Subliminal Talk
Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Printable Version

+- Subliminal Talk (https://subliminal-talk.com)
+-- Forum: Website and Subliminal Feedback (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Website-and-Subliminal-Feedback)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://subliminal-talk.com/Forum-Troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? (/Thread-Is-it-ok-to-Start-Stop-and-then-Start-again-where-you-left-off)

Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - HearDontListen - 08-04-2019

I only have UMS so that is the program I'm asking about specifically.  It's 1 hour 24 minutes long. 

Say you started playing it and then something called your attention away, so you have to pause it, and then continue from where you left off later on.  Is this bad to do? 

Its not something I intend or like to do, but sometimes something comes up I have to attend to. Is it better to just start from the beginning no matter where you stopped? Or should you just finish from where you left off?

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Benjamin - 08-04-2019

With most 5.5g programs other than E2 you want to listen uninterrupted, pausing it will lessen the effectiveness quite a bit because Shannon has programmed silences into it for your mind to rest that have been calculated for that specific program.

From the glossary - Audio to Silence Ratio Balancer: (ASRB): This 6G back port technology allows Extremely Massive Data Input and Processing (EMDIP) scripting to run at maximum efficiency in real time without exhausting the brain. Provides much better experience and much smoother program execution.

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Shannon - 08-04-2019

Use it when you can listen to it uninterrupted. I'm sure you can find time to do one loop uninterrupted some time during a day.

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Mufasa - 08-04-2019

I had the exact same question. I was assuming it was okay to pause.

If it is important to listen to the track uninterrupted, it'd be nice if that was clearly stated in the instructions...

Also - The instructions for the sub changed and there was NO notification email for customers who purchased before the change - is it just expected that if we purchase a product, we must be following the forums?

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - HearDontListen - 08-05-2019

Thanks.  Yeah I can make sure only uninterrupted loops happen.  Just have to plan for it a bit more.

Actually, yesterday was the first time I ran into this issue.  I ran two loops and the second one got all messed up with me being called away several times and having to start where I left off.  I guess I just won't count that one -- it will be like I only did one loop yesterday.

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Shannon - 08-06-2019

(08-04-2019, 06:55 PM)Mufasa Wrote: I had the exact same question.  I was assuming it was okay to pause.

If it is important to listen to the track uninterrupted, it'd be nice if that was clearly stated in the instructions...

Also - The instructions for the sub changed and there was NO notification email for customers who purchased before the change - is it just expected that if we purchase a product, we must be following the forums?

It is very rare for the instructions to change. In this case, the way they changed was to go from the official settings to "do what you like". You can't go wrong using the official settings, and I knew that most people who are regulars were going to disbelieve the official settings and do whatever they wanted anyway. Since this is an entirely new power level, I knew that those who disregarded my official instructions would eventually find their way back to that or something close, and those who followed the original instructions were still following the instructions, it did not strike me as being necessary to send out an email. 

You will almost never see the official instructions change. In fact I can't remember the last time they did.

RE: Is it ok to Start, Stop and then Start again where you left off? - Shannon - 08-06-2019

(08-05-2019, 03:36 AM)HearDontListen Wrote: Thanks.  Yeah I can make sure only uninterrupted loops happen.  Just have to plan for it a bit more.

Actually, yesterday was the first time I ran into this issue.  I ran two loops and the second one got all messed up with me being called away several times and having to start where I left off.  I guess I just won't count that one -- it will be like I only did one loop yesterday.

It doesn't work like that. At this power level, every second of exposure counts.  That's why you need to be careful not to interrupt it if possible.