 10-28-2020

Cycle 13, day #2:

A change in the exchange API did break my system. I did find it out before it had the chance to cause too much trouble.

Beside that, it hasn't been a very productive day. I felt tired for most of the day.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 10-28-2020

Cycle 13, day #3:

Not much to say... It appears that I have accomplish a lot today but the amount of required work is so colossal that it seems like I haven't gotten much closer to completion...

Perhaps that I am not taking the most direct path... but it seems important that I validate that new low-level margin trading code works fine before building more on top of it...

So, to achieve that, I want to be able to initiate some margin trading from my client. I tried enter few margin trades from the exchange website. Clearly, it is far from ideal... I would rather let my execute engine do the trading for me.

but to be able to do that, I had modify an existing dialog window in my client. I did add a Tab widget to it. I did place the original dialog widgets into the first tab and I created a second tab where I can specify the margin trade parameters. Doing that did request from me that I create a bunch of new specialized widgets.

It doesn't look like much but I did work the full day on that simple dialog box task. Granted GUI coding isn't my cup of tea but still, even simple tasks, especially when you need some R&D to figure out how things are going to work, it takes a lot of time...

This is clearly an act of passion to dedicate so much time to that endeavor...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 10-29-2020

Cycle 13, day #4:

During my sleep, the system made 2 trades. 1 made a small profit the other a small loss...

Update:

I have finished the dialog upgrade for margin trade operation.

It did required 9 new widget classes and a little bit of debugging. All in all, 2 full days to upgrade a tiny dialog...

I wish those tasks could be completed faster... but this is not easy stuff to have it right...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 10-31-2020

Cycle 13, day #6:

I got an halloween party yesterday.

I have almost missed it as I did a power nap before leaving and I woke up 1 hour later than desired.

It has been a first big social activity since about 4 months. BTW, I am almost midway in OF program...

This experience did allow me to test the effect of OF on any social anxiety. I'm happy to report that I didn't felt any...

Of course, I did drink a lot of alcohol which is a natural social lube but the OF effect wa undeniable.

There was roughly 20 persons and I did have fun with all of them. It felt great to see some people.

Absolutely the best event of October!

However, I am paying the price today for my excesses... I have been pretty much out of order the whole as I was recuperating from the night before.

Since the occasion to party has now become so rare... I don't care that much about that...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-02-2020

Cycle 13, day off #2:

I gave the OE 5.75G a try... I'm not sure that I got the best possible orgasm of my life but TBH, it was more enjoyable than usual... Just knowing that I was using OE was making the whole experience more exciting and the anticipation was thrilling.

I have to report that my partner was definitely moaning louder than usual and she was also much more excited than usual... and that by itself was very enjoyable...

Concerning my own experience... I didn't feel that my orgasm itself was stronger than normal. However, my erection could have been a little big harder than normal so that made it better for both of us...

I had a glitch with VLC playlist. I created a playlist of 2 loops to follow the instruction but I found out that the player loop function was on so I must have realized that after 3 and half loop playback... I'll be more careful about that next time...

So all in all, I think that OE is very good... It did something for us on first try...

Update:

I just realized that I felt tired and kinda depressed for the whole week-end. I attributed that state to some kind hangover from my last Friday partying... but I did work non-stop the whole night... It seems like last evening sex session has been very beneficial energy and mood wise...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-04-2020

Cycle 14, day #1:

I made weird last night. I was hiding from german soldiers in a WW2 forest. I was hiding inside a tank carcass and flipped to a small shelter made of pine branches in which I have found my old beloved long time passed away cat....

It was a mix of scary and recomforting elements... weird...

The start of this cycle also mark the point where I am officially past the half of the 8 month OF programming...

I might give OE a second try tonight. This time maybe a solo experience so that all my focus turn on my sensations...

Concerning my trading project... The margin trading code is advancing well... I remember maybe one month ago... by seeing the diminishing trading activities due to a market condition changes... I was wondering if I was in a dead-end or not... With this new code, I see new opportunities... I'm feeling that things are going to unblock soon...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-06-2020

cycle 14, day #2:

I did a second OE experiment. I cannot say that the orgasm itself was much more intense but the whole journey to reach it was improved. What I felt was:

1. I was more aware of the pleasurable sensations
2. My capacity to feel pleasure before reaching the PONR was increased

Therefore, I did perceived as if the amount of pleasure received was increased with OE.

On a different topic, I did write a somehow complex function that will be used to automate margin trading. So it feels like, I haven't done much but having designed and coded that part was a lot.

Given the current state of the system I can manually enter and exit positions by using my execution engine. By doing those manual trades, I feel my decisions driven by emotions. Mostly fear and and greed. It is very hard to stay cold headed when you see a position that is green become very fast red. It makes you move out of the position fast out of fear to not have a profit becoming a loss. Yet by not having exited the position and having sticked to the simple rules that I'm currently coding, Those breakeven trades or even small losses trades should have been profitable.

That means that I still have some inner work to do to get rid of some fears and/or completely get out of the picture and let my designed system makes automatic decisions.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-06-2020

Cycle 14, day #3:

My night has been filled with strange dreams.

First, it was a huge family meeting and the guests were wandering around the house doing weird things.

Some were seeking arguement with me but I was left unaffected no matter what was thrown at me.

The second dream was really weird as well. I was in a some sort of post-apocalyptic word. Think a mixture of 1984, terminator and Alita the battle angel.

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-07-2020

Cycle 14, day #4:

Current margin code changes has more impact on the code base than I thought it would.

There are 6 new files and 27 others modified for it and I am not done yet. I know up front that I'll need at least 2 new other files as well.

This is what I am going to do today.

Bitcoin price appears to have stabilized around $15,500. The bulls even appear to have lost their enthusiasm and the price looks like it want to slowly deflate a bit now...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-09-2020

Cycle 14, day #6:

I did some more manual trading... Since last week, crypto trading has become very exciting because of its volatility.

It did allow me to confront my investing fear and I also have improved my markets understanding and trading skills.

One of the understanding that I got in the last few days is that resistance and support lines are created by other investors going through the same roller coaster ride than I do and they place stop loss and take profit orders and those for the big part are creating those imaginary lines.

I'm by far from being very accurate but my prediction skills have definitely improved.... My trading volume is now gain up to $35K.... Most of it has been generated mostly by manual trading... My arb strategy has stopped working... One hypothesis was that it needed high exchange volume to be triggered. With all the crazy events... This hypothesis doesn't hold at all since we have excellent liquidity and volume right now.

Then, I must be facing bigger players than myself that reaps everything before I can see anything since they must have lower fees than I do... Soon, I'll be able to validate if fee bracket is an important factor...

Margin code is advancing... As always, the devil is in the details... I feel like the changes should be done any minutes from now only find out some overlooked small but important details... but I will succeed in going through all those challenges...

So now, cycle 14 days off are about to start...

Thursday night, cycle 15 will start!

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-13-2020

cycle 14, day off #3:

Too much things are happening at the same time. It could be seen in a bad way, it could be seen in a good way.

I am in the process of changing of mailing service which by itself is a big move.

My webhosting company did force me to migrate my web servers (and my trading server) on a newer OS..

And the exchange did upgrade their API protocol yesterday and it did break my trading client. My client stop working because part of the exchange server upgrade has been to start accepting Websocket compression extension that my client has always offered but the offer was declined by the exchange server until yesterday.

I have been forced to look into the websocket library that I am using (after having pushed the enveloppe for the JSON library, events are pushing me to do the same for WS). I did found a bug in it and I did fix it.
but this did also gave me the opportunity to find a major flaw in my own code which was making read incoming messages in 16 bytes chunks (I did increase the maximum chunk size to 1536 bytes). This did also allowed to invalidate an assumption about the WS messages to my code. I was thinking that they weren't NULL terminated.
This had a big incidence on how the JSON parsing code was handling its input.
It had to make sure at every byte that we didn't reach the end. This will allow me to remove one extra condition from the code.
That doesn't seem like a lot but it is. considering that I receive a million of update every 15 minutes. If the condition is verified for every bytes of these millions of messages, at the end of the day, it makes a lot of verification that I can now remove.

I haven't removed the condition yet... but simply increase the maximum chunk size from 16 to 1536 bytes and receiving compressed network stream, it does make a huge difference in CPU usage...

These are improvements that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the problem that the server upgrade didn't cause...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-16-2020

cycle 15, day #3:

web server update is completed. The only remaining task on it is to rebuild a bunch of libraries required for my trade server to work. Last summer, it took me roughly a week to do that task but since, I have carefully documented what I did back then, I expect the task to be smoother this time.

but before doing that I want to complete the margin trading code. It is becoming tedious to modify that code. My coding is paralyzed by dozens of considerations that a small change could have on some other parts of the program.

I am creating few new abstractions and it feels like I am not fully grasping all the involved concepts. To be fair, The exchange doc isn't 100% crystal clear on this advanced topic and even exchange representatives make mistakes when they reply back my questions. They even did gave me a $20 fee credit for having found a glitch in their doc!

My code is getting complex. It makes me write incorrect code that I have to review and correct. IOW, it is becoming painfully slow to modify this code. It is big and I forgot some part of it since I'm close to the 1 year anniversary of this project and some of the code, I have written it a long time ago.

Again, if I spin this difficulty positively, I can say that this is an opportunity to improve the code documentation and perhaps learn from my coding mistakes and change the code the best I can to make it less error prone.

To conclude, I'm almost done... this code should be completed soon...

I have started following a jujitsu class... Learning to fight is definitely not part of my comfort zone... I feel like OF is helping me to learn and enjoy the class more...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-16-2020

cycle 15, day #4:

web server migration did bite back again last night.

Some backup settings have been misconfigured by the webhosting corp staff and it did store the backup on the local disk. Since I am using more than 50% of the disk usage, the backup made the disk usage go to 100% and from there a bunch of stuff, including email stopped working on the machine.

I did find the problem only mid-afternoon today...

Hopefully, this is the last problem that I have from that migration...

RE: lano1106 OF 5.75G journal - lano1106 - 11-18-2020

cycle 15, day #5:

Freaking margin trading code... It is so huge that it is scary. I have been coding it non-stop for something like the last week.

I am almost done but I need to unit test as much as I can. Otherwise, it would be like running after the trouble. With the huge amount of untested code written, the probability that some bugs are in is big...

That sucks that it takes so much time as there is currently a superb bull run in the BTC market...